You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Moran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 10:40am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Linked with a loan move to Stoke, effectively as a replacement for Smallbone. I'm not sure Stoke is the best place for a lightweight, technical midfielder as we saw with Kilkenny, but you never know how these loans are going to work out I suppose. This time last year Smallbone and Kilkenny would have been seen as much of a muchness in terms of their potential, a year on following loan moves to Stoke one is a senior international, the other couldn't get a game in League 1 the last few months.

Recall saying about Delap last year of all the clubs in the Championship alone before you began to mention the clubs across Europe he could have gone to he ended up at Stoke. Id echo your sentiments a bit here. 

Look Smallbone ended up doing okay under Neil and Moran would be seen as his replacement in terms of where they play on the pitch so at least that.  

Edited by kevin100 - 26 May 2023 at 10:40am
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:02am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Linked with a loan move to Stoke, effectively as a replacement for Smallbone. I'm not sure Stoke is the best place for a lightweight, technical midfielder as we saw with Kilkenny, but you never know how these loans are going to work out I suppose. This time last year Smallbone and Kilkenny would have been seen as much of a muchness in terms of their potential, a year on following loan moves to Stoke one is a senior international, the other couldn't get a game in League 1 the last few months.

Recall saying about Delap last year of all the clubs in the Championship alone before you began to mention the clubs across Europe he could have gone to he ended up at Stoke. Id echo your sentiments a bit here. 

Look Smallbone ended up doing okay under Neil and Moran would be seen as his replacement in terms of where they play on the pitch so at least that.  

Stoke are a big club, Neil could get a tune out of them next season if they get their recruitment right. A move there for Moran with a defined ready made role for him as the CAM wouldnt be the worst by any means.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Stoke are a big club, Neil could get a tune out of them next season if they get their recruitment right. A move there for Moran with a defined ready made role for him as the CAM wouldnt be the worst by any means.

If Stoke fans had a pound for everytime this was said since relegation they could start a coin collection.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:50am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

If Stoke fans had a pound for everytime this was said since relegation they could start a coin collection.

Its true though - having said that there are a lot of big clubs down there in a similar position. Neil knows the division well and did pretty well in the second half of the season with them. Not sure how their finances are these days, but I dont see why a move to Stoke (where there is already a defined role for him) would be bad for Moran!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 6:50pm

Not a huge amount in this that we didn't already know, but it definitely looks like he'll be playing Championship football one way or another coming season.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 10:38pm
Jesus he we have be u21 that's playing regular in the championship then that's win win for everybody
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 1:11am
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Jesus he we have be u21 that's playing regular in the championship then that's win win for everybody

Confused

Yeah though, like I was saying in the Knight thread, we could have 4 or 5 U21 CMs in the Championship next season with Moran, Hodge, Phillips, Vaughan & possibly Henry-Francis.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 3:15pm
It’s all gone very quiet on Moran as regards his next move. No involvement with the first team which is disappointing and no sign of a loan coming. 

Any rumours I have missed? 
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 3:19pm
Was thinking the same thing. De Zerbi isn't shy about playing young men if he thinks they have what it takes.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 3:55pm
He might play the first League Cup game for Brighton perhaps? It's a few days before the transfer window anyway so could see how it goes there first. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 4:43pm
Brighton are skipping the second round of the EFL cup this year because they're in Europe. So he won't play in that competition before the window closes.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 12:19am
Blackburn, Stoke & QPR all reportedly interested in loaning Moran.

Would think he should give Blackburn a miss as they already have Szmodics & Gilsenan.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 7:44pm
2 goals already tonight in The EFL Trophy.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:23pm
Needs to move to Aberdeen for European football
Danger here, OH NO
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Needs to move to Aberdeen for European football

Probably needs to play somewhere other than PL2 and the EFL Trophy to be fair. 
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:50pm
Will be very disappointed if he isn't out on loan before the end of the window. Scotland or League 1 would be fine if there's no Championship team in for him. Or Brighton's sister team in Belgium.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:57pm

Will be very disappointed if he isn't out on loan before the end of the window. Scotland or League 1 would be fine if there's no Championship team in for him. Or Brighton's sister team in Belgium.

There is supposed interest from the Championship, any level lower than that would be a bit disappointing given his profile tbh. Still think they may want to keep him around until January for a bit of depth given Europa League and Carabao Cup commitments. No word on James Furlong either who is another you would hope gets a decent loan.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:07pm

There is supposed interest from the Championship, any level lower than that would be a bit disappointing given his profile tbh. Still think they may want to keep him around until January for a bit of depth given Europa League and Carabao Cup commitments. No word on James Furlong either who is another you would hope gets a decent loan.

Id have no issue with him not going out on loan if he featured in pre season. It’s obviously not popular to criticise Brighton but I was disappointed he wasn’t featured in pre season suggested to me they didn’t have plans for him. 

He has no business playing U21 football again this year. Way too good for it and needs to kick on!! 

Edited by kevin100 - 22 Aug 2023 at 9:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic