You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Pardew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan Pardew
    Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 9:34am
I see Pardew is getting charged by the FA with his little poke at the assistant ref on Saturday v Spurs.

What do people on here think about the 'incident'

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Nov 2016 at 6:03am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 9:59am
He has apologized and will not contest the charge,2 match touchline ban i reckon ,i watched this game and it looked like Bale brought the ball back in after it went out out of play and Spurs went on to get their shot away, so it was normal for the manager to react,he was just a bit unlucky/clumsy that the Assistant Ref  was right beside him, funniest thing about it was when he was sent to the stands, he was given an earpiece  which didnt work so he had Steve Stone and some other bloke running up and down to the dugout passing messages.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 21 Aug 2012 at 10:00am
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

He has apologized and will not contest the charge,2 match touchline ban i reckon ,i watched this game and it looked like Bale brought the ball back in after it went out out of play and Spurs went on to get their shot away, so it was normal for the manager to react,he was just a bit unlucky/clumsy that the linesman was right beside him, funniest thing about it was when he was sent to the stands, he was given an earpiece  which didnt work so he had Steve Stone and some other bloke running up and down to the dugout passing messages.

Thats was he gets for using iffy sportdirect.com equipment. Wink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:24am
Didn't see the incident but by all accounts should be given a telling off by the FA. A nothing story.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:26am
cant really lay your hands on officials though. It was a childish push but a push at the same time. Woudlnt surprise me to see him get hit with a relatively lenghty ban. 3-4 games
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:29am
Rules are rules, if it where other people such as Joey Barton, Balotelli or (dare i say it) Neil Lennon then this thread would have been up and running on Saturday evening, and of course they would be getting done by the FA

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:36am
Poor form from Pardew. He should get 3-4 games in the stands. It wasnt malicious or nasty, just a bit overly boisterous but shouldnt be tolerated.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:38am
You could see it was the heat of the moment and only a little push to say "Come on that was out of play" but as said it was a push all the same. You can't lay your hands on the officials like that. He knows he has fecked up and has said he will take the punishement and has apologised, but I still think the FA will need to give about a four match ban to set an example.

Di Canio's push on the ref wouldn't have been much harder and he got an 11 game ban. Only differance is the ref took a dive when Di Canio pushed him LOL

Edited by t_rAndy - 21 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 3:33pm
4 game touchline ban max, rap on the knuckles and learn from it.........
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:11pm
Couldn't be happier for the moaning twat. 
It's Jack Shat
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Rules are rules, if it where other people such as Joey Barton, Balotelli or (dare i say it) Neil Lennon then this thread would have been up and running on Saturday evening, and of course they would be getting done by the FA

It's Jack Shat
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:21pm
The papers in Scotland would be having special Neil Lennon pull outs yesterday, and there'd be a documentary about him on STV tonight had he done that on Saturday
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:23pm

The papers in Scotland would be having special Neil Lennon pull outs yesterday, and there'd be a documentary about him on STV tonight had he done that on Saturday

What in gods name has neil lennon got to do with this?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Fireball07 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

You could see it was the heat of the moment and only a little push to say "Come on that was out of play" but as said it was a push all the same. You can't lay your hands on the officials like that. He knows he has fecked up and has said he will take the punishement and has apologised, but I still think the FA will need to give about a four match ban to set an example.

Di Canio's push on the ref wouldn't have been much harder and he got an 11 game ban. Only differance is the ref took a dive when Di Canio pushed him LOL

This.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

What in gods name has neil lennon got to do with this?

read all posts and its quite clear.
i was using examples of other people who, had they pushed a linesman would probably be making front page headlines.
And responding to Jackshat's reply of a photo of a volcano.

Its an obvious debate really
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:17pm
In fairness lads, Barlow's right, the question is about Pardew and to be fair, he hasn't had the regular and completely OTT eruptions that Lenny has in the past.  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:56pm
Can't stand Pardew. Used to like him when he was at West Ham but he's becoming more and more of an arrogant twat, especially on the sidelines. Only just last season he gave it loads to Martin O'Neill when Newcastle got a penalty and MON rightly so went mad at him! He's done the same before celebrating in Wengers face after a last minute goal (if I remember that one correctly). I like Newcastle but the only reason I'd like to see them do crap this season is because of Pardew, I think there success last season is goin to his head. 
Ahh heya!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:55pm
Wasnt impressed when Pardew was appointed myself,gutted for Chris Hughton when he was sacked, didnt like his  reaction to MON after the penalty award but id say it was all for show to get the Geordies  behind him, but i have to say Pardew has done an amazing job, 90 %  of his signings have been brilliant, really top class footballers  at a snip of the price compared to the transfer fees today,the way he changed the system around at half time against Spurs on Saturday was impressive,he has transformed them from  Relegation candidates to a team who are back playing European football,he also done something that i never thought i would see, the fans singing  his name and are on the verge of forgiving Mike Ashley.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>
  Share Topic