You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The hassle you lads have with your boxs, sounds way too headwrecking.

Using that Terriuim Ap Rossie, very reliable ClapThumbs Up

Its a great job Clap
thegeezer View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:21pm
MoreTV was excellent until a couple months ago, now gets two type of freezes regularly, the first now makes unusable. When it goes to ads, the video freezes but audio continues. This should be easy to fix.
The other freeze is where it just stops, freezes, and to "fix" it, you just go up/down a channel, BUT it then goes back to the point where it froze, so you get the same 2-3 minutes again.
If the support was any use, they would take this on and try to fix it, but I cannot get past the first guy who just says "I referred it and they said they have never seen this", or "clear the cache", or "try another channel" - great advice (and yes I have cleared cache and makes fa difference). 
I bought a brand new top of the range MINIX box, and also a new TOSHIBA smartTV, so it is not a hardware issue, worked much better until last couple months, when there have been several upgrades - one of which looks like it has broken the service.

So there you go, you pays your money...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:37pm
I've had the freeze issue Geezer the very odd time, but change channel and go back and that works for me.

Only have Moretv 2 months, but it's brilliant hope these glitches aren't a sign of what's to come Unhappy
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:48pm
Paid €40 for 12 months sub to iptv but the other day it stopped working, was using perfect player app, I contacted the lad and he said I'd have to download smart iptv app and he'd get it up and running. So I found how to get smart iptv but it says my system isn't compatible, is this because I'm using kit Kat (4:4). Will I need a new box with 6:0 or what. Any help appreciated
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
see can the box use STB Emulator.

Thats supposed to be the best of those apps.

If the problem is with 4.4 you could update kodi or use SPMC/FTMC see will those options work before buying a new box.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

If the problem is with 4.4 you could update kodi or use SPMC/FTMC see will those options work before buying a new box.

My mobdro is working fine, none the ones you said worked. Stb emulator said my device isn't compatible

Edited by greenlad - 19 Dec 2017 at 8:03pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

My mobdro is working fine, none the ones you said worked. Stb emulator said my device isn't compatible

What box are you using ?
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:00am
since the dodgy sky boxes disappeared, iv tried a number of iptv, all eventually gave problems, under duress i called sky, 18 months @ 31 euro a month for sports basically, i took it!!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

since the dodgy sky boxes disappeared, iv tried a number of iptv, all eventually gave problems, under duress i called sky, 18 months @ 31 euro a month for sports basically, i took it!!

All depends on who you get the iptv off.

Got the mag box with iptv in August and have very little problems with it. It can go down for a day every so often for maintenance but apart from that has been top notch. Loving the bein stations for the football. Also has very good vod.

Tbh I even prefer it to the card sharing dodgy box!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 8:41am

What box are you using ?
MXQ
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:16am

What box are you using ?
MXQ

Stick up a link to that box you have,there seems to be a few different versions.

I would try to update the firmware first(forgot to mention that yesterday) and then see about updating the rest.

It could be a case the box is outdated now and wont get updates etc.You may have no choice but to get a new box .I would try fireware first .
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:27pm

What box are you using ?
MXQ

Stick up a link to that box you have,there seems to be a few different versions.

I would try to update the firmware first(forgot to mention that yesterday) and then see about updating the rest.

It could be a case the box is outdated now and wont get updates etc.You may have no choice but to get a new box .I would try fireware first .
How do i update the FIRMWARE. when i try to download the SMART IPTV it says its not compatible with "rockchip".
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:28pm

What box are you using ?
MXQ

How do i update the FIRMWARE. when i try to download the SMART IPTV it says its not compatible with "rockchip".
its MXQ 4k
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:38pm

What box are you using ?
MXQ

its MXQ 4k
I have never updated firmware on MXQ box did it on 2 Minix boxs and it was straightforward enough.Had to connect box to PC and update it that way.Minix would have a well established forum so all my queries were sorted there.I doubt MXQ have anything similar but try searching on youtube/google for a fix.

Edit: Put "mxq 4k firmware update 2017" into google and seems to be plenty of info there.Find out which exact rockchip is in the box before doing any updates.Will say what it is in the settings on the box.

If you can get the firmware updated that should sort out the issues,if not its a new box.

Mi Box is about €60 at the moment but Id expect it to be on special for 40-45 in new year.Good box and runs Android TV not the hacked android phone/tablet version thats on many boxs.

Edited by rossieman - 20 Dec 2017 at 2:42pm
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:41pm

What box are you using ?
MXQ

its MXQ 4k
I have never updated firmware on MXQ box did it on 2 Minix boxs and it was straightforward enough.Had to connect box to PC and update it that way.Minix would have a well established forum so all my queries were sorted there.I doubt MXQ have anything similar but try searching on youtube/google for a fix.

cheers rossie, ill hang on and see what santa brings.Thumbs Up
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:49pm
Rossieman, you've saved loads of people so much hassle on here. YBIG has Superdave for the travel, BigStrongMan for the Moderating and you for the android boxs

Clap Clap Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 3:08pm
@Rossieman

Whats the best box to get?

I've been using the IPTV smart app on my Android TV and using flawless but its been buffering a lot recently.

I'll install the flawless app this weekend and see if thats any better.

But keen to try out one of these boxes. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

@Rossieman

Whats the best box to get?

I've been using the IPTV smart app on my Android TV and using flawless but its been buffering a lot recently.

I'll install the flawless app this weekend and see if thats any better.

But keen to try out one of these boxes. 

Nvidia Shield is by far the best box but are a fair bit more expensive than most.£160 from amazon at the moment and Id say thats as cheap as they have been.

Shield has full Android TV and Netflix license unlike majority of these boxes.

Minix Boxs are top notch as well,I have had a few and they have great support/auto updates etc.

Mi Box is another good option and is about half the price of the shield.I saw somewhere online recently that they are expected to drop in price in New Year.One flaw they have is no Ethernet connection but you can buy an adopter for about a tenner.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
  Share Topic