Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 220>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Aiden getting linked with a move to Hibs.

Suppose there could be something in it with Lee Johnson having been his manager at Sunderland.

I'd be surprised if he went back up north given the abuse he got at grounds up there. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad this time around
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:21am
How many assists did he get for Ireland?
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:50am
He assisted holohan who assisted the brady freight train against Italy
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:05am
Absolutely class for Sunderland, my favourite player for the club over the last ten years I'd say. 

Could still well do a job in the Scottish League if he keeps himself fit. Still had a bit of acceleration last time I saw him.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:52am
Would love to see him play a season in LOI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

He assisted holohan who assisted the brady freight train against Italy
And the assist for our only goal at Euro 2012
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

How many assists did he get for Ireland?

12 assists for Ireland
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by BlackKat BlackKat wrote:

Absolutely class for Sunderland, my favourite player for the club over the last ten years I'd say. 

Could still well do a job in the Scottish League if he keeps himself fit. Still had a bit of acceleration last time I saw him.
I’d be absolutely amazed if he goes back to Scotland after his comments this week 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Would love to see him play a season in LOI

Clap

I absolutely love McGeady Heart
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:18pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1529757231809302528

Some lovely goals here.

A class act highly respected by the Sunderland fans.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 7:18pm
Had a medical at Hibs this week so looks to be heading there next season subject to agreeing personal terms.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:25pm
Took a couple of weeks but he's now confirmed as a Hibs player. Should have a year left in him at SPL level. Hopefully he doesn't get too much abuse in away grounds around Scotland for choosing Ireland like he used to, but you'd fear he still might. It doesn't take much to wind Scottish football supporters up in a lot of those places.

Hearts fans already lining up to give him abuse over it anyway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 24 Jun 2022 at 9:28pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 4:58pm
Could make his return from injury against Rangers at Ibrox this day week: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/aiden-mcgeady-makes-hibs-injury-25704816.amp.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 10:14pm
Looks to have done his hamstring. Will be hoping to get back for the last five or six games of the season. This will probably be his last year in football, he only has a Hibs contract until the summer and he just seems too injury prone at this stage to go on much longer.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 5:07pm
Injury confirmed as a season ender - out for four to six months. That's probably the end of the road for Aiden I'd say.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Injury confirmed as a season ender - out for four to six months. That's probably the end of the road for Aiden I'd say.

Last time I saw Aiden in a green jersey was the match in Warsaw, where we had them under the cosh for the last 15 minutes and just needed a goal to qualify and he kept ballooning crosses over the byline and had a red face like an aul lad playing up in Bushy Park. Very frustrating for all the natural talent he had. 

Wasted potential and will only really be remembered for the goal against Georgia. Should have stayed out in Russia, even though he was getting death threats towards the end. Wasted away at Everton instead of playing ball and that was the ending of him. 

Edited by dangere_here - 03 Mar 2023 at 6:19pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 6:31pm
He was MOTM in that game AFAIK.

Edit - I am thinking of the friendly in 2013.

Edited by horsebox - 03 Mar 2023 at 6:35pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 220>
  Share Topic