You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 220>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:26pm
Mick is strange as Mon/roy.....he Said. judge was needed because he was the beat attacking mid ...didnt see any minute of football at all.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Mick is strange as Mon/roy.....he Said. judge was needed because he was the beat attacking mid ...didnt see any minute of football at all.

no matter what manager you have they always seem strange to someone. we all have our own preferences and ways of doing things so as long as he does not go too mad it should be ok. remember not so long ago david meyler was capt of Ireland. Ya capt. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

The stats are much what you'd expect of a winger playing regularly in the championship.
He's not performed at the the top level , either in the Premier league or internationally and his performances for us have deteriorated over the years to the point of becoming a caricature of himself. He's not going to get any better now that he is...... officially..... 33 and playing in league 1.

Pretty much what you'd expect, are you having a laugh? LOL A cursory search will confirm that's nonsense. Ezgjan Alioski, for example, who has played more games for arguably the best Championship side this season, has managed 7 goals and 5 assists (ie the same as McGeady's total for last year for the worst team in the division, managed in fewer appearances)....

If you are going to be playing a winger in addition to the primary centre forward you would be expecting them to be your secondary source of goals and seven seems a reasonable expectation of what their tally should be over the season. If you look at championships players who play that winger/attacking wide midfielder role and have been consistently throughout the season then most have five or six goals to their name already(with the odd underperforming exception such as McClean), if not more, so no in answer to your question I am definitively not 'having a laugh'

Edited by Conan - 04 Apr 2019 at 3:42pm
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:41pm
People also forget that while he had good spells at some clubs, he had some horrific ones also. Wednesday - 1 goal in 13, was frozen out fairly fast.

I certainly wouldnt put him in the bracket of "setting the division alight" and I'm a Leeds fan I've suffered enough of the damn division at this rate. He's solid, can be very good, can be very bad, hence overall - solid at that level. I was a tad harsh on him in my first post but likewise I think people thinking he'd storm the league are being a tad optimistic....

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

People also forget that while he had good spells at some clubs, he had some horrific ones also. Wednesday - 1 goal in 13, was frozen out fairly fast.

I certainly wouldnt put him in the bracket of "setting the division alight" and I'm a Leeds fan I've suffered enough of the damn division at this rate. He's solid, can be very good, can be very bad, hence overall - solid at that level. I was a tad harsh on him in my first post but likewise I think people thinking he'd storm the league are being a tad optimistic....

So he had an underwhelming 13 games on loan, what about the the 70+ other Championship games were he was excellent? Surely one of those is far more telling than the others. The lad is a class act; bar perhaps Robbie Keane, he was far and away our most important player in the Trapattoni era, way more influential than supposed legends like Duff. Even as a bit part player under O'Neill, he usually created 1 good chance on the rare occasions he played. The fact that people can't see just how brilliant he has been for us is a crying shame; we really have no appreciation for flare players. We get what we deserve with dull grafters like McClean.
We're decent enough..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:43pm
LOL this flute is really outdoing himself today, the gift that keeps on giving LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:50pm

You are judging a player who has been playing senior football for 15 years on a 3 month loan spell? Whilst it was a poor spel, he went and joined Preston 2 months later and excelled and got player of the season, scoring some excellent goals along the way.

The Portsmouth fans were raving about him the other day after he ran the show in Wembley, after scoring 2 goals and a peno.

On the same day, Preston fans were arguing whether he was the best ever player to play for them.

The reality is that he's playing very well and scoring goals, albeit at L2, not many other Irish footballers are doing the same.

Alan Judge got called in ahead of him, and has 0 goals and 0 assists, yet McGeady has 12 goals and 5 assists (at a lower division).

He should, at least make the squad.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You are judging a player who has been playing senior football for 15 years on a 3 month loan spell? Whilst it was a poor spel, he went and joined Preston 2 months later and excelled and got player of the season, scoring some excellent goals along the way.

The Portsmouth fans were raving about him the other day after he ran the show in Wembley, after scoring 2 goals and a peno.

On the same day, Preston fans were arguing whether he was the best ever player to play for them.

The reality is that he's playing very well and scoring goals, albeit at L2, not many other Irish footballers are doing the same.

Alan Judge got called in ahead of him, and has 0 goals and 0 assists, yet McGeady has 12 goals and 5 assists (at a lower division).

He should, at least make the squad.
LOL That's funny. And Finney too.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 6:28pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:08pm
Apparently broke his foot against Accrington, but is planning to finish the season with painkilling injections. His commitment (and performances) have been 1st class for Sunderland.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Apparently broke his foot against Accrington, but is planning to finish the season with painkilling injections. His commitment (and performances) have been 1st class for Sunderland.
Exactly he has been doing very little training between matches.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:06pm
McGeady and Dunne miss out on promotion with Sunderland. I wonder will he hang around there another year? They'll be desperate to keep him but he'll surely have Championship suitors, even at 33.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:53pm
I would highly doubt they'll be looking to offload their POTY... AFAIK his wages were reduced upon relegation to L1 anyway.
We're decent enough..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:09pm
Also depends if his contract is up. If he doesn't have another year on it, he's a free agent. He might not want to move, he might. All depends where the family are settled, I suppose.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:52pm
It will depend on if Sunderland can shift Cattermole and Oviedo who are on 40k and 30k respectively.

McGeady is next in line but the club would most certainly prefer to move on the former 2 if they can’t then Aido would likely be moved on
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 2:38pm
I wonder has he played his last game for Ireland. 

Would McCarthy have called him into the squad if he wasn't injured the last while?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:47pm
I can see Mc geady at Leeds next campaign. That was Bielsa got wrong. Old shoulders! not many butba few. The same for the national team since hoolahan is gone we need someone like Mcgeady around. For me a great Player and he shouldnt be in L1. His mistake was at Everton he should have tried spain or italy instead!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 220>
  Share Topic