You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 34>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 9:45pm
Omobamidele and Idah will be in the championship next year. Probably a good thing for us.
It is possible all our young centre halves will be in the championship next year. Burnley are in trouble.
Duffy prob in his last year at Brighton. Coleman in trouble at Everton.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Omobamidele and Idah will be in the championship next year. Probably a good thing for us.
It is possible all our young centre halves will be in the championship next year. Burnley are in trouble.
Duffy prob in his last year at Brighton. Coleman in trouble at Everton.

O'Shea started the season off on fire for West Brom so the injury put paid to his season. If all 3 defenders were there next season I wouldn't be concerned. They will be 3 of the best young players at that level in their position, I do feel. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Has anyone got an update on Omobamidele. Is he even near a return etc. 

We could have two young Irish lads playing in a team in the PL every week that I reckon would be competitive for survival if Idah was still fit adding the dynamic he was . It just sums up our f**king luck at times. Very frustrating..

He probably wont be back this season, hes currently in a back brace. Injuries like his are very tricky and theres very little he can do other than to take his time and let it heal properly. By the media reports it sounds like he tried to get back too soon and made his injury worse and was back to square one in his recovery. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 1:24pm
That would make sense. Just hope he comes right in time for the start of next season. If Norwich can keep the bulk of that side together I'd suspect they will go straight back up again like Fulham have done. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

If when Norwich go down, when you look at omobamidele's potential and the progress he's made already, full first team international, premier league experience, (would have been more but for the injury) and all done as a 19 year old.... 

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility that another premier league club would be looking at him?

He already looks like a Rolls Royce of a defender and is only going to get better 

I can't see a PL team take a chance on a young player who still has to fully prove himself at top level, just back from injury, not fully fit and hasn't kicked a ball in a year. He'll be in the Championship. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:24pm

Signs an extension to his contract with Norwich, this cant be surprising as hes one of the most promising teenagers in England.

I can't find any information on when he'll be back from injury, I'd assume he's going to be back for preseason? 

I read he's been back running on the grass the last week or two so I'd imagine if he has no further setbacks he'll be good to go in preseason or there abouts anyway, might take him a bit longer to get up to speed having been out for so long.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:24pm

Signs an extension to his contract with Norwich, this cant be surprising as hes one of the most promising teenagers in England.

I can't find any information on when he'll be back from injury, I'd assume he's going to be back for preseason? 

Dean Smith said a few weeks ago that both Omobamidele & Idah are expected back in the 2nd week of pre-season, which I think is early/mid July.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:58pm
Finally back in action tonight.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 5:00pm
Squad numbers obviously mean a lot less than they used to but positive all the same to see Omobamidele and Idah get "promoted" to 4 and 11 this season.

Sounds like Omobamidele had a good game against Celtic today despite the defeat and will be an important player for them this season if he can stay fit.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 9:45pm
Omobamidele having a very solid game tonight. Doubly impressive given that he's playing alongside Grant Hanley. Definitely looks like he could be back playing at a higher level sooner rather than later, even if he has to leave Norwich to do it.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:19pm
Really good to hear, he's a lovely player to watch. It's a cliche but defending is an art form and he makes it look very easy.

Oshea is again playing some fantastic football, Collins looks a class act and Omobamidele is doing the business.

I seriously think these three players will be the foundation of the irish team. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Really good to hear, he's a lovely player to watch. It's a cliche but defending is an art form and he makes it look very easy.

Oshea is again playing some fantastic football, Collins looks a class act and Omobamidele is doing the business.

I seriously think these three players will be the foundation of the irish team. 

We are like a ghost estate during the recession.  All foundations but no f**king walls or roof

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Aug 2022 at 10:22pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:26pm
Scored to cancel out Hogan's opener tonight.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:05pm
Goalmobamidele, you might say 
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:09pm
Early doors green tinted glasses call - omobamidele will be playing premier league next season.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:11pm

Early doors green tinted glasses call - omobamidele will be playing premier league next season.

For Norwich
Then championship the year after 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:40pm

No glasses involved in that call. He's quality. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:52pm
Only turned 20 in June and signed a four year contract this summer. Will probably be Norwichs first choice for the next two seasons and get his big move in two years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 34>
  Share Topic