You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andres Iniesta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andres Iniesta
    Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:49am
After 22 years the little Legend is leaving Barca he never received the Ballon d'Or only because Messi and Ronaldo were around.

Iniesta has won 32 trophies having joined Barca at the age of twelve what a class act he was.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
Incredible player. Always a joy to watch. That midfield trio of himself Xavi and Busquets for the few years under Guardiola will possibly go down as the greatest midfield of all time imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Incredible player. Always a joy to watch. That midfield trio of himself Xavi and Busquets for the few years under Guardiola will possibly go down as the greatest midfield of all time imo.
Exactly what a midfield that was.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
My all time favourite player Heart
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
Was in Barcelona for a weekend maybe a decade or so ago, went to see them play a newly promoted Almeria side. They won easily, it was 5 or 6 nil if I remember correctly.It was Rijkard's team then, and there was a lot of fuss about this Messi chap, so went mainly to see him play. Went away thinking Iniesta was the best player I had ever seen live.  

Even though Messi has since improved beyond the brilliant player he was back then, Iniesta was something else to watch from high up in the stand. He just had a complete understanding of the game, one little shimmy or half turn and he could switch the direction of the play, even before the ball left his foot.

His awareness of where others were on the pitch was probably only equalled by Xavi, but not only did he know where his own teammates were, he was constantly able to spot where the opposition had left a gap and would direct the play to exactly that point with a perfect pass. Genius footballer, pity we won't see him in Europe again.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
Spot on Desie Iniesta was a class act superb player.

ClapCoolClap 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:43pm
Hummm have to say the best player i have ever seen live was Mardonna . Goodness words fail me . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummm have to say the best player i have ever seen live was Mardonna . Goodness words fail me . 

Iniesta could always 'handle' himself better.
Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:17am

Pep Guardiola has ruled out a move for Iniesta after Man city had been linked with the little man.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Pep Guardiola has ruled out a move for Iniesta after Man city had been linked with the little man.

Iniesta ruled that out last week when he said he wouldn't play for another European side.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:37am

China for Iniesta then?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

China for Iniesta then?

Looks like it, a nice little earner.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:20am

Iniesta signing for Japanese side Vissel Kobe.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:08am
Trudging out of the stadium in Gdansk in 2012 knowing the Irish team was already out of the tournament was eased slightly by having the privilege to watch Iniesta that night.  Finest performance from an opposition player I have ever seen in my life, he was untouchable and brilliant.

One of the greatest midfield players in the history of the game without doubt.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

he was untouchable and brilliant.
The week after while watching the QF's v Portugal (I think) in the pub I asked Glenn Whelan what was it like chasing Iniesta around the pitch.
He told me to fcuk off LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

The week after while watching the QF's v Portugal (I think) in the pub I asked Glenn Whelan what was it like chasing Iniesta around the pitch.

Brave LOL, he probably still had twisted blood to be fair.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:14pm

Whelans role is not to be chasing Ineista around the pitch though....

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Whelans role is not to be chasing Ineista around the pitch though....
Ah I know, I was just asking what it was like to be on the same pitch as the great Xavi and Iniesta.

PS Whelan couldn't even chase me to the bar FFS LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic