You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Reid not throwing in the towel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy Reid not throwing in the towel
    Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:43am
See its in the press that Reidy will not be packing in international footy despite the dodgey treatment from Trap. Fair play to Andy.
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Sponsored Links

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:50am
God man, Andy!
There are friendlier places to drink.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gouldinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:51am
Well done for not throwing a tantrum Confused
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by gouldinho gouldinho wrote:

Well done for not throwing a tantrum Confused

easily done Gouldinho!....good man Andy, keep pluggin awayClap
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:23am
He's sure to be in the squad for the finals in South Africa....it might be the South African squad but its good to see that he still wants to play for Ireland despite a conflict of interests with Trappa. Godd man!
There are friendlier places to drink.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:31am
well done andy son, I drink to you
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 1:01pm
If only everyone had that desire to play for their country!        
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 1:04pm
Good man andy...would like to see him in the squad for better options being made available..
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 1:44pm

Good man Andy keep playing well for your club and we will see you in the Ireland set up again I hope, we need players with that attitude and your ability.Clap

Edited by Tash Kent - 16 Feb 2009 at 3:33am
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Colmcc View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colmcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 1:59pm
I think he deserves to be in the squad without question, Reid can give the side alot of options
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Colmcc Colmcc wrote:

I think he deserves to be in the squad without question, Reid can give the side alot of options

I think it can be said that Wednesday's game against the Georgians was perfect for Andy Reid. Struggled to find that killer pass against a mediocre team. Shame really but he is young enough and will definitely be back. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Colmcc Colmcc wrote:

spot on comment
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 2:56pm
Clap for not retiring from international football?Confused
Theres only one sport that matters..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Clap for not retiring from international football?Confused

Z he could very easily come out and give out sh1te and throw a strop but he seems a good bloke. Keeping his head down and getting on with it. I think he would have the right to be fuming over his exclusion.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 3:10pm
I think he is doing the right thing by keeping his head down and doing his best for Sunderland,that is the only way he will get back into the squad,shouting his mouth off would be the final nail in his coffin..i just dont think anybody deserves credit for not retiring from international football,it is the greatest honour a player could ever get.
Theres only one sport that matters..
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

I think he is doing the right thing by keeping his head down and doing his best for Sunderland,that is the only way he will get back into the squad,shouting his mouth off would be the final nail in his coffin..i just dont think anybody deserves credit for not retiring from international football,it is the greatest honour a player could ever get.

I wouldnt say there was a press conference called by andy reid in fairness boy z, i reckon he was asked the question and he said no not anytime soon and thats that!Clap
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 2:22am
if he plays well for sunderland then he will get called up again , put the head down andy  
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 3:24am
im not so sure roger, personally i cant see him figuring at all inder trap...if miller and eddie nolan are getting in ahead of him, the future doesnt look good..
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic