Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Reid - I wont beg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 11:30am
But come on Bunter, how can Andy be considered inferior to Liam Miller or Andy Keogh or even Whelan and Andrews who've been in the Irish team?  I know who I'd choose in terms of ability, being able to get on the ball, being able to deliver a decent set piece more often than not, pick out a decent through pass and have the ability to score the odd goal.  I understand and agree that we've done well with Andrews/Whelan/S. Reid but Andy's absence from the panel is plain wrong and unfair.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:57pm
i agree he's more ability and skill than a lot of players in the squad. I also think Robbie keane would benefit immensely from having him in the team as he is one of probably 2 or 3 players that we have capable of spotting robbies runs and dropping a pass into him. With that said, he's a luxury player in traps system. Steven Ireland is a better player who is capable of lasting the full pace for 90 mins, can score, can pass can play on the right or in the middle and if Trap is gonna make a concession in the run in, I would prefer it be for the bald headed bit*h that no-one seems to know if he wants to play for us or not. You could pick any one player from the starting team and i could argue as many reasons as to why they should be in there ahead of Reid. (and I dotn care about the panel, as he has to name 22 when realistically 13 max will actually play in a game) . sorry to bring up the SI man, but its a results business. in competitive games under trappa he has us right where we all wanted to be. Trap might not have done it the way we all dreamed, but fcuk it, we're there . If Andy Reid has so much desire etc, why cant he control his weight as well as he controls the ball? - If he is that good, why has not made the impact at spurs, or sunderland in the last 4 years? - , and he has had plenty of chances. He seems a real nice lad, capable of a bit of magic now and then, but as with Brady (and o'leary)  under Jack, the best players dont make the best team. If Andy reid is the yardstick that Trap sent a message to the players early on that he wont put up with any pi$$ ups and stupid shenanigans, then i'm ok with that. 
nedge View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:13am
Originally posted by filthymcnasty filthymcnasty wrote:

If Andy Reid turned mysteriously turned into Christiano Ronaldo overnight, Trap still wouldn't pick him.  By all accounts, all the man did was knock out a few tunes on the geetar and Trap wasn't impressed.  I bet it was f**king Wonderwall....

All he did he bang out a few tunes on the guiter!!!???

For f@*k sake, he completely undermined the manager and threw a strop!!! The lads were drinking their arses off well past the agreed curfew four days before a qualifying match and Andy says to Trap he's going to carry on boozing and his guitar playing. Most likely because he wasn't going to be in the team against Montenegro. I've made this point before, but Andy completely presumed he'd be first on the team list with Steven Reid for centre midfield, even saying something along the lines of "Steven can do the running and I'll do the passing". He then didn't turn up for the training camp in Portugal for dubious reasons and subsequently thought he should be in the team for the qualifiers!!! FFS!!!!

Have we learned nothing about preparation and professionalism in the last 6 years??? Are still going carry on as the jolly, feckin' eggit Irish? I, for one, detest the disrespect sometimes shown by the players to Irish fans who are willing travel and support their team across the world, and then are rewarded with a pi*s poor level of professionalism. No problems if there's no important matches coming up, even friendlies, fair enough. But a World Cup qualifying match!!!? Ridiculous behaviour. And just because 'the others were doing it too' doesn't make it ok. It seems Andy Reid was the ring leader and was out to make a statement that he was unhappy in the camp. Grand, you're not happy, you're not coming back.

Billy Bunter hit the nail on the head - "If Andy reid is the yardstick that Trap sent a message to the players early on that he wont put up with any pi$$ ups and stupid shenanigans, then i'm ok with that." I'm totally in agreement with that sentiment.

All these calls among fans for his inclusion and the fact remains that he hasn't been a success at either Spurs or Sunderland and only this season he's bothered to lose that extra weight. About fu*king time...

Having said all that I'm all for second chances and he hasn't criticised the manager a al Joey O'Brien, which is good. Andy's seemingly got his head down at last so should probably be considered at some stage IF he continues to improve and makes the Sunderland team. Scoring two well taken goals against Norwich for the second string ain't enough in my book yet though.

Also, don't forget that he isn't really a player that fits into Trap's thinking. And before anyone criticises our manager remember this is the system that has got us into a fantastic position to qualify for our first Finals for 8 years. Ireland regularly go through long periods without possession - irrespective of the opposition. Reid simply isn't the player for this kind of situation.

Oh and before anyone mentions Liam Miller, well Jesus I can't explain that one, that's madness. He shouldn't be in the Squad. But as for Andy Reid, he can work at it a while longer as far as I'm concerned and we can see what happens then.

“Hopefully, when we get to Croke Park, we’ll bamboozle the opposition"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:17am
Originally posted by nedge nedge wrote:

If Andy Reid turned mysteriously turned into Christiano Ronaldo overnight, Trap still wouldn't pick him.  By all accounts, all the man did was knock out a few tunes on the geetar and Trap wasn't impressed.  I bet it was f**king Wonderwall....

For f@*k sake, he completely undermined the manager and threw a strop!!! The lads were drinking their arses off well past the agreed curfew four days before a qualifying match and Andy says to Trap he's going to carry on boozing and his guitar playing. Most likely because he wasn't going to be in the team against Montenegro. I've made this point before, but Andy completely presumed he'd be first on the team list with Steven Reid for centre midfield, even saying something along the lines of "Steven can do the running and I'll do the passing". He then didn't turn up for the training camp in Portugal for dubious reasons and subsequently thought he should be in the team for the qualifiers!!! FFS!!!!

Have we learned nothing about preparation and professionalism in the last 6 years??? Are still going carry on as the jolly, feckin' eggit Irish? I, for one, detest the disrespect sometimes shown by the players to Irish fans who are willing travel and support their team across the world, and then are rewarded with a pi*s poor level of professionalism. No problems if there's no important matches coming up, even friendlies, fair enough. But a World Cup qualifying match!!!? Ridiculous behaviour. And just because 'the others were doing it too' doesn't make it ok. It seems Andy Reid was the ring leader and was out to make a statement that he was unhappy in the camp. Grand, you're not happy, you're not coming back.

Billy Bunter hit the nail on the head - "If Andy reid is the yardstick that Trap sent a message to the players early on that he wont put up with any pi$$ ups and stupid shenanigans, then i'm ok with that." I'm totally in agreement with that sentiment.

All these calls among fans for his inclusion and the fact remains that he hasn't been a success at either Spurs or Sunderland and only this season he's bothered to lose that extra weight. About fu*king time...

Having said all that I'm all for second chances and he hasn't criticised the manager a al Joey O'Brien, which is good. Andy's seemingly got his head down at last so should probably be considered at some stage IF he continues to improve and makes the Sunderland team. Scoring two well taken goals against Norwich for the second string ain't enough in my book yet though.

Also, don't forget that he isn't really a player that fits into Trap's thinking. And before anyone criticises our manager remember this is the system that has got us into a fantastic position to qualify for our first Finals for 8 years. Ireland regularly go through long periods without possession - irrespective of the opposition. Reid simply isn't the player for this kind of situation.

Oh and before anyone mentions Liam Miller, well Jesus I can't explain that one, that's madness. He shouldn't be in the Squad. But as for Andy Reid, he can work at it a while longer as far as I'm concerned and we can see what happens then.

ClapClapClap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
filthymcnasty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filthymcnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:29am
Originally posted by nedge nedge wrote:

It was all Don Givens' fault.
Going Green on November 14!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:43am
He hasn't made the grade at Spurs or Sunderland, ok. but when has he ever let Ireland down when playing. Has often been man of the match and a real one not a fake one like Whelan has got once or twice in the campaign. him and Keane link up so well too. Ok the whole I'll do the passing he'll do the running was a little short sighted by him. But if we are going on talent then I could have him in the starting line up with a defensive midfielder. I actually think Andy Reid and Steven Reid would have worked beautifully
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:45am
How about playing reid on the left wing and duffer on the right? McGeady hasnt had one good game for us
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

How about playing reid on the left wing and duffer on the right? McGeady hasnt had one good game for us

Georgia at home? McGeady basically saved us. would no way change him and either will Trap thank god
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 12:06pm
Reidy on the scoresheet and played a stormer today apparently, keep it up Andy and hopefully you'll give Trap no choice but to recall you Thumbs%20Up
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Reidy on the scoresheet and played a stormer today apparently, keep it up Andy and hopefully you'll give Trap no choice but to recall you Thumbs%20Up

Quality finish from Reidy today and he had a very good match. ClapClapClap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 3:07pm

Smashing finish today, he's really putting it up to Trap now! Deserves to be getting a look!

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 3:07pm
Lads on sports centre saying he played very well. Nice to see im getting a run. Ill catch it on MOTD.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Mafi Mushkila Mafi Mushkila wrote:

Smashing finish today, he's really putting it up to Trap now! Deserves to be getting a look!

Reminded me of a late winner v WHU @ the SOL a couple of seasons ago.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 3:46pm

was he playing at left mid?? I think he finally has the legs for it...I really do..International football I think is the hardest level to play at but I do think that he now certainly has the legs for it....Keep up the good work andy.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 4:18pm
Yep, on the wing!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 6:33pm
he did play well. Drifted in an out of the game a bit, but great finish for the goal, and overall showed some real skill. At one stage he took the pi$$ and dribbled around hunty twice to great applause from the SOL..... he did get into it with both mcshane and hunt on a few occassions (seemed to be some real needle there)..... credit to him today though, he was good. 
ard eion View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard eion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 2:12am
Defo deserves a place in the squad
Belfast City, Ireland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 2:17am
Originally posted by ard eion ard eion wrote:

Defo deserves a place in the squad

He certainly does but I can't see the Trap going back on his decision the guys too stubborn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic