You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional Virgin media point in house?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional Virgin media point in house?
    Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:33pm
Looking to get an additional tv point from virgin into another room in the gaf. costs 60 quid to get an engineer to come out and run the coax

question: I can run a coax cable from where my existing wall point is in the sitting room to the new location about 10 metres away or do i need to get the engineer to come and do a run from the main point on the outside?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:52am
just run the coax. I did it years ago before I seen the light and ended my turbulent relationship with them. Just use a splitter on the original point so its still usable. There used to be a splitter that came with each box but if not you can pick them up cheap anyway. 
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

just run the coax. I did it years ago before I seen the light and ended my turbulent relationship with them. Just use a splitter on the original point so its still usable. There used to be a splitter that came with each box but if not you can pick them up cheap anyway. 

does it need another virgin media box on the end of it though Sham? And does it mean you get all the virgin media channels/kids channels etc?

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

does it need another virgin media box on the end of it though Sham? And does it mean you get all the virgin media channels/kids channels etc?

No you’ll only get the 15 or whatever stations come on the old plan. You’ll need a second box 
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

No you’ll only get the 15 or whatever stations come on the old plan. You’ll need a second box 

Thumbs Up
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:55pm

Thumbs Up
they also are shutting down the analogue system gradually, so won't be around forever. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thumbs Up
they also are shutting down the analogue system gradually, so won't be around forever. 
what Tom says. The old analogue is gone around my way from April. Yeah another box count although why dont you just get an IPTV sub...
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 9:27pm

what Tom says. The old analogue is gone around my way from April. Yeah another box count although why dont you just get an IPTV sub...

talk to me Sham, whats the story here?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:07pm
all your channels for a once off annual sub usually around €40-60 depending who you go with. All through the t’internet to an app on your smart tv if you have one or a amzon fire stick, or receiver..whatever suits. 
Google flawless iptv or royaltytv and have a nosy
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:45am
Flawless seems to have done a runner.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:42am
I was on an IPTV last year, switched over to the Firestick version this year, very slick.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:46am
On the original point, the analogue is being turned off where I am in the next couple of days.

You can run the coax yourself but you could get a text a few days afterwards saying that they are turning it off next week. We didn't get a heap of notice.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm

all your channels for a once off annual sub usually around €40-60 depending who you go with. All through the t’internet to an app on your smart tv if you have one or a amzon fire stick, or receiver..whatever suits. 
Google flawless iptv or royaltytv and have a nosy

which one you use SHam?

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I was on an IPTV last year, switched over to the Firestick version this year, very slick.

what app / yoke you use as will be smart tv so no need for firestick?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:26pm

I have smart TV and used Smart IPTV app on that. The interface was clunky tho, tough to browse through cahnnels and scheduels etc so for the same of a €50 firestick it makes it all a lot more smooth.

THe same sub worked for both - provided by @newshowhost
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:53pm

I have smart TV and used Smart IPTV app on that. The interface was clunky tho, tough to browse through cahnnels and scheduels etc so for the same of a €50 firestick it makes it all a lot more smooth.

Im confused by what the firestick does different though shedite, is it no the same app or it just works better on the firestick? 

whats the proper web link to pay @newshowhost as that just a twitter handle?

ta Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm

Im confused by what the firestick does different though shedite, is it no the same app or it just works better on the firestick? 

ta Clap
That's the twitter handle of the guy who runs it, Dm him and you pay via paypal.I'm on my second year now (think Sono sent me his details).

No the firestick is a different app to SmartIPTV. The subscription you buy is a list of channels basicall (about 1400), then you need an app to play them. The SmartIPTV app is fine, works grand when you know you're just going to Sky Sport Football to watch a game. The firestick app has a proper Sky interface so you can scroll through a planner, see what's up next etc. 

Both give you the same channels and quality, the €50 firestick is just a luxury to make it a bit more user friendly.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:44pm

ta Clap
That's the twitter handle of the guy who runs it, Dm him and you pay via paypal.I'm on my second year now (think Sono sent me his details).

No the firestick is a different app to SmartIPTV. The subscription you buy is a list of channels basicall (about 1400), then you need an app to play them. The SmartIPTV app is fine, works grand when you know you're just going to Sky Sport Football to watch a game. The firestick app has a proper Sky interface so you can scroll through a planner, see what's up next etc. 

Both give you the same channels and quality, the €50 firestick is just a luxury to make it a bit more user friendly.

thanks. whats link to firestick shedite or is it just buy a normal one and install the app? Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:24pm

ta Clap

thanks. whats link to firestick shedite or is it just buy a normal one and install the app? Thumbs Up
inhave the amazon fitre tv box. Just a cushy version of the stick. Just down laod the smart iptv app in its app store. A few mins playing with it and youll ave it sorted, couldnt be simpler. I just had to send the mac address to my lad and it was then activated in seconds. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic