You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

So it's not bad enough that we have to stump up €35 odd billion but now we are left with another bill fur a botched investigation and probable legal costs. What a joke

vote no.1 the labour party!!

The Government and the Judiciary are completely seperate.

That's the theory anyway
In fairness it is like. The Judges often give less than 10 years for Drugs just to let the government know who's in charge.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:42am

Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

So it's not bad enough that we have to stump up €35 odd billion but now we are left with another bill fur a botched investigation and probable legal costs. What a joke

vote no.1 the labour party!!
what Have labour got to do with it? Wasn't on this watch and they were the only party who voted against the guarantee.

Will ya stop boy. They have sold themselves out more times than a shoe shop first week of September.
The main thing is not to panic
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:41pm
Not having heard all the eviedence it is quiet probable that the Jury got it 100% right and there is no evidence linking Fitzpatrick to the loans.

I'm pretty sure he is a very smart man and while most likely well aware of what was happening it was not possible to prove it.

Hopefully there is enough evidence to convict in the forthcoming trial re the Nationwide loans.

If the judge has any balls he'll impose maximum sentences as they contested the charges, and leave it to an appeal court to decide if the sentence is too heavy.
I know nothing :-)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:47pm
He already hinted he wouldn't as the regulator knew what was going on and let it go, he should be in the dock too
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Not having heard all the eviedence it is quiet probable that the Jury got it 100% right and there is no evidence linking Fitzpatrick to the loans.

I'm pretty sure he is a very smart man and while most likely well aware of what was happening it was not possible to prove it.

Hopefully there is enough evidence to convict in the forthcoming trial re the Nationwide loans.

If the judge has any balls he'll impose maximum sentences as they contested the charges, and leave it to an appeal court to decide if the sentence is too heavy.

Just browsing over the Times today and it was Drumm who was the main man doing the deals with the Maple 10.

Fitz was not aware of who these people were but was told by Drumm that it was all above board and in compliance.

Any reason why Drumm is not extradited over here to face trial?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Just browsing over the Times today and it was Drumm who was the main man doing the deals with the Maple 10.

Fitz was not aware of who these people were but was told by Drumm that it was all above board and in compliance.

One of the lawyers said the trial without Drumm was like Hamlet without the prince. 
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

This is the question I keep asking. Is there any reason why he isn't being sought for extradition?
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 6:26am
Relations are not good between the 2 countries when it comes to extradition. A well known republican who I know caused serious damage to the US economy and the irish state wouldn't grant the extradition because of his political status. I wouldn't be surprised if the irish government did look for it because of his profile the US might tell the state to get f**ked
The main thing is not to panic
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:43pm
BUMP
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:43pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:53pm
Unbelieveable but at the same time depressingly predictable. Official Ireland has circled the wagons and now it's time to ride again. 

If you come from a certain background in this country, you're untouchable. 

Edited by sid waddell - 29 Apr 2014 at 4:53pm
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 6:45pm
Ireland, the best little sewer on the planet to do business in . The koonts imprisoned folk for not having a tv licence ffs . What a disgusting little kip they have made of our country . Elites are a cancer .
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 7:47pm
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/mcateer-and-whelan-spared-jail-in-anglo-case-1.1777520
He said it would be unjust to jail the two men given “a State agency had led them into error and illegality”.

Presumably in other countries the appropriate state agents would be brought to justice but unfortunately this is Ireland, where the buck stops nowhere. A true banana republic.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 8:30pm
It's Martin Nolan, he always does this. They've been giving him the hint for years to get lost.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:17pm
They'll happily blame the guy who has retired with a healthy pension and can't be touched now. Joke
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 9:18am
Bob Geldof could have wrote Banana Republic last week, only he had a funeral to attend (RIP).

Hundreds of people six foot in the ground by suicide and families financially & emotionally destroyed by the fiscal reductions required in government budgeting to get us out of financial lunacy and We haven't learned a fcukin thing. The same cnunts are in charge of the fun-house folks.

After finding these two shysters guilty of giving illegal loans to 10 developers to buy shares in their own bank, (presumably with the hope of codding other investors as to the banks prospects), the Judge Martin Nolan said yesterday, and I quote from source; 

• Both men were executive directors of the bank and had an obligation to ensure the bank behaved in a lawful manner and they had signally failed to do this. 
  • They had a duty to stop this scheme he said.
  • Their acts were a blatant affront to Section 60 of the Companies Act, no matter what the motivation was or what necessity was perceived. 
  • It was a breach of the law and necessity did not give parties the right to break the law.
  • his was not a victimless crime as anyone buying Anglo shares in July 2008 would not have been aware of the true state of the bank.
And then what did he do; he adjourned sentencing to consider if he might give them a few hours of community service. Aaah sure jaysus Enda, can't we not rightfully claim now "we are the best little country in the World to do business".

If anyone is looking for Justice Nolan today, I've already been told by his secretary he will not be answering any questions as he is busy playing a few rounds of crazy golf up at Portmarnock. Mssrs McAteer & Whelan have agreed to pay for lunch. 

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Ludwig von Drake Ludwig von Drake wrote:

countries the appropriate state agents would be brought to justice but unfortunately this is Ireland, where the buck stops nowhere. A true banana republic.

So true. If you know the 'right' people and are high enough up the elite chain you have absolutely zero responsibility to worry about. Sure look at the John Tierney lad - made an absolute balls of the Poolbeg incinerator - cost the taxpayer 100 odd million or whatever it was, then just walks right into the next cushy little number as head of Irish Water. Patrick Neary - the regulator who happily approved these illegal loans - simply just stands down and retains his pension. No criminal charges brought his way, despite the fact the Judge hung him out to dry in an effort to save the skin of these two absolute dzopes.

Apart from the odiousness of it all, what sort of message does it send out to the youth of the country? "Out ya go lads - f*ck over as many people as ya can on the way up - and don't worry if ya mess up at all 'cos they'll be absolutely no repercussions!" To say this country has gone to the dogs would be a severe understatement.

On a side note, I received an 80 Euro fine this morning for doing 61 in a 50 zone (in a non-built up area). Those two Anglo gangsters got a suspended jail sentence and no fine. In effect, I therefore received a sterner financial punishment for my crime. Sweet, sweet justice - Irish style!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:01pm
The Anglo lads haven't been sentenced yet. They're probably going to get 240 hours community service.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic