You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:23am
If you have the usual addons installed in Kodi and just uninstall and reinstall Kodi the addons may still show up without having to re add them.
There is a procedure to reset Kodi to bare bones which you can Google and do. Then uninstall/reinstal Kodi and and then reinstall the addons from scratch. I had to do that before to get it working again.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:22pm
My mobdro is gone all glitchy, was grand til Sunday when I got a mobdro update pop up, so I installed the update and it's gone to crap now, my box is 4:4 android.will I need to buy a new box or is there something else I can do?
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:15pm
Lads, is it possible to cast your phone onto a tv via an android box?

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

If it's an android phone podge you should be able to download the chrome cast app in the google playstore and do it on your phone, you should be able to cast it then.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:22pm

Buy a fishing rod and you can cast it wherever the f**k you want
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Buy a fishing rod and you can cast it wherever the f**k you want

Edited by BigPodge - 25 Apr 2017 at 5:32pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

If it's an android phone podge you should be able to download the chrome cast app in the google playstore and do it on your phone, you should be able to cast it then.

Tis an android phone alright.

I know the phone can cast as it's an option on the pull down menu, just not sure if it will work with an android box.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:55pm

I know the phone can cast as it's an option on the pull down menu, just not sure if it will work with an android box.

Download the chrome cast app on your box, it should work
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Was running xbmc version 13. Uninstalled the app and tried to
Download kodi. When I went to install it I was given an error message saying something about parse error?

I'm not sure if kodi is downloading fully. Any tips?

Bump any ideas
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:11am

Download the chrome cast app on your box, it should work

Miracast will do the job
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:46am
Anyone use IP-TV ?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Anyone use IP-TV ?

Set it up on my satellite box but didn't think it was much use.much prefer kodi.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm
Android boxes and satellite boxes seem to be coming to an end, got a good run out of my own box so can't really complain.

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Anyone use IP-TV ?

Set it up on my satellite box but didn't think it was much use.much prefer kodi.

It seems sky are fighting back & someone suggested this IPTV .
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Android boxes and satellite boxes seem to be coming to an end, got a good run out of my own box so can't really complain.

I dont think they will ever be able to kill off android box's ,definitely not in the foreseeable future.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:17pm

I dont think they will ever be able to kill off android box's ,definitely not in the foreseeable future.

All the different addons constantly seem to be shut down so I dunno. Seems a massive clamp down on all of these is happening.

Apparently virgin is the way to go but for how long that lasts is anyone's guess.

I'll get you to set mine up
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:34pm

All the different addons constantly seem to be shut down so I dunno. Seems a massive clamp down on all of these is happening.

Apparently virgin is the way to go but for how long that lasts is anyone's guess.

I'll get you to set mine up

I have been using Exodus for film/tv shows for around a year without any problems.Some decent live tv addons as well that don't seem to be ever affected.Phoneix always seems good but I don't use it a huge amount.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:03pm
Yep the crowd I have my Sub with have put up a statement yesterday about the card-sharing potentially coming to an end all the Sky Sports channels gone and Box office along with a few others. I've had mine since June 2013 so I can't complain. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
  Share Topic