You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Andrew Moran
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Andrew Moran

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
Author
Message
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9539
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

An actual Irish born and raised creative player is a rare specimen. First one we've produced since Wes came through two decades ago. At least Moran won't have to wait til he's 30 to get recognised and appreciated

Depends who the next manager is

If the next manager doesn't rate Moran he shouldn't be the next manager. 
Back to Top
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Jan 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
Back to Top
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton


Joined: 01 Jul 2020
Location: Mallow
Status: Offline
Points: 3372
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact. Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
 


Moran would almost certainly be at a disadvantage playing down the Championship with his size especially his first season as a teenager. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He’s doing fine for them speaking to a Blackburn fan recently he said he’s gone a bit flat recently after hitting the ground like a train.  

I genuinely would see Moran going backwards long term if he doesn’t get a chance at Brighton and keeps going back to the English lower Leagues. Blackburn about as good an EFL team he could be at currently in terms of suiting his skill set.


Edited by kevin100 - 07 Jan 2024 at 4:21pm
Back to Top
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Jan 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact. Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
 


Moran would almost certainly be at a disadvantage playing down the Championship with his size especially his first season as a teenager. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He’s doing fine for them speaking to a Blackburn fan recently he said he’s gone a bit flat recently after hitting the ground like a train.  

I genuinely would see Moran going backwards long term if he doesn’t get a chance at Brighton and keeps going back to the English lower Leagues. Blackburn about as good an EFL team he could be at currently in terms of suiting his skill set.

Don't buy this nonsense about size . Bernado silva and David silva were twigs nobody bullied them . Scholes , xavi , modric . All smaller then moran . Difference they were all too smart . Too clever . You couldnt get near them . Whats moran excuse .
Back to Top
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 30 Aug 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 1206
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.

Out of interest, where did you go to get that consensus on Moran from "most of the Blackburn fans"?
Back to Top
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 18987
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact. Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
 


Moran would almost certainly be at a disadvantage playing down the Championship with his size especially his first season as a teenager. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He’s doing fine for them speaking to a Blackburn fan recently he said he’s gone a bit flat recently after hitting the ground like a train.  

I genuinely would see Moran going backwards long term if he doesn’t get a chance at Brighton and keeps going back to the English lower Leagues. Blackburn about as good an EFL team he could be at currently in terms of suiting his skill set.

Don't buy this nonsense about size . Bernado silva and David silva were twigs nobody bullied them . Scholes , xavi , modric . All smaller then moran . Difference they were all too smart . Too clever . You couldnt get near them . Whats moran excuse .

You've just named some of the best players in the world to compare him to LOL

He's in his first season of senior football, he'll be learning a lot doing so. 

Having said that when he left Bray I didn't think he'd make it precisely because he was so slight. But he's more than proved me wrong so far. 
Back to Top
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton


Joined: 01 Jul 2020
Location: Mallow
Status: Offline
Points: 3372
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact. Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
 


Moran would almost certainly be at a disadvantage playing down the Championship with his size especially his first season as a teenager. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He’s doing fine for them speaking to a Blackburn fan recently he said he’s gone a bit flat recently after hitting the ground like a train.  

I genuinely would see Moran going backwards long term if he doesn’t get a chance at Brighton and keeps going back to the English lower Leagues. Blackburn about as good an EFL team he could be at currently in terms of suiting his skill set.

Don't buy this nonsense about size . Bernado silva and David silva were twigs nobody bullied them . Scholes , xavi , modric . All smaller then moran . Difference they were all too smart . Too clever . You couldnt get near them . Whats moran excuse .

Were they spending their careers down the Championship/English lower Leagues?? Angel Gomes and Marcus Edwards two examples of decent English footballers who are similar in style to Moran who flourished when they went to Leagues that suited their skillset which weren’t the English lower Leagues. 

That was my point. He’s at no better team than Blackburn to learn out to deal with the above as you say. Something he will be learning. 


Edited by kevin100 - 07 Jan 2024 at 4:48pm
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 34833
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 5:44pm
Andy Moran is the same size as Pele.
 
True story!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Back to Top
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 504
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 6:16pm
Foden1981, welcome to the forum, the more voices the better the conversation.
I don't post that often, but I do enjoy reading postings by people who know more than me. Most of the good posters avoid, most of the time, being confrontational, they state what they think and might also write how something a player did / didn't do supports that view.
Moran is a young player finding his feet. Asking "Whats moran excuse ." is a bit out there.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Back to Top
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Jan 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact. Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.
 


Moran would almost certainly be at a disadvantage playing down the Championship with his size especially his first season as a teenager. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He’s doing fine for them speaking to a Blackburn fan recently he said he’s gone a bit flat recently after hitting the ground like a train.  

I genuinely would see Moran going backwards long term if he doesn’t get a chance at Brighton and keeps going back to the English lower Leagues. Blackburn about as good an EFL team he could be at currently in terms of suiting his skill set.

Don't buy this nonsense about size . Bernado silva and David silva were twigs nobody bullied them . Scholes , xavi , modric . All smaller then moran . Difference they were all too smart . Too clever . You couldnt get near them . Whats moran excuse .

You've just named some of the best players in the world to compare him to LOL

He's in his first season of senior football, he'll be learning a lot doing so. 

Having said that when he left Bray I didn't think he'd make it precisely because he was so slight. But he's more than proved me wrong so far. 

Well he is the irish phil foden after all . So the bar has been set high.
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 37292
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.

We tend to get carried away on here and in this country when a nice prospect comes along 
We’d Omabomidele as the next Maldini a few years ago
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Irish Riviera
Status: Offline
Points: 39780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.

We tend to get carried away on here and in this country when a nice prospect comes along 
We’d Omabomidele as the next Maldini a few years ago


No he was the next Houdini.  He did a disappearing act.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 37292
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:13pm
LOL
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9539
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.

We tend to get carried away on here and in this country when a nice prospect comes along 
We’d Omabomidele as the next Maldini a few years ago

Yeah, good thing he's found his level as being absolutely sh*te, along with Moran and Ferguson LOL I'll never understand the type of mindset that is so triggered about positivity around Irish players that they'd rather wish for their downfall than hope for their success - why bother supporting a team if that's your default position?
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Jan 2024
Status: Offline
Points: 162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 


Objectively he hasn't had a good impact . Most of the blackburn fans what him benched or send back to Brighton . Their main criticism of Moran is that he is getting bullied out of games . And its nothing to do with size its as giles put it his lack of positional sense . His ability to find space .  Moran gets fouled all the time because he takes too many touches on the ball he doesn't release the ball quick enough.

People use to always wonder why Mesuit who was a wonderfully technically gifted footballer use to get bullied out of the games by oafs like phil jones . Its because Ozil didn't see the game quick enough . He wasn't able to think two three steps ahead of the opposition like all great  playmakers xavi zidane , scholes ,silva, brady etc.

I might seem like i am going off on a tangent but there is point to my madness .

The Irish media particularly those muppets on off the ball have been anointing this kid Irelands next great midfielder. The lads on off the ball have gone as far as to calling him the Irish Phil Foden .

I don't hear anyone in England's media calling Phil Foden the English Messi and if they ever do we would be laughing at them.

We tend to get carried away on here and in this country when a nice prospect comes along 
We’d Omabomidele as the next Maldini a few years ago

Yeah, good thing he's found his level as being absolutely sh*te, along with Moran and Ferguson LOL I'll never understand the type of mindset that is so triggered about positivity around Irish players that they'd rather wish for their downfall than hope for their success - why bother supporting a team if that's your default position?

I wonder are you familar with the term hyperbole because thats whats calling Moran the irish phil foden is .

I bet you are one of those weird Irish fans who believe that if wess hoolohan was born in spain . He would be playing for Barcelona.


Edited by foden1981 - 07 Jan 2024 at 7:56pm
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 37292
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 9:50pm
Who’s wishing for their downfall??

Just pointing out that we get carried away over any player showing a bit of form. 
Every nation has plenty of players doing similar or better really. 

I saw people calling Ferguson world class a few months ago on here for example 
Come on now, let’s stay level headed 
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 25060
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Moran is in a real bad spell of form at the moment . I have watched his past few games and he is really struggling with men's football . Gets knocked of the ball , easily dispossessed.

He looks like he has mountain to climb if he is going to make it as a premier league player.

Here we go - 20 year old has 3 goals and 8 assists in 25 games during his first loan for a Championship club, but he's in dire trouble of being another dud apparently LOL
Sure you said lawal will never be a midfielder for us after watching him for half an hour yesterday.

I've watched Lawal a fair few times, and clearly articulated the reason why I don't think midfield will end up being his best position. I think he could make a perfectly good centre back at a higher level, but his touch and lack of comfort on the half-turn make it unlikely his long term position will be centre mid. Not quite the same as writing of Moran who has objectively had a good impact at Championship level in his first loan. 

Lawal was absolutely atrocious in that U21s game away to Norway. 

He seemed to have no sense of position but hopefully was just a bad day at the office. 
 


Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.