You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Aye,  have an android phone 

Anyone with a android phone or tablet should check out this.sets up xbmc and is the easiest way I have seen.
http://koditime.com/

It takes about 5 minutes to set up and will give you a huge library of TV/films and streams.

An android TV box is the same thing really.

I've downloaded that to my Nexus.what next, do I need any other hatrdwatre.

Edited by houghton88 - 14 Sep 2014 at 10:04pm
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:06pm
No xbmc detected it says. Is it not just an app like mobdro
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

No xbmc detected it says. Is it not just an app like mobdro

download XBMC if you dont have it  but it should give you that prompt.Much better than mobdro.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:07pm
Bump for IM
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:15pm

That site must be down because it just says error.

I just have Showbox and Mobdro on my phone and a £2 HDMI lead off of ebay. Hook my S4 up to my tv and away i go.
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

I just have Showbox and Mobdro on my phone and a £2 HDMI lead off of ebay. Hook my S4 up to my tv and away i go.
They have changed the name/site recently but still the same set up.I have it on the phone and android box and its excellent.

Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:31pm

Yea i tried that and it gave me 4 boxes up in XBMC. Would that interface be developed more for the phones or the set top boxes they make? The interface itself was laggy on my S4 and i didnt know where to start looking for streams. There was Mash Up and stuff but is it better than Shwobox/Mobdro? I couldnt find Sky Sports or TV Episodes

Edited by Peter - 20 Oct 2014 at 4:31pm
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 4:42pm

They have changed the name/site recently but still the same set up.I have it on the phone and android box and its excellent.

What's the android box you got Rossie? 

I assume I'll have to download xbmc for the PC and control it via that.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 6:01pm

Yea i tried that and it gave me 4 boxes up in XBMC. Would that interface be developed more for the phones or the set top boxes they make? The interface itself was laggy on my S4 and i didnt know where to start looking for streams. There was Mash Up and stuff but is it better than Shwobox/Mobdro? I couldnt find Sky Sports or TV Episodes

It works perfect on both my phone and box.I can post a screenshot at the moment but will later to show you my home screen.
my set up has all the sky channels and loads of foreign sports and tv stations.I think its much better than mobdro.
I think the others are similar to showbox but you can put showbox/popcorn time etc onto it anyway.I dont use mine for anything bar sports so havent looked at tv/movies too often on it but they seem perfect.

Edited by rossieman - 20 Oct 2014 at 6:06pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What's the android box you got Rossie? 

I assume I'll have to download xbmc for the PC and control it via that.
I bought a Minix Neo X8-H.
XBMC will come preloaded on it and then you can add the different apps/programs that you want.You dont need a PC for this,it will be plugged into your router and TV and is all controlled via the remote.
some places also sell these boxes preloaded with all the different programs which is handy if you dont want the hassle of installation but its pretty straighforward . 
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 5:16pm
One of my buddies is looking to buy the android box that I have, but the guy that sold it to me for 80 notes has gone underground.

He's been looking at a '4Life' smartstick in Currys.
Anybody tried this? Any use?
Got mixed reviews on boards.ie, but reviews a little dated too.

Any other suggestions around the ton mark?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 1:33am
You could get an M8 box for around €70 - €80 and it looks to be very good for that price.Plenty of sellers on amazon and the site gearbest have them for cheaper but they coming from China so might get caught to pay customs.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 7:39pm
Box arrived today. Xbmc uploaded to it already. Any other apps I should download? Also does anyone have any idea how to resize screen? Some of it is being cut off.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:42pm
Streaming is extremley slow. I'm using a wifi connection rather than an cable, however I never have that problem with netflix on the smart tv. Any ideas?
Zico View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:55pm
Change the wifi channel to 1 or 15.
Are you using AC, G or N or what?

How far away is the box from the wireless router.
Whose your ISP?
What are your speeds here? http://www.broadbandspeedtest.ie/
I want to eat your ....
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 9:33pm
http://www.grabone.ie/search?q=android+box&r=dublin

Highlights

• €105 for a M8 Android 4.4 KitKat Smart TV Box and wireless remote.
  • Access to millions of apps on the Google play store including Netflix and YouTube with access to 100's of TV channels and movies.
  • Delivery charge of €5.50 applies per unit ordered.

Description

It's January and you most likely spent the last few weeks eating tins of Roses, boxes of Pringles and drinking a lot! So you're going to want to spend the next few months sitting in with the telly feeling good about yourself.

Access thousands upon thousands of movies and TV shows with this handy box.

Features:

• Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
  • Thousands of movies, TV shows, live news, sports channels and more
  • Access to any app on the Google Play Store
  • Including Netflix, YouTube, Spotify and more.
  • Browse your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds
  • Memory: 2GB (with memory card slot for added storage)
  • Includes HDMI, 2 x USB 2.0 and SD card inputs
  • Stream content from your phone or tablet
  • All you need is an internet connection

In the box:

• Android TV box
  • HDMI cable
  • Remote control
  • User Manual
  • USB cable
  • Power adapter 
  • Wireless remote

eFindBest

Conditions

Limit: 4 for you and 2 gifts for others
Subject to availability. Provide full address when ordering. Delivery charge of €5.50 applies per unit ordered. Delivery within ROI only.
  Delivery Timeframe: 2 days

Edited by Neil Armstrong - 12 Jan 2015 at 9:37pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Zico Zico wrote:

Change the wifi channel to 1 or 15.
Are you using AC, G or N or what?

How far away is the box from the wireless router.
Whose your ISP?
What are your speeds here? http://www.broadbandspeedtest.ie/

The box is next to the router. The provider is Sky. Wouldn't have a clue about anything else.
What does ac g and n mean?
Zico View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:26am
AC, G or N are wireless bandwidth speeds.

All home broadband routers are set to auto and usually communicate on bands 5 to 10. You can set this at a different band that is not being used like 1 or 11. This will help avoid any interference.

Anyway, reading over your issue again I doubt it's an internal wireless issue. I'd check the android boards for similar issues.

I want to eat your ....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
  Share Topic