You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Rooney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adam Rooney
    Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:35am

Striker Adam Rooney is confident Inverness are more than equipped for life back in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

Caley Thistle begin life back in the top flight at home to Celtic on Saturday after winning the Irn-Bru First Division title by 12 points following a 21-game unbeaten league run. Rooney, 22, was voted the division's player of the season and he is eager to take his form into the SPL.

"We've had a really good pre-season, the first couple of weeks were tough with all the running but the trip to Blackpool was excellent and helped the team bond together," the Irishman said. "We'll be up for every game this year no matter who we play, home or away we're just keen to get the three points from every game."

He continued: "It's definitely different from last year because everyone had to get used to being relegated from the SPL and I don't think too many had experienced that before.

"A few new lads came in and it took time for everybody to gel and get to know each other, and when it did click we showed what a good team we can be."

Rooney, who was signed by Craig Brewster, ended his first campaign in Scotland with six goals to his name as the Highlanders slipped down a division.

However, last season he netted 27 goals to become Caley Thistle's main goal threat. But the former Stoke player is not overly focused on goal targets this season.

"Nobody has put me under any pressure to score a certain amount of goals," he said. "It will just be up to me to grab as many goals as I can just like last year.

"A lot of guys chipped in with goals last year, Richie Foran grabbed 16 and Johnny Hayes got 10, so there's definitely goals throughout the team and we'll need everyone scoring this season.

"There's a lot of experience in the side, with some guys having played all five seasons in the SPL and there's a good mix in the squad at the moment. The younger lads will provide the energy and the older guys will keep us in check. But we'll need to work as a team just as we did last year."

Edited by Propagandhi® - 13 Aug 2010 at 9:35am
Sponsored Links

Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:36am
Foran>Rooney

Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 1:26pm
Scored again at weekend. Could he develop his game and move back to a premier league team?

He has scored 32 goals in 67 games since going to Inverness, and is 22 years of age
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 3:12pm
would prob benefit more going to a good championship team. I couldnt see a top premier league team taking him and there wouldnt be much point in him going to blackpool or someone like that.....
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 7:38pm
Hopefully the fai have been in touch with this lad. Ya never know he could be brilliant in a few years.
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Hopefully the fai have been in touch with this lad. Ya never know he could be brilliant in a few years.

He's an under 21 international and is from Dublin.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

He's an under 21 international and is from Dublin.

They are probably yet to get in touch LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:26am
At the risk of upsettting your sensitive side prop, should this not be in the rest of the world section?? It's more an article on Caley Thistle than it is on Rooney and has no mention of Ireland at all.

You don't have to post up every single article on Irish players, most of us don't care that Kevin Kilbane thinks Hull should be "savy to the threat of championship football"

...queue annoyed response
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 6:47am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

At the risk of upsettting your sensitive side prop, should this not be in the rest of the world section?? It's more an article on Caley Thistle than it is on Rooney and has no mention of Ireland at all.

You don't have to post up every single article on Irish players, most of us don't care that Kevin Kilbane thinks Hull should be "savy to the threat of championship football"

Erm, thats the main reason I visit this forum, to read the articles that Prop copys and pastes
Propagandhi® View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Erm, thats the main reason I visit this forum, to read the articles that Prop copys and pastes
The copy and paste insults have been done to death. At least I'm able to form an opinion about Irish and Foreign football as well. 75% of the people on this forum use it just to talk about their holidays to Armenia and Macedonia or their asinine opinions or trolling or at best platitudes. At least what I do is productive. And as for Adam Rooney. He's 22, and Irish and playing at the highest level of Scottish football. I can make a thread about people like him if I want. We've been through this before. For every menopausal dipsh*t like you who moans about it, there are people who like every facet of Irish football and like hearing about players they otherwise aren't too aware of.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:19am
Did you mean to direct that post at me? I was being serious, not sarcastic, I do come here for the articles on Irish players in all leagues and levels. I didn't mean copy and paste as an insult.

I was disagreeing with seaniemac, and expressing my appreciations for info on Irish players collected from various websites.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Did you mean to direct that post at me? I was being serious, not sarcastic, I do come here for the articles on Irish players in all leagues and levels. I didn't mean copy and paste as an insult.

I was disagreeing with seaniemac, and expressing my appreciations for info on Irish players collected from various websites.
My bad. I'm just preconditioned to be insulted. Thanks buddy. Much appreciated.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:46am

Caley Thistle forward Adam Rooney hit a career milestone of 50 career goals after netting a double in the Highland club's 3-0 League Cup win over Peterhead in Inverness last night.

The 22-year-old netted 27 times for the Caley Jags in a prolific campaign in the First Division last term – and was also on target for Stoke City, Chesterfield and Bury on loan before moving north.

The Irish forward has made the step up to the SPL with ease, scoring twice in the four-goal thrashing of Dundee United then adding another two against the Blue Toon.

He said: “It is a nice achievement to score my 50th career goal.

“Throughout my whole career I have been aiming to hit that mark and I am glad I have got it out the way. Hopefully, I can double that in the next few seasons with Caley Thistle.

“I knew I was close after last season and I wanted to get 50 as soon as I could this season.

“The main thing is the team are doing well and we have started off the season brightly.

“We look strong defensively, we are solid across the middle and going forward we look capable of scoring goals every time.

“We’ll look to continue that against Hamilton Accies on Saturday."

Rooney believes the Caley Jags will flourish in the SPL this term after surprising many observers by dismantling Dundee United with ease at Tannadice.

He added: “We look forward to every game in the SPL. We want to playing against the top teams and there is no pressure on us.

“I have never been put under pressure by the manager or any of the other players. I had a good season last season, as did the whole team, and coming into this season we felt confident.

“It was a great night for us against Peterhead, a 3-0 win, and we took our foot of the gas a bit in the second half.

“I never doubted I could keep scoring after last season. We are creating chances. I had quite a few against Dundee United and to get another two goals against Peterhead was great.

“I am always confident that if the team creates chances I will get on the end of them.

“As long as we can keep it going in the next few weeks and pick up a few more points in the league we will be happy."

petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:52am
Good lad, and to think that I use to tell him and his brother Mark to get the fcuk out of the tree at the end of me garden. Big%20smile

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:21am
good lad but he needs to get out of scotand and maybe get a championship club.
baddler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:28am
to be honest I think he's pretty much found his level.  Was never too impressed with him when he played for the u21s. 

If we're looking for lanky mediocre strikers that play/used to play in Scotland then I think Cillian Sheridan has that place sewn up...
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:35am

why is he not in the u21 squad.

petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

why is he not in the u21 squad.

Because he is 22 Wink

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic