Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 98>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

The 2 penalties only paper over his inadequacies in front of goal from open play though. You can be sure that at 1-1 the Celtic fans were cursing him for the few chances he missed and he butchered a simple pass after winning the ball on the sideline to what would have ended up a tap in most probably. Great for us hes playing and i hope it goes well for him but i wouldn't be putting my savings on it just yet.
That's the spirit.

It's got nothing to do with spirit. My spirit isn't going to make him score goals from open play. It's the facts there in front of you. Norwich loaned him out for a reason. i hope he scores a bucket load but i have my doubts and last night didn't change that. Peno's aside.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I didn’t see the game but surely he should be given a few games to sharpen up and adapt to playing with a new team. 2 goals and an assist in one start and another 20 min cameo should buy him a bit of credit 

Not only that, it literally couldn't have gone any better for him.

His confidence must be sky high now - it was his 2 goals have won Celtic the game - in the 92nd minute too.

This is a great start for him.

Only watched the last 30 minutes and it didn't look like that - Thought he showed endeavour but couldn't make much stick for him including the bad miss. 
Hopefully he continues to get more game time between now and the end of the season and then gets himself a starting place at Norwich going into next season. 
You should tune in to ybig tv. You’ll see it from a different angle. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 11:50am

The 2 penalties only paper over his inadequacies in front of goal from open play though. You can be sure that at 1-1 the Celtic fans were cursing him for the few chances he missed and he butchered a simple pass after winning the ball on the sideline to what would have ended up a tap in most probably. Great for us hes playing and i hope it goes well for him but i wouldn't be putting my savings on it just yet.
That's the spirit.

It's got nothing to do with spirit. My spirit isn't going to make him score goals from open play. It's the facts there in front of you. Norwich loaned him out for a reason. i hope he scores a bucket load but i have my doubts and last night didn't change that. Peno's aside.

The fact is he scored two goals in his first start. Hopefully with a few more starts backed by a manager who seems to believe in him who doesn't hook him after 60/70 mins because he hasn't scored from open play will see him score plenty more. If he is still missing chances from open play & not scoring in a couple of games time i'll start to worry.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 12:32pm

That's the spirit.

Fair enough but he's played 120mins for Celtic in a different set up/squad/league/pressure environment and he has 2 goals and 1 assist, regardless if they're penalties or not. He still has to step up and put them away. I had the same view of thinking when he was at Norwich but just find it a bit odd that after just over 1 game, people still find a way to knock the lad or use it to have a go at Scottish football. He's started well, hopefully it continues.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 08 Feb 2024 at 12:33pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 1:02pm
Maybe the SFA should show initiative and introduce 'special teams' for penalties. Adam comes on, scores his pens and goes off again. Jokong aside, 10 out of 10 for his pens last night, 5.5 out of 10 for other play. Hope the lad does great and has a great career, just can't see it. Serious amount of pressure playing CF for Celtic, more pressure than he will have ever experienced before. Hope he can cope. Duffy went there to resurrect his career but was found badly wanting, but to his credit he has rebounded well.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Block301 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Block301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I didn’t see the game but surely he should be given a few games to sharpen up and adapt to playing with a new team. 2 goals and an assist in one start and another 20 min cameo should buy him a bit of credit 
Thought he was excellent for us in the Holland game, made life extremely uncomfortable for Van Dyke.
Well Dick van Dyke is 98 now. I'd make life uncomfortable for him.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Block301 Block301 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Thought he was excellent for us in the Holland game, made life extremely uncomfortable for Van Dyke.
Well Dick van Dyke is 98 now. I'd make life uncomfortable for him.
LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 7:45pm
Hooked on the hour today. Injured or poor?
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Not great, tbf. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Not great, tbf. 
Anonymous to be pair, bar a few decent touches.Celtics pedestrian build up and opponents playing deep dont suit his game. Might do better at  Celtic Park with the bigger pitch and be able to find more space.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Not great, tbf. 
Anonymous to be pair, bar a few decent touches.Celtics pedestrian build up and opponents playing deep dont suit his game. Might do better at  Celtic Park with the bigger pitch and be able to find more space.

To be fair, though, they’ve been better with him than without him so far. No way is he a natural goal-scorer but he’s a better physical presence than Kyogo, and Kyogo playing behind him is a lot better than either of them up front on their own. 

Edited by Fitz - 12 Feb 2024 at 12:00am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 2:10pm
2 scoring penalties aside he hasn't been great

Missed some very good chances
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

He's played about 170 minutes, has 2 goals and an assist, and Celtic have won the 3 games he's been involved in. For all of the hysteria about missed chances against Hibs, there was only one featured on the 6 minute official SPL highlight reel (where he struck the crossbar and was subsequently ruled offside anyway) - so clearly they weren't as notable as some of you have tried to make out.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's played about 170 minutes, has 2 goals and an assist, and Celtic have won the 3 games he's been involved in. For all of the hysteria about missed chances against Hibs, there was only one featured on the 6 minute official SPL highlight reel (where he struck the crossbar and was subsequently ruled offside anyway) - so clearly they weren't as notable as some of you have tried to make out.

Ya the other misses didn't happen against Hibs cause you didn't see them on a highlights reel. That's how it works.
I love beer gardens
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 3:29pm

I watched the game. 
He missed plenty & I'm on his side.
I counted five, two had to score & three could have scored.
Ireland would create one, maybe two, of types of chance he missed in a game, which is the key metric. 

He showed real balls on the spot kicks.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 3:46pm

Ya the other misses didn't happen against Hibs cause you didn't see them on a highlights reel. That's how it works.

How it works is that they weren't deemed particularly notable - it was a 6 minute reel including numerous misses of varying difficulty, yet none of the supposedly unusually bad misses from Idah were included, save for one offside effort. A bit like Kelleher then, this probably suggests that there's more than a bit of exaggeration going on as to the seriousness of any claimed missteps.

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Feb 2024 at 3:47pm
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 3:52pm
jesus O’Shea, i admire your optimism and enthusiasm for Irish players and indeed share it, but come on man why are u so sensitive towards any criticism to our players? do u ever think any irish player has been out of form or maybe won’t live up to hype/expectations?

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 4:19pm

How it works is that they weren't deemed particularly notable - it was a 6 minute reel including numerous misses of varying difficulty, yet none of the supposedly unusually bad misses from Idah were included, save for one offside effort. A bit like Kelleher then, this probably suggests that there's more than a bit of exaggeration going on as to the seriousness of any claimed missteps.

Go back and watch the game so and see for yourself.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 98>
  Share Topic