You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An apology for Heysel ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


An apology for Heysel ?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Message
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3836
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 4:11pm
Quote You have spent your time on this thread excusing liverpools role in it by first focusing on UEFA and then that the Juventus's fans were just as at fault. 

I know the Juventus fans were throwing missiles into the Liverpool section but the action which caused the deaths was committed by Liverpool fans.

I didn't excuse Liverpool fans role in it. I explicitly said who was responsible for each turn of events. Sorry that it doesn't suit the conventional "Blame Liverpool" mantra. 

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I am really considering if I will ever read or post on this site again. The bitterness is something else.....

.....May 29th and I will be making a big deal about this event in the history of Liverpool history club.

Oh you are reading and posting again, as you will in the future. 

You won't post about this on May 29th though, as everyone quietly forgets about it every year after the Hillsborough Anniversary passes. 

Quote The timing of this thread is interesting, it was't brought up last year, why because Liverpool were midtable. 

It's brought up in April every year, usually by fans of Liverpool's rivals. On the day of the 20th Hillsborough Anniversary, someone wrote out the names of all victims of Heysel, trying to make 2 wrongs to be a right. They whinge that Liverpool don't accept responsibility, when in reality it's just a way to remind Liverpool of what happened. 

I support a number of clubs throughout Europe, with less than squeaky clean fan records down the years. If you took all the mudslinging and propaganda thrown to heart, you'd never watch a game again. But once the next game is underway, you're ready to watch and go again. 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Location: Poznan
Status: Offline
Points: 2859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 4:14pm
You missed my point, it was'nt about liverpool fans. It was about victims. Who they supported is not an issue. It was a tragedy for the whole of the area regardless of what team they supported.


Planning I have made an event reminder and I will be posting. In wikipedia it says May 29th in the article Citizen posted it says may 30th.


Edited by Andkend - 08 Apr 2014 at 4:20pm
Back to Top
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 935
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I don't adore liverpool football club. They are the team I support in the English league.

My reason for getting involved in this is not to just to defend liverpool football club.

I would also like to say that the reason some people are showing so much bitterness is not really because of any real conviction for Heysel and the people who lost their lives, but to be against liverpool football club.

thats the mentality that frightens me.

how many Irish came to Poland, we got thumped in 3 matched, jaysus we could have torn Poland apart in an attempt to reclaime our pride, we could have given plenty of spaniards a good run around Sopot. When people were out of order and there were dumbasses the Irish chanted ' your not Irish anymore'

I support Liverpool football club and I want no hand or part in any violence.

let me just add about my nice friend the doorman here in Poznan, mr I hate any away fan who has the neck to set foot in this city. He is barred for life but is at every game. Now we have technology computer systems and ways to identify hooligans. Then they did'nt.

The majority of the people who I know support liverpool and any other club for that mater. Would stop supporting that club if there was continued violence. I Really do take the point of the person who said they went off football after Heysel. I can imagine I would have the same reaction. 39 people dying takes all the fun out of it.

There have been some serious ugly moments in football supporters history in most countries.

HOWEVER I am really not sure about the real motive behind this particular attack, I think Liverpools current success drives it more than real concern for the victims. That is frightening.

I will take it on myself to make sure I post remberences and comemorate Heysel in the future. Its very important to do this.


You keep saying you're frightened? Frightened of what?

The bottom line here is if Liverpool as a club & their supporters had put their hand up & said "we were wrong, we are sorry" people may feel a whole lot different about Hillsbrough. Their 25 year search for justice is a bit hypocritical seeing as they never allowed the Juventus fans get it. As a club Liverpool blamed fans of other teams as well as Uefa & the stadium organisers.


Are you suggesting that Liverpool Football Club prevented Juventus fans from seeking justice over Heysel?


I'm suggesting that Liverpool football club's attempt to distance themselves from the event certainly showed a lack of respect to the people that died, the families of those who died & to Juventus. All it would have taken is an apology yet the chairman of the club suggested it was people not associated with Liverpool who caused the trouble over there that night. I was only 6 but I can remember the red jerseys & scarves on the people who were running after elderly men with sticks & stones. What happened that night was nothing short of a disgrace & yet those involved still will never own up to it. Its not a personal thing, I would be saying the same about any club if they were involved in something like that. I will say the same thing about Galatasary after the animals that associate themselves with the club murdered the 2 Leeds fans. No official apology was given to Leeds after that night. 14 years after those 2 lads were murdered I still hope that Galatasary rots from the inside out because they refused to acknowledge the incident. Like Liverpool, they deflected blame away from themselves.  

What happened at Heysel was caused by Liverpool supporters end of story, it can be dressed up anyway you want but those are the facts. And yes, Hillsborough & Heysel can be compared. They were 2 events that should never have happened. Both could have been prevented & more could have been done on the day itself to lessen the devastation that occurred. Liverpool got their apology from the people to blame for Hillsborough after a 20 odd year song & dance about it but Juve & the families of the victims at Heysel didn't get such an apology. 
Back to Top
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 13816
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

What happened at Heysel was caused by Liverpool supporters end of story, it can be dressed up anyway you want but those are the facts.
They are not the facts.
 
The facts are that there were a considerable number of fans there from firms attached to Chelsea, Millwall, West Ham and others. It was a National Crew and yes of course it included Liverpool hooligans too. They were not there to watch the match, they were there to cause trouble and I bet you a thousand euro that not one of them had a match ticket. If it was Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest playing Juventus that night the same thing would have happened.
 
You obviously know nothing about hooliganism.
You talk about seeing red jerseys and scarves - casuals dont wear colours.
 
 
 
Back to Top
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 935
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

What happened at Heysel was caused by Liverpool supporters end of story, it can be dressed up anyway you want but those are the facts.
They are not the facts.
 
The facts are that there were a considerable number of fans there from firms attached to Chelsea, Millwall, West Ham and others. It was a National Crew and yes of course it included Liverpool hooligans too. They were not there to watch the match, they were there to cause trouble and I bet you a thousand euro that not one of them had a match ticket. If it was Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest playing Juventus that night the same thing would have happened.
 
You obviously know nothing about hooliganism.
You talk about seeing red jerseys and scarves - casuals dont wear colours.
 
 
 

Oh so the Liverpool fans convicted weren't actually Liverpool fans? They were Millwall fans with a Merseyside address? What is your point about fans not having tickets? Hundreds of fans had knocked a hole in a wall so they could get in to see the match, they were all Millwall fans as well though were they? The hundreds of fellas seen in plain view of the many TV cameras there that night were wearing red scarves, I don't know what footage you were watching.

By the way, you've just proved my point. Liverpool blaming everyone but themselves. I'll be honest I'm just laughing at your pathetic excuse to defend what happened. What have Chelsea, Millwall & West Ham got to do with anything? Are you seriously trying to say they were the instigators of the stampede & the violence? Perhaps you should watch the footage of the guys in the Liverpool tops & scarves fighting with the Juve fans in the square before the game, on the pitch after the collapse of the wall & the footage of after the game when the Liverpool fans with Munich flags were lighting fires on the terrace.

Its all on camera & in hundreds of eye witness reports all of which are available online. I suggest you educate youreself on the events before commenting.
Back to Top
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane Austra
Status: Offline
Points: 2389
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

What happened at Heysel was caused by Liverpool supporters end of story, it can be dressed up anyway you want but those are the facts.
They are not the facts.
 
The facts are that there were a considerable number of fans there from firms attached to Chelsea, Millwall, West Ham and others. It was a National Crew and yes of course it included Liverpool hooligans too. They were not there to watch the match, they were there to cause trouble and I bet you a thousand euro that not one of them had a match ticket. If it was Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest playing Juventus that night the same thing would have happened.
 
You obviously know nothing about hooliganism.
You talk about seeing red jerseys and scarves - casuals dont wear colours.
 
 
 

So where do you get your facts from mand why would anyone listen to you ...what do you know about hooliganism that we don't? Not trying to start a fight but would appreciate to hear how well you are versed on thsi topic.

Who told you who was there and who was not ? 

My own knowledge of hooligans is that they dont go to games at all and dont wear colours . The wall collapsed when flag weidling Liverpool football fans ....and there were many ( hundreds involved) charged across their end to the neutral section where some Juve fans were situated  There is footage to prove this . its what the world  saw and bore witness to. 

Yes there was trouble outside the ground with the thugs and different firms  but the perptrators of the charge and wall collapse were football fans in the Liverpool end of the ground . Undeniable !
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Back to Top
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 1021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Hillsborough 96 is exactly what it says on the tin.

justice for the 96

Not justice for the liverpool football fans.

Justice for the 96

Were there ever any convictions for Hillsborough. Was there heck, I think there was a couple of the commanding officers of the yorkshire police on the queens honours list.

Heysel was very different and on the whole the various parties took their collective responsibility for their role in the tragedy. Heysel stadium was never ever used for a football event.

The trial after the tragedy saw the head of security on the night convicted of Manslaughter in 1985.

most of the people convicted of manslaughter i.e the fans had previous convictions for football violence, so the arguement about the club giving them tickets is'nt valid as anyone with a fooball violence conviction should'nt have tickets. Lets face it these people can get tickets and be where they need to be, even with top security systems.

Hillborough might have happened over 30 years ago but rem its only been given justice last year.


There are major commemorations held every year and monuments to the tragedy.


More palpable nonsense !

Prior to 1985 Heysel hosted 3 European Cup finals & 3 Cup Winner's Cup Finals , I was at the play off game v Belgium in 1997 at the same stadium - albeit re-named after King Bedouin.

The facts are - drunken ' Pool supporters decided to " run " Juve fans & as a result 39 innocent people died , no ifs & no buts .

This is why so many football fans are hoping that either City or Chelsea win the league as despite their undoubted hooligan element they have never been responsible for deaths on such an unprecedented scale - the reference to those who Liverppol fans who initiated the disaster as " murderers " is correct although they surely were unaware of the ultimate result of their criminal stupidity .



Edited by deiseblue - 08 Apr 2014 at 6:04pm
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 25044
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Quote You have spent your time on this thread excusing liverpools role in it by first focusing on UEFA and then that the Juventus's fans were just as at fault. 

I know the Juventus fans were throwing missiles into the Liverpool section but the action which caused the deaths was committed by Liverpool fans.

I didn't excuse Liverpool fans role in it. I explicitly said who was responsible for each turn of events. Sorry that it doesn't suit the conventional "Blame Liverpool" mantra. 

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I am really considering if I will ever read or post on this site again. The bitterness is something else.....

.....May 29th and I will be making a big deal about this event in the history of Liverpool history club.

Oh you are reading and posting again, as you will in the future. 

You won't post about this on May 29th though, as everyone quietly forgets about it every year after the Hillsborough Anniversary passes. 

Quote The timing of this thread is interesting, it was't brought up last year, why because Liverpool were midtable. 

It's brought up in April every year, usually by fans of Liverpool's rivals. On the day of the 20th Hillsborough Anniversary, someone wrote out the names of all victims of Heysel, trying to make 2 wrongs to be a right. They whinge that Liverpool don't accept responsibility, when in reality it's just a way to remind Liverpool of what happened. 

I support a number of clubs throughout Europe, with less than squeaky clean fan records down the years. If you took all the mudslinging and propaganda thrown to heart, you'd never watch a game again. But once the next game is underway, you're ready to watch and go again. 


Funny that Planning because nobody else, not Liverpool fans agree with you. Everybody must be out of step except you. Your posts about UEFA and the Juve fans being just as responsible is an attempt to nullify Liverpool's culpability because you allow your own club loyalties to cloud your judgement that Liverpool fans were responsible for the deaths more than the Juventus fans were.Again if it was Liverpool fans that died you would certainly not be puuting the blame equally among both sets of fans. It has nothing to do with a 'blame Liverpool mantra'

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Back to Top
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
It's OUR year

Joined: 13 Dec 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 9270
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Hillsborough 96 is exactly what it says on the tin.

justice for the 96

Not justice for the liverpool football fans.

Justice for the 96

Were there ever any convictions for Hillsborough. Was there heck, I think there was a couple of the commanding officers of the yorkshire police on the queens honours list.

Heysel was very different and on the whole the various parties took their collective responsibility for their role in the tragedy. Heysel stadium was never ever used for a football event.

The trial after the tragedy saw the head of security on the night convicted of Manslaughter in 1985.

most of the people convicted of manslaughter i.e the fans had previous convictions for football violence, so the arguement about the club giving them tickets is'nt valid as anyone with a fooball violence conviction should'nt have tickets. Lets face it these people can get tickets and be where they need to be, even with top security systems.

Hillborough might have happened over 30 years ago but rem its only been given justice last year.


There are major commemorations held every year and monuments to the tragedy.


More palpable nonsense !

Prior to 1985 Heysel hosted 3 European Cup finals & 3 Cup Winner's Cup Finals , I was at the play off game v Belgium in 1997 at the same stadium - albeit re-named after King Bedouin.

The facts are - drunken ' Pool supporters decided to " run " Juve fans & as a result 39 innocent people died , no ifs & no buts .

This is why so many football fans are hoping that either City or Chelsea win the league.



(I've been reading through the posts here, for once I haven't a whole lot to say other than to say liverpool supporters deserve the blame for what happened).

What you've said though, is that really true? so many football fans don't want liverpool to win the league because of heysel? I know so so many supporters of various clubs in my town. That has never ever been mentioned. I completely disagree with that.
Perhaps if you said a minority instead of many but there is no way what you've said rings through where I live.
I don't think it's the case (albeit with a little less proof) in the UK either having lived there.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Back to Top
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Location: Poznan
Status: Offline
Points: 2859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:06pm
Hang on a second, you want an apology from Liverpool football club to the victims of the Heysel disaster.


legally I don't think that could happen as it would be admiting liability and could result in the victims of Heysel having some claim of responsibility over thr club.

Liverpool football club did not apologise to the victims of Hillsborough either.

I imagine the protocol legally on this issue is fairly stringent and would extent to sympathy and commemoration for the victims rather than apology.

In the case of the Hillsborough 96 & the apology made by the Pm and the Government, I imagine they struck some deal with the victims relatives and the relatives wanted a public apology. I am not sure of the facts on this one.

Personally the convictions were made the time was served. Juventus and Liverpool have faced each other since in the champions league and in Turin Liverpool fans were beaten by Juventus Ultras. Two wrongs make a right, eye for an eye approach to tragedy.

Do many people on here think that we the Irish people should feel apologetic for all the bombs the IRA killed people with in England. I don't think so.

Edited by Andkend - 08 Apr 2014 at 6:08pm
Back to Top
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
I like Klopp

Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Location: El Sadar
Status: Offline
Points: 12152
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:21pm
IRA don't represent the people of Ireland. Liverpool FC supporters represent Liverpool FC. Nonsense comparison.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Back to Top
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Location: Galway, Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7074
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:


Prior to 1985 Heysel hosted 3 European Cup finals & 3 Cup Winner's Cup Finals , I was at the play off game v Belgium in 1997 at the same stadium - albeit re-named after King Bedouin.



And completely rebuilt
Back to Top
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 1021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Hillsborough 96 is exactly what it says on the tin.

justice for the 96

Not justice for the liverpool football fans.

Justice for the 96

Were there ever any convictions for Hillsborough. Was there heck, I think there was a couple of the commanding officers of the yorkshire police on the queens honours list.

Heysel was very different and on the whole the various parties took their collective responsibility for their role in the tragedy. Heysel stadium was never ever used for a football event.

The trial after the tragedy saw the head of security on the night convicted of Manslaughter in 1985.

most of the people convicted of manslaughter i.e the fans had previous convictions for football violence, so the arguement about the club giving them tickets is'nt valid as anyone with a fooball violence conviction should'nt have tickets. Lets face it these people can get tickets and be where they need to be, even with top security systems.

Hillborough might have happened over 30 years ago but rem its only been given justice last year.


There are major commemorations held every year and monuments to the tragedy.


More palpable nonsense !

Prior to 1985 Heysel hosted 3 European Cup finals & 3 Cup Winner's Cup Finals , I was at the play off game v Belgium in 1997 at the same stadium - albeit re-named after King Bedouin.

The facts are - drunken ' Pool supporters decided to " run " Juve fans & as a result 39 innocent people died , no ifs & no buts .

This is why so many football fans are hoping that either City or Chelsea win the league.



(I've been reading through the posts here, for once I haven't a whole lot to say other than to say liverpool supporters deserve the blame for what happened).

What you've said though, is that really true? so many football fans don't want liverpool to win the league because of heysel? I know so so many supporters of various clubs in my town. That has never ever been mentioned. I completely disagree with that.
Perhaps if you said a minority instead of many but there is no way what you've said rings through where I live.
I don't think it's the case (albeit with a little less proof) in the UK either having lived there.


Different generations reflect on events in totally disparate manners.

I was a relatively ( ! ) young man when the disastrous events at Heysel unfolded , Waterford as a city was hugely proud of the fact that one of our own , namely Jim Beglin was about to play in the pinnacle club game at European level.

The sight of dead bodies being carried from the terraces due to the appalling behaviour of Liverpool fans ( this nonsense of other firms being involved was disproved by the fact that those charged with involvement had mainly Liverpool addresses ) had an everlasting effect on those who witnessed events unfold on TV - so yes - those of my generation will never forgive or forget the events that occurred on that terrible night & as such would prefer to see anybody else winning the league - a generalisation I know but probably not far off the mark ?

Edited by deiseblue - 08 Apr 2014 at 6:26pm
Back to Top
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Location: Poznan
Status: Offline
Points: 2859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Hillsborough 96 is exactly what it says on the tin.

justice for the 96

Not justice for the liverpool football fans.

Justice for the 96

Were there ever any convictions for Hillsborough. Was there heck, I think there was a couple of the commanding officers of the yorkshire police on the queens honours list.

Heysel was very different and on the whole the various parties took their collective responsibility for their role in the tragedy. Heysel stadium was never ever used for a football event.

The trial after the tragedy saw the head of security on the night convicted of Manslaughter in 1985.

most of the people convicted of manslaughter i.e the fans had previous convictions for football violence, so the arguement about the club giving them tickets is'nt valid as anyone with a fooball violence conviction should'nt have tickets. Lets face it these people can get tickets and be where they need to be, even with top security systems.

Hillborough might have happened over 30 years ago but rem its only been given justice last year.


There are major commemorations held every year and monuments to the tragedy.


More palpable nonsense !

Prior to 1985 Heysel hosted 3 European Cup finals & 3 Cup Winner's Cup Finals , I was at the play off game v Belgium in 1997 at the same stadium - albeit re-named after King Bedouin.

The facts are - drunken ' Pool supporters decided to " run " Juve fans & as a result 39 innocent people died , no ifs & no buts .

This is why so many football fans are hoping that either City or Chelsea win the league as despite their undoubted hooligan element they have never been responsible for deaths on such an unprecedented scale - the reference to those who Liverppol fans who initiated the disaster as " murderers " is correct although they surely were unaware of the ultimate result of their criminal stupidity .



http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

hang on here a minute, you were in the new stadium which was built in Heysel, the old stadium where the disaster occured was never used for a football event Fact. Heysel the city did host further football events but not in that stadium.

you know some of the posts here are off the rails.

your irish and many crimes have been commited in your national name by the IRA but i would consider anyone who blamed all Irish for the crimes of some a moron of the highest order.

if you hate liverpool well and good but don't go bullsh*ting and stirring hatred as was said early you can find something in the history of every football club.
CHELSEA fans have their fair share of violence in their past too.

honestly I am starting to lose faith here to be honest.
Back to Top
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3836
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:32pm
Quote Your posts is an attempt to nullify Liverpool's culpability
 

I did no such thing. How many more times do you want what happened explained to you?

Quote you allow your own club loyalties to cloud your judgement
 

At no stage on this forum have I declared what my club loyalties are. This is a ROI forum. 

Quote Again if it was Liverpool fans that died you would certainly not be puuting the blame equally among both sets of fans. It has nothing to do with a 'blame Liverpool mantra'

It has everything to do with it. Your own clubs fans are certainly more than happy to do so. Some of them sing about people who died at football games every week, despite their own less than whiter than white record at home and abroad. 
Back to Top
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Location: Poznan
Status: Offline
Points: 2859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:36pm
Sorry i missread. HEYSEL stadium was rebuild almost from scratch but it was on the same site and it was renamed.
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 25044
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Quote Your posts is an attempt to nullify Liverpool's culpability
 

<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">I did no such thing. How many more times do you want what happened explained to you?</span>

Quote you allow your own club loyalties to cloud your judgement
 

At no stage on this forum have I declared what my club loyalties are. This is a ROI forum. 

Quote Again if it was Liverpool fans that died you would certainly not be puuting the blame equally among both sets of fans. It has nothing to do with a 'blame Liverpool mantra'

It has everything to do with it. Your own clubs fans are certainly more than happy to do so. Some of them sing about people who died at football games every week, despite their own less than whiter than white record at home and abroad. 


You are clearly a Liverpool fan or certainly have some emotive tie to them given your reaction over the orangeman sl*gging and now Heysel.

I posted on this thread about United fans I witnessed singing about Hillsborough so how on earth am I taking a position that I'm taking a 'blame Liverpool' mantra.I'm not defending those United dirtbags that sing about Hillsborough. I also don't classify my best friend who's a Liverpool fan or the Liverpool fans on here as being the same as those that charged at the Juventus fans.

We both agree on UEFA's shameful role and culpability but Planning do you think Liverpool fans were more to blame than the Juventus ones?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Back to Top
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Location: Boston USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2015
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:51pm
The Belgium - Ireland EURO '88 qualifier in September '86 was played at the old Heysel stadium.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.