You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 12:51am
Seany Fitz is a legend and should be rewarded
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shamrock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:00am
What can you say really. What sort of system lets a **** like him go scot free? There are many who are complicit in this from law makers to politicians. Reflects very badly on this government who came in on the promise of change and a lot of goodwill but have done a steady if very unspectacular job.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:26am
Enda Kenny is making him Minister for Finance
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

So it's not bad enough that we have to stump up €35 odd billion but now we are left with another bill fur a botched investigation and probable legal costs. What a joke

vote no.1 the labour party!!
The main thing is not to panic
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Enda Kenny is making him Minister for Finance

Couldn't be worse than Charlie McReevy. A far bigger gangster than Seanie Fitz
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:37am
Not surprised but still disgusted. All we can hope now is that he gets done on the other charges that SD talked about there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:16am
In fairness, he wasn't involved in the day to day running of the bank at the time. Had David Drumm been on trial rather than hiding in 'Murica, I'd say we'd have the lynching some are looking for.

Thankfully though, we have the rule of law and a jury that have sat through twelve weeks of a trial, heard all the evidence proffered by the State and deliberated on it for days have reached a verdict on that basis, rather than on the basis of what the populist papers and tv news soundbites tell them.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:57am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In fairness, he wasn't involved in the day to day running of the bank at the time. Had David Drumm been on trial rather than hiding in 'Murica, I'd say we'd have the lynching some are looking for.

Thankfully though, we have the rule of law and a jury that have sat through twelve weeks of a trial, heard all the evidence proffered by the State and deliberated on it for days have reached a verdict on that basis, rather than on the basis of what the populist papers and tv news soundbites tell them.

I'm afraid this country's 'rule of law' is a sad joke, and this has only been further evidenced by the outcome to this trail. Seems all too easy for those convicted of severe white collar crime to slime away via one avenue or another. Surely if this trial took place in somewhere like the States, under US law, these three absolute chancers would be looking at some serious jail time.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Seanie Fitz doesn't pay some minor fine or other - he should be hunted down like a dog then. Stern Smile
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm afraid this country's 'rule of law' is a sad joke, and this has only been further evidenced by the outcome to this trail. Seems all too easy for those convicted of severe white collar crime to slime away via one avenue or another. Surely if this trial took place in somewhere like the States, under US law, these three absolute chancers would be looking at some serious jail time.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Seanie Fitz doesn't pay some minor fine or other - he should be hunted down like a dog then. Stern Smile

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/se%C3%A1n-fitzpatrick-acquittal-defence-rested-on-his-hands-off-role-at-anglo-1.1764390

Seanie wasn't guilty here: Drumm was the main man. Seanie was a non-executive Chairman, not involved in the day to day running of the business. More to the point, this trial isn't over. The jury are still deliberating in respect of the other two lads. In respect of your bit in bold, two questions: 1) did you sit through the twelve weeks of evidence along with the jury; 2) do you not have faith in trial by a jury of your peers? If the answer to the first one is no, then what are you basing your lack of faith in the verdict on, and if the answer to the second one is no, then why not, where the jury have sat through all the evidence first hand and you haven't? It's very, very easy to criticise the jury system but it's very very hard to prove, from a distance, that the decision was wrong.

Seanie hasn't been convicted on anything, at least in respect of the Maple 10 and Quinn loans, after a trial by a jury of his peers. The fact is that the loans to Irish Nationwide issue is still outstanding.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:23am
1) I was not. 2) I have exceptionally little faith in our legal and indeed political system, more so than the jury that arrived at this verdict.

As you say the issue with the loans to IN is still in the pipeline, but I think it's safe to say that I, and I would imagine many others, are not expecting a different result. This trial has received global coverage and yet again we have made ourselves into an absolute laughing stock. As another poster has pointed out also once again it'll be left to Mr. Taxpayer to foot the bill for this show trial. Between all this garbage and the incumbent government's current policies it's amazing there aren't even more people emigrating imo.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

1) I was not. 2) I have exceptionally little faith in our legal and indeed political system, more so than the jury that arrived at this verdict.

As you say the issue with the loans to IN is still in the pipeline, but I think it's safe to say that I, and I would imagine many others, are not expecting a different result. This trial has received global coverage and yet again we have made ourselves into an absolute laughing stock. As another poster has pointed out also once again it'll be left to Mr. Taxpayer to foot the bill for this show trial. Between all this garbage and the incumbent government's current policies it's amazing there aren't even more people emigrating imo.

If it was a show trial in the traditional sense, Seanie wouldn't have got a fair hearing and would have been summarily convicted. As it was, he received a fair trial and was acquitted by a jury of his peers. I have no difficulty with the result.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:31pm
I thought the judge directed an acquittal rather than the jury deliberating on the evidence and finding him not guilty.

To be fair I haven't really been followingit just picking up bits here and there
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

So it's not bad enough that we have to stump up €35 odd billion but now we are left with another bill fur a botched investigation and probable legal costs. What a joke

what Have labour got to do with it? Wasn't on this watch and they were the only party who voted against the guarantee.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:54pm
Whelan and McAteer guilty on charges of providing unlawful loans to the maple 10, not guilty on chaeges of providing unlawful loans to the Quinns.

Sentencing on the 28th.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Whelan and McAteer guilty on charges of providing unlawful loans to the maple 10, not guilty on chaeges of providing unlawful loans to the Quinns.

Sentencing on the 28th.

What sort of sentence are they looking at?

No doubt a suspended one
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:48pm

The Government and the Judiciary are completely seperate.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 5:08pm
[e.

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 17 Apr 2014 at 5:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

The Government and the Judiciary are completely seperate.

That's the theory anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic