You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Reid - I wont beg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discopants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Here it is.

"we have Lawrence and Keogh for the left"??? Eh Trap, Keogh is a striker who can JUST do an adequate job on the right wing..Remember Bari? and Trap eh Lawrence is a right winger and very much right footed Confused

Am getting fairly p!ssed off about this, who is he trying to kid exactly? Neither Lawrence or Keogh are left wingers, why does he have to spout this drivel, does he think Irish supporters are all thick or even worse does he actually consider Andy Keogh as a better left winger then Andy Reid? I can understand if he said "we already have Hunt and McGeady for the left" but not this. It's just baffling.
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:32pm
Drafted in Martin Rowlands of QPR to fill in for Duffer . Croker will look like this with ten minutes to go against Italy

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Edited by BabbsBalls - 06 Oct 2009 at 3:36pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:32pm
LOL
Brilliant Babbs.

Can you make that 80k and into one post?

Edited by McGoldrick - 06 Oct 2009 at 3:33pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Rolz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:33pm
Rowlands was ment to replace STEPHEN Reid.
PLEASE BEG ANDY!
FRANCE 0
MEXICO 2
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

LOL
Brilliant Babbs.

Can you make that 80k and into one post?

Now now . Im not the ceann comhairle
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 4:53pm
trap doesnt half talk a load of cock at times

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 3:35am

Love the way that even though everyone bar Trap thinks Andy deserves a recall, he still doesn’t have a sly dig at Trap or the set up in general in the press. Please get this fella back. If he’s made a stupid mistake in the past, he has well served his punishment by now FFS. We all say stupid things when we’re drunk Trap; we’re Irish Thumbs%20Up

Reid still desperate to play for Ireland

listen Wednesday, 7 October 2009 20:16

Watch the Republic of Ireland v Italy live on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (RoI). Listen live on RTÉ Radio 1 and RTÉ.ie (WW).

Sunderland midfielder Andy Reid has not given up on his dream of playing for the Republic of Ireland once again.

The 27-year-old Dubliner has fallen out of favour with national boss Giovanni Trapattoni, much to the astonishment of many of his compatriots.

Trapattoni last night insisted once again he has not discarded Reid, with whom he had a difference of opinion in Germany in September last year, for good.

However, having called QPR's Martin Rowlands into his squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Montenegro in the next week in the absence of the injured Steven Reid, Darron Gibson and Damien Duff, the message remains clear he continues to be surplus to requirements for now, at least.

Reid, who is in fine form for his club, is philosophical about his exile, but is determined to force his way back into the Italian's plans.

He told the Journal: 'I have no control over being selected for Ireland - the only thing I can control is to perform for Sunderland.

'That is the only response open to me. I can't sit in my house and worry about not getting into the Ireland squad. I don't pick the Ireland squad.

'I'm just concentrating on giving everything for Sunderland and hopefully the Ireland manager will notice my performances. As far as I am concerned, my Ireland career isn't over.

'I love playing for Ireland and if the opportunity came to play, I would be delighted.'

Rolz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 1:23pm
What does Trap exactly mean when he says that Andy Reid is still "in his thoughts"?

Like c'mon, seriously?
FRANCE 0
MEXICO 2
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 2:22pm
I don't see what else Reidy can do to get into the squad.

The Trap is one stuborn fecker.

Edited by Double Maxim - 08 Oct 2009 at 2:22pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:17pm
Finished the game as captain and crossed for Bents goal.

Poor Andy Cry
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:27pm
I wonder if any of the lads in the squad are looking at this situation and just think its the most bizarre thing ever, its fooked up in fairness, oh well just have to accept that as long as Trap is the gaffer it wont happen end of. Cry
Rolz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:28pm

PLEASE BEG!

FRANCE 0
MEXICO 2
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:11am
If he apologises, I'm sure then trp would consider it. Otherwise forget it I reckon. Trap is too old to change his ways now
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:18am
Reid knows what he needs to do , end of story ..............
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Reid knows what he needs to do , end of story ..............

Spot on Claret
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:25am
staying up late and belting out a few tunes, breach of curfew fair enough, outa the squad for a while, bold boy. But to end an international career over it......just a bit of a over reaction by trap dont ya think
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:26am
Not at all. Manager shall not be undermined, especially not one like Trap. Been there and done it ll, he's the boss and that's it.
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 6:29am
Trap is not going to bring Reid back now with the Play off games looming. He already has his team picked for that. Why else would he be watching Spurs & Stoke yesterday. Keane and Whelan are already established memebers. But if, sorry when we qualify he has to name a provisional 40 man squad for the World cup. He said himself that Reid will be in this. This is Andys chance then. Make sure he's fit and gives Trap no reason to exclude him again.
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic