You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan McLoughlin RIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan McLoughlin RIP
    Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:43pm
22 years ago today ..

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 04 May 2021 at 4:51pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:51pm
Thanks for that BB!

That was an "intense" game to say the least......IIRC I remember the devastation in George Hamilton's voice when he smacked it home....LOLLOLLOLLOL 

I vaguely remember pints 6 and 7, then after that...it all got a bit messy to say the least.....EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Alan, Alan....who the **** is Alan?
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:55pm
Very bad atmosphere at that one, probably the most hostile we ever faced.

Wasn't a great game of football and we didn't play well, but neither did they. 1-1 was a fair result.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:57pm
And then we had to watch the last few mins from Seville hoping the Danes wouldnt score.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

And then we had to watch the last few mins from Seville hoping the Danes wouldnt score.

Yes, the Spain game went on for a good five minutes longer and worse still, the Danes were still putting Spain under ferocious pressure right until the final whistle (Spain were down to 10 men and barely hanging on).
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:02pm
I think a paper the next day had a pic of both scorers with the caption -
HERO and HIERRO
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Killowen Celtic View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killowen Celtic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:03pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:06pm

I think a paper the next day had a pic of both scorers with the caption -
HERO and HIERRO

"Fernando Hierro is the Irish hero" was the headline Smile
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:08pm
Great night of football that was. Paul Bodin blowing it for Wales against Romania, David Ginola's overhit cross and Bulgaria's last minute goal to knock out the French. David Gualtieri scoring after 7 seconds against England.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

22 years ago today ..

God i remember watching it, was around 12 at the time. Good few changes since then in peoples lives i'd imagine.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:13pm

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 17 Nov 2015 at 3:18pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:13pm
On a side note..had a browse at OWC forum today. They're a bitter bunch about us qualifiying!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
Watched it downstairs in The Harp on O'Connell bridge after cancelling plans to travel due to the escalation of the troubles and the resultant lack of tickets. Place absolutely errupted when McLoughlin scored. Remember wearing the face off a real howya at full time before going up and dancing in the floozie in the jacuzzi and then going upstairs into McGraths where Murrays is now till the early hours. Good times. Think I still have the papers from the next day in the attic somewhere.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

On a side note..had a browse at OWC forum today. They're a bitter bunch about us qualifiying!

If they're such great, family-friendly fans why do they have to protect their forum? Can only imagine the bile
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

If they're such great, family-friendly fans why do they have to protect their forum? Can only imagine the bile

Which is why I, for one, am glad we can't get drawn into the same group as them. Would also prefer if the draw works out that they'll be in different parts of the country from us on any given day of the tournament tbh. We're definitely both gonna be in pot 4 tho aren't we? Thought I read that elsewhere on this forum.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 17 Nov 2015 at 8:22pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:24pm

I thought at the time that game would never end, absolute agony that was.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:28pm
It's McLoughlin not McGloughlin. You look like a damned fool when you spell it wrong!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:46pm
Seen that yeah, shocking
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic