You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airtricity League Squad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airtricity League Squad
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 1:24pm
The Airtricity League squad has been named for the Dublin Super cup.

AirtrIcity League squad

Keepers: Ger Doherty (Derry City), Gary Rogers (St Patrick's Athletic), Alan Mannus (Shamrock Rovers)

Defenders: Pat Sullivan (Shamrock Rovers), Owen Heary (Bohemians), Simon Madden (Dundalk), Stewart Greacen, Shane McEleney (Derry City), Colin Hawkins (Dundalk), Dan Murray, Craig Sives, Ken Oman (Shamrock Rovers), Danny Murphy (Cork City), Daniel Lafferty (Derry City)

Midfielders: Daniel Kearns (Dundalk), Gareth McGlynn (Derry City), Daryl Kavanagh (St Patrick's Athletic), Gary McCabe (Shamrock Rovers), Barry Molloy, Ruaidhri Higgins (Derry City), Joe Gamble (Limerick), Gary Dempsey (Bray Wanderers), Dave Mulcahy (St Patrick's Athletic), Dean Bennett (Dundalk), Ronan Finn, Conor McCormack, Stephen Rice (Shamrock Rovers), Killian Brennan (Bohemians), Ross Gaynor (Dundalk), James McClean (Derry City)

Forwards: Gary Twigg, Karl Sheppard (Shamrock Rovers), Eamon Zayed (Derry City), Jason Byrne (Dundalk), Danny North (St Patrick's Athletic)

Who is missing from the squad and who should n't be in it.

Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 1:34pm
joe gamble shouldnt be in it, surprised quigley wasnt in it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:00pm
I dont understand why any club would release their players for this. Last year it was the 1st match at Lansdowne Road so it was very kind of them to release them but this year takes the biscuit. You do wonder where the players priorities lay and do the clubs actually give a sh*t about their seasons.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:08pm
I would have thought that Eoin Doyle might have made it
Say nothing till you hear more
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

You do wonder where the players priorities lay and do the clubs actually give a sh*t about their seasons.

The general concensus would be that they are pimping themselves out to the eyes of onlooking scouts with the intention of making a name for themselves and being given a trial at a foreign club.
In that respect I can't blame them. They are doing what they feel is best for their career.

As for the clubs. If the player gets himself injured then they've only themselves to blame. But I'm sure they're happy enough to gamble on the chances of the player making a move and them getting a nice little lump sum.

In terms of the League. It's sickening. The players aren't even getting paid for what they're doing. Could you imagine the EPL approaching Rooney and the likes and offering him a spot in an EPL XI for absolutely nothing? No. It's making a joke of the League.
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:38pm
with any luck pats will still be involed in europe
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

4 goals and 4 assists in the last game and a half

TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:46pm

Legend
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by TangyZizzle TangyZizzle wrote:

Legend
What exactly is that based on, his one good season for Pats. Quigley is another example of a wasted talent and the tackle last year were he smashed up the Pats player's leg was most definitly short of legendary status.

On the Airtricity squad it s a disgrace David Cassidy and Stephen Paisley weren't included. Casso has been the best player in the first division by a country mile
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

Legend
What exactly is that based on, his one good season for Pats. Quigley is another example of a wasted talent and the tackle last year were he smashed up the Pats player's leg was most definitly short of legendary status.

On the Airtricity squad it s a disgrace David Cassidy and Stephen Paisley weren't included. Casso has been the best player in the first division by a country mile

still get a chuckle when i see shels in the first - shame because they could have done with a few years humiliation after their cheating of everyone else. would love shels in the cup sometime
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:25pm
damien richarson getting abuse in bray tonight from the dundalk fans after not picking quigs

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

Legend

still get a chuckle when i see shels in the first - shame because they could have done with a few years humiliation after their cheating of everyone else. would love shels in the cup sometime
Won t be in the First Division for too much longer. I still get a chuckle everytime I hear the name Paul Marney. As for the cheating of everyone else I'd love to hear your examples
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

I would have thought that Eoin Doyle might have made it

No Sligo players in it, they will be in European action
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic