You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alex Ferguson..... Greatest Manager of all time
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Ferguson..... Greatest Manager of all time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 9:16pm

Cant wait for Barlow to see this thread, be blowing his load reading it.

Agree though he is defo one of the best if not the best, great manager Clap
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:48am
he must be the best , he has dominated english football and left hsi mark in europe .. maurinho may challenge him later on
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

It took Fergie  three and half years to win his first trophy. He wouldn't have been given that much time nowadays even then it was probably that Cup win that saved his bacon and the rest as they say is history.

You're probably right but it should also be remembered that at the time United were pretty much like the way Liverpool are today. Expectations were much lower, so time was more readily given.

IRC, many ManYoo fans at the time - including one of my brothers - ruefully referring to themselves as long suffering!
In the mid seventies, Stoke hammered 'em 3-0 & 5-0 at the Victoria ground in successive seasons, excluding of course, the season when they hadn't even got them to play, as United languished for a season in the old division two.

ETA: As I said over in the other thread, Fergie's a one off, likely never to be repeated and will go down in history as the greatest manager ever in English football.

Edited by Stoked Up - 24 Sep 2010 at 5:15am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:03am
i actually have great respect for man u fans who i know who stuck with them through all those hard times
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by grazza grazza wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Better than shankley, better than stein, better than trap....... Greatest of all time! What a man!
Get a f**king room   

The Truth Hurts grazza Big%20smile

I'm not suggesting for 1 minute that he is not the best ever, I am just suggesting you get a room funboys
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:14pm
The Greatest Manager ever bar none. One of his greatest achievements which is forgotten because of all the glory with United was winning the Eurpoean Cup Winners Cup in 1983 with Aberdeen. They beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid in the final. Can anyone imagine anything like that ever happening again ? 
Back o' the Net !
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

The Greatest Manager ever bar none. One of his greatest achievements which is forgotten because of all the glory with United was winning the Eurpoean Cup Winners Cup in 1983 with Aberdeen. They beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid in the final. Can anyone imagine anything like that ever happening again ? 

3 teams in a final- na cant see that happening again to be fair
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
nosnowman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 4:29am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Better than shankley, better than stein, better than trap....... Greatest of all time! What a man!
no mention for paisley?a manager for only nine years but still managed to win 21 trophys.and that includes retaining the european cup,something fergie hasn't manage to do,and still the only manager to have won it 3 times.now dont get me wrong its some achievement what ferguson has done but he's had 23 years to do it                            

Edited by nosnowman - 25 Sep 2010 at 5:08am
You can discover more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of conversation-plato
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:20am
well shanks was better than paisley so whats the point in mentioning him

In fairness as a liverpool supporter i love fergie i think he is brilliant and he is defo one of the best of all time
Its very frustrating being a Slob
nosnowman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

well shanks was better than paisley so whats the point in mentioning him

In fairness as a liverpool supporter i love fergie i think he is brilliant and he is defo one of the best of all time
if your going by trophys won paisley's record is far superior so well worth mentioning him
You can discover more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of conversation-plato
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:36am
Paisley
Shankley
Ferguson
Stein
Staunton
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:57am

AS much as i dont like the man i have to give him credit were credit due hes some manager and he not finished yet

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 7:00am
as a liverpool fan i have to say he is one of the best managers in history.no doubt.dont like him but his trophy haul says it all.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

GreenGiant82 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 7:25am
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

as a liverpool fan i have to say he is one of the best managers in history.no doubt.dont like him but his trophy haul says it all.

+1.
Twitter @ciaranreid1907
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 7:37am
In time he will be looked back on as one the greatest British managers. Just hope he never takes up the England post...although he said himself that he couldn't as he would want them to lose all the time!!!!
There are friendlier places to drink.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

3 teams in a final- na cant see that happening again to be fair

LOL
Beat me to it

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!

Edited by BigPodge - 25 Sep 2010 at 8:21am
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:25am
To be a great manager you must consistently do the business in the top flight

Liverpool fans idolise Shankly and rightly so.
He was the man that started the glory days at Anfield
But, as is the case with Liverpool fans on a lot of things, they are too caught up in history and emotion

Shankly got the club to the top flight but his record regarding winning trophies is hardly out of this world.

Paisley's trophy record is far superior

But Pool fans would do well to but bias aside and look at the hard facts
Alex Ferguson has done it at the top over the years

He might be a horrible man, but when the history books are written in a 100 years, it will be Fergie and not Shankly who they will look at as the best

Agree with point above, Bob Paisley is not getting near enough credit here. Had he managed for longer, no doubt he would be the greatest

Edited by The GerK - 25 Sep 2010 at 8:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic