Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Pearce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:48pm
For 2 years you were bitching about l
Kevin kilbane at left back and you have been slaughtering ward since. Pearce is not listed on paper today as being Irish .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

For 2 years you were bitching about l
Kevin kilbane at left back and you have been slaughtering ward since. Pearce is not listed on paper today as being Irish .

Kilbane is a legend...but he was a disaster a fb....I called for Ward to be tried because he was playing EPL football and was 10 years his junior....he to turned out to be sh*te but worth trying he now needs to look elsewhere.

Pearce if I'm not mistaken qualifies for Ireland and has said it Irealnd for him all the way.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:03pm
Well he is not Irish yet !!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:13pm

"I am eligible for Ireland through my grandmother and if I had the choice I would play for the Republic of Ireland.

"I would love to play for the Republic of Ireland and it would be a dream come true for me and my family to play for them.

"If I was to get a call-up I would look to grab the opportunity with both hands and do my best to impress"

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Godot Godot wrote:

"I am eligible for Ireland through my grandmother and if I had the choice I would play for the Republic of Ireland.

"I would love to play for the Republic of Ireland and it would be a dream come true for me and my family to play for them.

"If I was to get a call-up I would look to grab the opportunity with both hands and do my best to impress"

Countless player's have said "they would love to play for Ireland" .

Has he actually got his papers and has he officially declared though!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 11:15am
Hardly new news but nice to see Alex come out again and pin his colours to the mast :

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/pearce-ireland-030912-349040.aspx

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:48pm
Irish eyes check out defender Pearce

ALEX Pearce is one step closer to fulfilling his international dream following an approach from the Republic of Ireland.

The 23-year-old defender confirmed he has been contact by Giovanni Trapattoni's representatives with a view to representing the country of his grandmother's birth.

But Pearce is not celebrating the news just yet while UEFA investigate his footballing background.

Pearce played at Under-14 level for the Republic of Ireland in a tournament, but then accepted an invite to represent Scotland Under 21s in a friendly a few years ago.

UEFA will now check out the possibility of Pearce switching allegiances to the Republic of Ireland, though they are unlikely to block the move.

The Reading defender revealed: "I qualify for Ireland through my dad's side as my grandmother was born in Dublin.

"They've been in touch so they're interested.

"We're trying to get that moving along and if it happens it will be fantastic. It will be a dream come true to play for Ireland."

And he added: "I was lucky enough to represent them once in a tournament when I was 14 so I've got an affiliation with them already.

"Hopefully we can push this forward so I have an opportunity to show Ireland what I can do."

Pearce played every minute of every league game for Reading last season and his performances in Brian McDermott's title-winning side earned him the coveted, Chronicle-sponsored Player of the Year award.

His performances alerted Irish boss Trapattoni who sent scouts to keep a close eye on the Royals Academy graduate.

"I spoke to Ireland's assistant manager Alan Kelly on the phone. He said they were interested and were trying to sort out the regulations.

"Because I played for Scotland Under 21s in a friendly people think I'm Scottish, but it was a friendly so I'm not tied down to them.

"Ireland are now trying to get confirmation of that from Scotland to clarify I haven't played a competitive match for them.

"It's a bit of a long-winded process but I think they like me and hopefully we can sort it out quickly."

With the likes of 32-year-old Ireland defender Richard Dunne approaching the twilight of their careers, Pearce also believes he could have a long international career ahead of him.

"Ireland have some great players but there are a couple who maybe are coming to the end of their careers and thinking of retirement.

"I'd just like an opportunity to join up with a squad, pull the jersey on and hopefully impress the manager.

"There's no timescale. Ireland just want me to be aware of what's happening and hopefully they can push the issue forward now."

Meanwhile, Pearce and the rest of the Reading squad will have this weekend off before they return to Premier League action on Sunday, September 16 when they host Tottenham Hotspur at Madejski Stadium (4pm ko, live Sky Sports).

Spurs are yet to win in three league matches this season and Pearce believes it is a good time to play Andre Villas-Boas' side which is likely to contain former Reading star Gylfi Sigurdsson.

"Spurs haven't been in the best form and any team coming to Madejski Stadium will get a tough game," he suggested.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/articles/2012/09/07/62476-irish-eyes-check-out-defender-pearce/

Edited by grannyrule - 07 Sep 2012 at 2:54pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:29pm
Called into the Ireland squad for the Oman game.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:29pm
Great news
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:34pm
Is he starting for Reading? No very little about the lad.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:34pm
Glad to hear it , now Alex if given the chance step up and take it Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:34pm
https://twitter.com/Ciaran_O/status/244500913224548352
Alex Pearce ( @ReadingFC ) and Robbie Brady #MUFC called into Ireland squad.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:38pm
Good luck Alex, boy will you need it joining the mad house!!
connordonegal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connordonegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:58pm
good news but ciaran clark should be called up aswell
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 8:15pm
Congrats. Shocked by the news, but in a good way. I kept an eye on him before in the same way I did pilkington, not sure whether to truly get behind him cause not sure if he would ever play for us. But now He'a in he has me full support. Looks like he could be a valuable squad member
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by connordonegal connordonegal wrote:

good news but ciaran clark should be called up aswell

I am starting to believe those rumours that there was a disaplinary issue with trap may have some legs
Garak View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:03am
via Reading:

Irish call for Pearce

Royals defender Alex Pearce has received his first call-up to the senior Irish squad for their friendly against Oman in London on Tuesday night.

The 23-year-old came through our Academy to be named player of the season as we won the npower Championship last season, and has performed well in both of our Barclays Premier League games this season, more than holding his own against the likes of Peter Crouch and Fernando Torres. He has not missed a minute of League football for the Royals in almost 13 months now.

Alex played for Ireland at u14s level alongside players such as Anthony Stokes, and although he later represented Scotland at u21s level, he said last month that Ireland was always his preferred international option because of his family's roots in the Emerald Isle.

This call-up is a major step for the centre half and the club would like to congratulate him on being selected. If he plays in an Ireland shirt he will become another of our Academy players to make the international stages alongside the likes of Simon Church, Hal Robson-Kanu, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Simon Cox and more besides.

Thumbs Up
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:37am
Really happy about this! He was in the championship team of the year last season, now a regular PL starter and he's only 23 as well Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic