You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Lyons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy Lyons
    Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 4:30pm
Surprised he hasn't already got a thread here given his potential, but confirmed he's off to Blackpool. Rovers will keep him until the end of the season which is a massive plus. Hope they got €500k plus for him 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 5:01pm
Hopefully it works out for the lad. Rovers turned down a bid earlier in the summer from them too. Having a great season playing WB for Rovers and scored again at the weekend with Ferizaj getting a lovely assist for the goal. Has eight goals and six assists this season for Rovers.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Hopefully it works out for the lad. Rovers turned down a bid earlier in the summer from them too. Having a great season playing WB for Rovers and scored again at the weekend with Ferizaj getting a lovely assist for the goal. Has eight goals and six assists this season for Rovers.

Aye he's been class. According to Dan McDonell on twitter, it seems like Rovers have gotten about £300k plus add ons
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:34pm
€300k/£250k. No bad considering he hasn't been with them for that long. But maybe a bit ambitious going straight to the Championship, I'd have probably preferred to see him go to League 1 and build from there. Could turn into another Danny Grant situation for him in the Championship. That said, Blackpool don't seem to be up to much this season, but then neither do Huddersfield and it doesn't seem to be helping Grant.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 8:28pm
It's a shocking low figure if you ask me.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah 
It won't change till most LOI player moves to that level stop failing like 

Maguire 
Towel
Horgan 
Boyle
Clarke
Burke
O'Connor 
O'Connor 
Cotter
Ogbene  ( first time )
Grant 
Browne 

All have failed to impact in that division 

O'Connor from Cork was similar profile, similar achievements & sank without trace 

So what's shocking   ?  Exactly  ? 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah 
It won't change till most LOI player moves to that level stop failing like 

Maguire 
Towel
Horgan 
Boyle
Clarke
Burke
O'Connor 
O'Connor 
Cotter
Ogbene  ( first time )
Grant 
Browne 

All have failed to impact in that division 

O'Connor from Cork was similar profile, similar achievements & sank without trace 

So what's shocking   ?  Exactly  ? 

Maguire has played Championship football for 5 years.

Towell did grand for Rotherham before taking the money to drop to League 2.

Horgan has played a couple of seasons at the level and did grand.

Cotter went as a 19 year old into academy football having played about 10 games for Limerick, his situation is no different to any other academy player who doesn't make the breakthrough.

Ogbene has been excellent, trying to paint him as a failure is simply laughable.

Grant has barely got started at Huddersfield, he's been injured/ill for most of his time there. There's jumping the gun and then there's what you're trying to do.

Browne? Alan Browne? You're trying to claim Alan Browne hasn't proved a Championship level player?? LOL
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:36pm
I think he means John Brown of Blackburn, on loan to Stockport ?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:54pm
That fu ck in g muppet doesn't even know who's who of his reply 

Yes, the one drummed straight out of Blackburn 

O'Shea, which of all those players would those clubs buy again  ?
None, not one. Simply put.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:56pm
O'Shea 

Did Ogbene impact at Brentford on arrival there or has he got a couple of goals half a decade later at a different club  ?   Would Brentford buy him again  ?  No

You dumb fu ck.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:13pm

You can't even spell the name of a player you are claiming has been a failure. Clown is literally the only word that can be used.
We're decent enough..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:41am
Going from full back to wing has been the making of him. No English club would go near him 7 months ago and now he’s earned this. Great turnaround for him. 
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:55am

O'Shea 

Did Ogbene impact at Brentford on arrival there or has he got a couple of goals half a decade later at a different club  ?   Would Brentford buy him again  ?  No

You dumb fu ck.

easy tiger
Here we go again, we're on the road again
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:53am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You can't even spell the name of a player you are claiming has been a failure. Clown is literally the only word that can be used.

Is that all you have you little girl  ? 

Any chance you'd address the overall point that all the players I listed failed / are currently failing at the level & none of those clubs would buy them again ?  Not a hope you could but I'll give you a chance to end this turkey shoot of an exchange.  

You wouldn't even have been able to provide the list of them I'd say to be honest. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 5:54am

Yet you didn't cop that it's James Brown and not John Brown?

Good move for Lyons, his attacking game has come on a lot within the last year and he's added consistency to his game which wasn't there before, probably own to being in an inconsistent Bohs side.

It''ll be interesting to see how he progresses at a higher standard.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 6:32am

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Is that all you have you little girl  ? 

Any chance you'd address the overall point that all the players I listed failed / are currently failing at the level & none of those clubs would buy them again ?  Not a hope you could but I'll give you a chance to end this turkey shoot of an exchange.  

You wouldn't even have been able to provide the list of them I'd say to be honest. 

O'Shea 

You dumb fu ck.
A fine little collection of cutting personal abuse here and simply no need for it. Its telling that it was reported by other posters and not the lad you actually abused who refused to stoop or be drawnClap

Have a rest for a few days Thumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 30 Aug 2022 at 6:33am
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:15am
does taking the magic airplane to england now put him in contention to make the squad for the national team?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Seems a fair enough price to me tbh (I would assume there's add ons/sell on clause). There are a few LOI lads who have moved over recently and arent exactly pulling up trees YET e.g. Tierney at Motherwell. Tbf it can take time to adapt to an entirely new environment, so lads would be better judged after 18 months e.g. Scales seems to be flying it now at Aberdeen. Grant has just been unlucky at Huddersfield, but his chance may come soon.

There's a few gone over this summer, some of the best youngsters in the League - if they do well, that will most likely have a knock on effect on prices LOI clubs can look for e.g. Mandroiu, Devoy, Burns and now Lyons. Hopefully they can establish themselves quickly.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic