Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amhran na Bhfiann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Watching the Italy u21's the other night signing their anthem with passion and pride.

Then watched our players, and most simply weren't bothered. This really pisses me off.

Great to see Bazunu and Ogbene singing it Clap

The only lads that sang it were the black lads in the team. Bazunu, Ogbene, Idah etc..fair play to them.

I'd wager the likes of Duffy, Kenny, Coleman and Young Doherty et al havent a breeze what the words are.

Ogbene was born in Lagos and spent his 1st 8 years there. I doubt he speaks Irish, but he made the effort, while the others couldn't be arsed.

I just think it reflects badly on the team, why even stand for for the anthem? why even come out for it? 
where do you draw that line.

I'd like to see them sing it with pride to show that they are up for it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm

Watching the Italy u21's the other night signing their anthem with passion and pride.

Then watched our players, and most simply weren't bothered. This really pisses me off.

The only lads that sang it were the black lads in the team. Bazunu, Ogbene, Idah etc..fair play to them.

I'd wager the likes of Duffy, Kenny, Coleman and Young Doherty et al havent a breeze what the words are.

Ogbene was born in Lagos and spent his 1st 8 years there. I doubt he speaks Irish, but he made the effort, while the others couldn't be arsed.

I just think it reflects badly on the team, why even stand for for the anthem? why even come out for it? 

They don't need to sing to show they are up for it. our guys are always up for it one thing we cannot blame them on.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

They don't need to sing to show they are up for it. our guys are always up for it one thing we cannot blame them on.

Really?
Many a game before where they haven't - and this is not a criticism under Kenny, as it pre-dates him.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:12am
Can't remember the game but I remember the camera being on Simon Cox during the anthem and it seemed like he was making up his own words LOL

Would agree with HB on this. Players and staff should be singing it. I think it reflects badly on them if they don't.

That being said, it's a brutal anthem for a sporting event. The pacing of the music and the lyrics are never in sync.

Edited by The Huntacha - 16 Nov 2021 at 4:15am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
To be honest, if Shane Duffy's normal voice is anything to go by, I don't think he'd be a Michael Buble or Pavarotti in the singing stakes, so he might be saving our ears a bashing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic