You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aer Lingus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 2:32am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

That's the spirit, if a worker has a grievance and has been pushed to the extreme of striking, sack them, then replace them with worse off people wo will accept less and less conditions. 

If workers walk out on the job, measures must be put in place to deter them doing so in the future. They shouldnt be allowed to hold the country to ransom whenever they feel like it. The world goes on.

At all times, you have supported those who refuse to do the job they're paid for. You don't seem to either see the damage it does to their company or consider the customers who keep them in a job and pay their wages. It's them I feel sorry for, not employees who refuse to comply with the demands of a change of work roster.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 9:01am
So strikers shouldn't be able to hold the public to ransom, but bosses can hold employees to ransom? I think I understand
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

So strikers shouldn't be able to hold the public to ransom, but bosses can hold employees to ransom? I think I understand
waste of time Clonbhoy.
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:39am
If it weren't for striking working conditions would be alot worse! Through strike action over the decades is a reason i have the right/correct PPE at hand and better working conditions and fair pay.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:40am
Originally posted by JohnnyD87 JohnnyD87 wrote:

If it weren't for striking working conditions would be alot worse! Through strike action over the decades is a reason i have the right/correct PPE at hand and better working conditions and fair pay.

Categorically wrong and you're talking through your arse.*

*According to planning.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

*According to planning.

He's welcome to express his/your view on that. Ballots are done and a working party is in place before strike action is taken, if bosses refuse to agree to "sit round" a table and discuss issues/concerns then the employees cant be to blame for resortin to strike action!
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

That's the spirit, if a worker has a grievance and has been pushed to the extreme of striking, sack them, then replace them with worse off people wo will accept less and less conditions. 

If workers walk out on the job, measures must be put in place to deter them doing so in the future. They shouldnt be allowed to hold the country to ransom whenever they feel like it. The world goes on.

At all times, you have supported those who refuse to do the job they're paid for. You don't seem to either see the damage it does to their company or consider the customers who keep them in a job and pay their wages. It's them I feel sorry for, not employees who refuse to comply with the demands of a change of work roster.
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:48am
"Refuse to do the job they're paid for"
If a company is changing working rosters that isn't what the employee signed up for
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:51am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

*According to planning.

He's welcome to express his/your view on that. Ballots are done and a working party is in place before strike action is taken, if bosses refuse to agree to "sit round" a table and discuss issues/concerns then the employees cant be to blame for resortin to strike action!

I'm all for their strike action. Read back through the thread and you'll see his opinions on it, make the most sense of it that you can.

Edited by The Huntacha - 18 Jun 2014 at 11:52am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 12:01pm
Striking is always and will always be the last resort. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't a breeze what they're on about.
In an ideal world there'd be no need for unions and and the LRC etc but sadly it's companies abuse of position and staff which is what have us in these circumstances today. Profit should not the be all and end all
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 12:24pm
The IBOA and a strike by another union got me on to a defined benefit pension nearly 8 years ago Clap.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic