Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 220>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:04pm
Joint top assists in all 4 divisions, level with Bruno Fernandes, who has played 21 games more than McGeady.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Joint top assists in all 4 divisions, level with Bruno Fernandes, who has played 21 games more than McGeady.

Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:42pm
Even if McGeady isn't fully appreciated by the Irish supporters, the opposition teams in our qualifying group would certainly appreciate his threat given his quick feet. No disrespect mean't by this but they would rather face players like Curtis/McClean/Robinson out on the left as they don't have the dribbling ability that McGeady has. 

McGeady could win us frees to relieve pressure against Portugal and invite fouls in dangerous positions against the weaker opponents in our group. 

Anything less than 4 points against Azerbaijan & Serbia in September will be a disaster.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Even if McGeady isn't fully appreciated by the Irish supporters, the opposition teams in our qualifying group would certainly appreciate his threat given his quick feet. No disrespect mean't by this but they would rather face players like Curtis/McClean/Robinson out on the left as they don't have the dribbling ability that McGeady has. 

McGeady could win us frees to relieve pressure against Portugal and invite fouls in dangerous positions against the weaker opponents in our group. 

Anything less than 4 points against Azerbaijan & Serbia in September will be a disaster.

The group is already a disaster. Realistically, less than 3 points (not beating Azerbaijan) would be a continuation of that disaster.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The group is already a disaster. Realistically, less than 3 points (not beating Azerbaijan) would be a continuation of that disaster.

It is alright and irrespective of all the things that have gone against Kenny, losing at home to Luxembourg isn't acceptable. It's damage limitation for the rest of the group and we need to try and make sure we finish in 3rd spot. 

If it comes down to the last game away to Luxembourg in their new stadium presumably with fans attending, I wouldn't fancy us if we needed the win. Hopefully by the time that game comes round, we may just need a draw. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:52pm
Offered a new contract per Sunderland's official Instagram acc.

Salary clauses length etc completely unknown atm as you'd expect.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Offered a new contract per Sunderland's official Instagram acc.

Salary clauses length etc completely unknown atm as you'd expect.

Quality contract. Cool
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:22pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:19pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 8:03pm
Getting the axe at the end of the season according to reports.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Getting the axe at the end of the season according to reports.

Hardly a surprise, 36 soon having missed most of the season with serious knee ligament injury and out of contract in the summer anyway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:57am
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:23am
He's still class imo, I didn't think he had a bad start to the season, the whole team did. He still managed a couple of goals and a few assists, and that when playing with an injury.

He still had that acceleration too which is hopefully still there, undoubtedly the best player in League One on his day.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 1:38pm
Our most naturally talented footballer in my lifetime 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 9:17am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Really? I would put Wes in front of him on the basis of natural talent. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Really? I would put Wes in front of him on the basis of natural talent. 

Close call but his early years at Celtic were enough to gain the praise of Lionel Messi! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:27am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:30am
Aiden getting linked with a move to Hibs.

Suppose there could be something in it with Lee Johnson having been his manager at Sunderland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 220>
  Share Topic