Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 99>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

jesus O’Shea, i admire your optimism and enthusiasm for Irish players and indeed share it, but come on man why are u so sensitive towards any criticism to our players? do u ever think any irish player has been out of form or maybe won’t live up to hype/expectations?

Do I ever think an Irish player is out of form in a game where they score two goals? Would you listen to yourself t'f**k LOL

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Feb 2024 at 5:10pm
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 5:10pm
This is definitely a new one lol

Maniac
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 5:37pm
Why anyone even responds to him anymore is beyond me.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

jesus O’Shea, i admire your optimism and enthusiasm for Irish players and indeed share it, but come on man why are u so sensitive towards any criticism to our players? do u ever think any irish player has been out of form or maybe won’t live up to hype/expectations?

Do I ever think an Irish player is out of form in a game where they score two goals? Would you listen to yourself t'f**k LOL

he scored two penalties. and i wasn’t referring to idah in particular but it seems that no Irish player can do now wrong. it’s incredible, and it makes it hard to take u seriously that’s all!!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:30pm

he scored two penalties. and i wasn’t referring to idah in particular but it seems that no Irish player can do now wrong. it’s incredible, and it makes it hard to take u seriously that’s all!!

We have a situation where a young striker has moved to a new team - and he's managed two goals and an assist in 170 minutes of play, along with his team winning in the 3 games he's appeared; but we still have many on here trying to tell us he's actually been performing poorly LOL It'd be hilarious if it weren't symptomatic of the near misanthropic attitude many Irish "fans" seem to reserve for their own players and team. 
We're decent enough..
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:49pm

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

2 scoring penalties aside he hasn't been great

Missed some very good chances

He's played about 170 minutes, has 2 goals and an assist, and Celtic have won the 3 games he's been involved in. For all of the hysteria about missed chances against Hibs, there was only one featured on the 6 minute official SPL highlight reel (where he struck the crossbar and was subsequently ruled offside anyway) - so clearly they weren't as notable as some of you have tried to make out.

He had 2 or 3 chances that were both decent and onside and he missed them. Fact. I watched the game, not just some 5 minute highlights reel, like you did. Kept a cool head against Hibs when it was needed, but he’s not exactly Moussa Dembele. 
He started two games, both victories; the game he came off the bench was a draw. He’s done okay, more power to him. 

Edited by Fitz - 12 Feb 2024 at 6:56pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:53pm

We have a situation where a young striker has moved to a new team - and he's managed two goals and an assist in 170 minutes of play, along with his team winning in the 3 games he's appeared; but we still have many on here trying to tell us he's actually been performing poorly LOL It'd be hilarious if it weren't symptomatic of the near misanthropic attitude many Irish "fans" seem to reserve for their own players and team

Yes, it’s only guys like you that are real fans, isn’t it? And Celtic won 2 of the games he played, not 3, bedwetter.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Why anyone even responds to him anymore is beyond me.

Is he 15? That might explain it. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 7:12pm
@O'Shea 

A lot of the regular posters on this forum aren't "fans" but home and away supporters of the Irish national team. 

We all have a huge interest in how our players are getting on at club level and as this is a forum,there'll be both criticism and praise when it's warranted. Every player has bad and good days so there's no bad faith arguments coming from the majority of posters on here that support our team even if it offends your sensibilities. 

There's nothing wrong if you think people are going overboard with criticism on a particular player but on every thread on any Irish player you clutch your pearls and default to your irrational defense of the said player. 

Just to add Mikey Johnston is my favourite current Irish player but he gets a lot of criticism from the Celtic fans/supporters on here but I don't start attacking them even if I think the criticism might be a bit harsh, because (a) They've seen his performances at club level more than me and (b) They're also fans/supporters of our national team and their criticisms are made in good faith. 

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Feb 2024 at 7:19pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 7:18pm
Aye, it's hard to see how you can base your argument on six minutes of highlights when others have watched the full game. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@O'Shea 

A lot of the regular posters on this forum aren't "fans" but home and away supporters of the Irish national team. 

We all have a huge interest in how our players are getting on at club level and as this is a forum,there'll be both criticism and praise when it's warranted. Every player has bad and good days so there's no bad faith arguments coming from the majority of posters on here that support our team even if it offends your sensibilities. 

There's nothing wrong if you think people are going overboard with criticism on a particular player but on every thread on any Irish player you clutch your pearls and default to your irrational defense of the said player. 

Just to add Mikey Johnston is my favourite current Irish player but he gets a lot of criticism from the Celtic fans/supporters on here but I don't start attacking them even if I think the criticism might be a bit harsh, because (a) They've seen his performances at club level more than me and (b) They're also fans/supporters of our national team and they're criticisms are made in good faith. 

Hear, hear! Clap
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 7:27pm
Sorry, but there's a common denominator in why these threads are constantly derailed like this. We're a bunch of adults on a football forum, you should be free to say you feel a player performed poor without being trolled every single time you do with responses of clown emojis and being told you are somewhat lesser of real fan for criticising an Irish player. Not so long ago a lot of posters were labelled(quite ironically) "armchair fans" for daring to criticise an Irish player on an Irish forum. 
Tapo View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 9:02pm
Saw the game and thought he did alright. Had a couple of chances on another day maybe he puts one away. You’d imagine it’ll take him a bit of time to settle in and get a bit sharper. He didn’t get much service either to be honest. It seemed like he, Kyogo and Palma aren’t fully on the same page yet.

But two goals and an assist in two games is a good start and will give him a bit of confidence.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 10:51am
Its a decent start at Celtic without setting the world on fire.  But for some context, by my reckoning he's only completed 90 mins twice since start of season with Norwich, and since Christmas he barely got a look in with them as obvious he was moving.  Story of his career really so far, hopefully he can get a good run of decent game time, and can develop his game a bit.  
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 2:51pm
Arrived and had 3 games in quick succession. Will be interesting to see how he gets on today with his linkup play and general sharpness after a full training with squad.
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 3:24pm
Is that game on TV in Ireland/UK? Anyone know what channel? Trying to find it on IPTV.
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
CillDara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 1:11pm
Just scored a brilliant header 5 minutes after coming on at HT. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 1:14pm
Good header that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 99>
  Share Topic