Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Pearce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Hoppy Hoppy wrote:

Why is this no mark defender still getting in the squads?

Can someone kindly tell me how MON could justify putting him in the provisional squad over John Egan, who's been superb so far this season and was last season?

Idiot
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:19pm
9 Championship league appearances since the start of last season, still gets selected for Ireland.

Shudder 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:54pm
Is that sarcasm?
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

Those are the stats, he shouldn't be anywhere near a squad of 23/24 players never mind being in a match day squad of 18 Dead
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

Those are the stats, he shouldn't be anywhere near a squad of 23/24 players never mind being in a match day squad of 18 Dead
23 players were named last night. Hence why we, along with  every other team in Europe, had 2 keepers on the bench.

Any truth to the rumour that MON doesn't drink fairtrade tea?

Edited by pre Madonna - 07 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:31pm

Is that sarcasm?

He's broken into the Derby team over the last month and has played in their last 5-6 matches, he's more deserving of his place in this squad than he has been in any over the last year. Pearce is far from the worst of our problems, he's a decent defender.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

23 players were named last night. Hence why we, along with  every other team in Europe, had 2 keepers on the bench.

Any truth to the rumour that MON doesn't drink fairtrade tea?

My bad re the 23 named last night.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:41pm

Is that sarcasm?

He's broken into the Derby team over the last month and has played in their last 5-6 matches, he's more deserving of his place in this squad than he has been in any over the last year. Pearce is far from the worst of our problems, he's a decent defender.

He should have been out in the wilderness and to be made earn his place back in the squad, but lazy management meant he was often in the squad more so than not.

Any wonder why Mason can't be arsed with international football? Granted they play in different positions but my point still stands, it should be even somewhat difficult to make a squad especially for fringe players not just picked because the manager is to lazy to change things up. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm

Is that sarcasm?

Is he bollocks.

If you want to see a defender doing well for his club in the Championship look at John Egan, started every game, got 3 goals in September sitting in 7th position and you think because someone who's broke into a side who's 20th in the league is worthy a call-up, jaysus.

Granted that you are correct that it's the least of the problems right now, the comparisons not even close, Egan has trumped Pearce on so many levels but the latter gets rewarded.

Edited by coyne - 07 Oct 2016 at 9:55pm
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Granted that you are correct that it's the least of the problems right now, the comparisons not even close, Egan has trumped Pearce on so many levels but the latter gets rewarded.

It always seems to be harder to get into an Irish squad than get out of it

Edited by grannyrule - 08 Oct 2016 at 3:35am
The only way is up
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:49pm
Egan has a handful of games at championship level for a mid-level club.  

Pearce has played over 200 times at Championship level, half a season in the premier league, won player of the season for a championship club and captained a championship club, as well as seven caps and been part of loads of national squads.  At 27 he should be entering the peak of his career.

Whilst there is an obvious need to develop talent, the above perspective is what MO'N is looking at when preferring Pearce to Egan. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 11:31pm
Absolute nonsense. He's 6th choice ffs. "Oh he'll be useful" I highly doubt was the thought.

Just another name who gets added to the sheet everytime without reason.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 12:01am
He's not 6th choice, he's 5th choice, and in a double header, he's an injury and a suspension away from being our only decent cover!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 12:54am
"Decent cover" LOL
I miss the days where we had actual good defenders if he's regarded as decent.

In terms of ranking, he's not as atrocious as McShane - Who by the way is still getting callups - but that's more like a backhanded compliment. 

Edited by coyne - 08 Oct 2016 at 12:56am
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:42am
Paul McShane has 33 caps, is captain of a championship team, has played 6 seasons of premier league football, and the rest at championship level, and graduated from the Man Utd Academy.  

He's not Fabio Cannavaro, but on any view at present he is a better option than Egan as well. 

I know there's a fashion for jumping on the bandwagon of who's going to be the next big thing such as Egan or O'Connell (some potential, but currently fifth choice at Celtic).  However when you look at the facts, it's a bit ridiculous to be championing the likes of Egan who has maybe 9 championship appearances in his whole career over McShane and Pearce.  Seriously?

Obviously this doesn't consider the factor of the development of young players (whereby you might include slightly weaker players for their and the squad's development).
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 3:13am
Ah jaysus McShane better than Egan. LOL

How do I un-see what I've just read LOL
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 9:27am
Lads arguing over 5th or 6th choice defenders
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 4:27pm
scores today vs sheff wednesday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic