You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Pearce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 9:24pm
Pearce has changed a lot of opinions at Reading.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 1:04am
what do u mean changed opinions? 
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 10:32am
Last season and at the start of the season some fans that that he was a bit of a liability when he was playing, he rearly had the same defensive partner when he was playing. They shipped a few goals and Pearce was said to be one of the main reasons. He now has a settled defensive partner and the team has kept a number of clean sheets.
Say nothing till you hear more
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:17pm
Reading Player of the Season. 

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2751826,00.html

Should be looked at if Trapattoni is doing his job right

Edited by grannyrule - 29 Apr 2012 at 5:18pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:50pm
Delighted he'll be playing in the EPL next season we need as many Irish lads playing in the top flight and given that we're very light in decent options at centre half Trap should really look at capping him after the Euros.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:52pm
Well done Alex Clap, he could be soon challenging sledge for a spot :) 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Well done Alex Clap, he could be soon challenging sledge for a spot :) 

agreed. like sledge and hes always been dependable for us but i think his spot is where we could definitely improve given the talent we have- clark, o'shea, pearce, duffy can all play in the middle along side dunne
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:31pm
23 year's of age , a centre half (a position we are short on options) , he's EPL bound and has played every game of Readings title winning campaign along with winning the player of the year award at the club Clap

For me it's a yes please , i hope Trap caps him after the Euros and see what he's made of!

Edited by Green Devil - 01 May 2012 at 1:32pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:46pm
Yeah...I'm of the opinion that everyone that shows a bit of quality should be looked in training camps or friendly games..we have to small a player pool to choose from to turn people who show a genuine interest away.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Yeah...I'm of the opinion that everyone that shows a bit of quality should be looked in training camps or friendly games..we have to small a player pool to choose from to turn people who show a genuine interest away.

Wilson , Clark , Coleman , Best , Duffy , Pearce , Meyler , Mason , Stokes etc etc are all going to be left at home which shows we have some genuine quality players in reserve so we should capitalize on that , our next friendly after the Euro's against China (possibly) is an ideal fixture to blood some of these lads in! The more competition for places even on the fringes of the squad will make us stronger.

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:27pm
I think he will be looked at after the summer. He should be anyway given that he will be playing in the PL. Certainly if our current back up CB o'dea struggles to find a decent club in the summer.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:08am
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:33am
Has to be a good thing that we're on the top of people's agendas... not everyone is as positive about Int''l football. 
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 12:16pm
He nailed his colours to our mast months ago...  did Trap give a reason for not selecting him for the Serbia game?
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 2:46pm
Maybe he is not good enough.
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:05pm
Wasn't he in the championship team of the year and every week at the same level as Ward...Sleadge....McShane.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Wasn't he in the championship team of the year and every week at the same level as Ward...Sleadge....McShane.

Wrong.

Ward played in the EPL the past 3 seasons.

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:26pm
And McShane was once a Utd player ffs....Ward is a championship player now that's what i meant....there playing at same level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic