You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 100>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Pukki has been great for Norwich but they need to move on from him. He is 32 now.

His age is irrelevant if he's their top performer, especially in relation to Idah. At this point, I don't think Idah has done anything to make Norwich see him as their main man up or front or a replacement for Puuki.
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
Glad for the fella but was it not a few weeks ago they were saying he’s a compromised athlete (injury wise). That must have been rubbish. Think I read it on here.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Pukki has been great for Norwich but they need to move on from him. He is 32 now.

His age is irrelevant if he's their top performer, especially in relation to Idah. At this point, I don't think Idah has done anything to make Norwich see him as their main man up or front or a replacement for Puuki.

Not saying Idah is the man to displace him either just a passing thought. They certainly need a refresh.
Pukki is declining a fair bit since they dropped down again.

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:05pm

Benzema just had the best season of his career at 34. 

Lewandowski, Džeko, Giroud, Immobile, Iago Aspas, etc. Still banging them in.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:19pm
The rule of thumb is that you are written off from 30 onwards usually for a player that can't get a game for his club by a poster who has never seen him play.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The rule of thumb is that you are written off from 30 onwards usually for a player that can't get a game for his club by a poster who has never seen him play.

that and the obligatory legs have gone comment. Thank christ the internet forum did not exist in the time of the Charlton era. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Glad for the fella but was it not a few weeks ago they were saying he’s a compromised athlete (injury wise). That must have been rubbish. Think I read it on here.

It was Dean Smith that said that, not long before he was fired.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:05pm
Idah is still a young striker with potential of course Norwich are going to tie him down. What’s the point of leaving him go. If he catches fire at 23/24yo and has a 20-25 goal season like Watkins Toney Diaz Adam Armstrong even Che Adam’s a few years ago he’s potentially a €20m striker by default. 

He’s a long way off that yet of course and injuries are a worry. There’s zero downside to hanging onto a young striker like Idah. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Feb 2023 at 4:05pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I have watched him play a lot. Probably more than anyone on this forum who isn't a Norwich fan. Pukki is deteriorating physically quite fast. He was never that physically gifted. Norwich have been sh*t this year, ask any fan. Ask any Norwich fan is Pukki as good as he was 2 years ago... they will tell you he def isn't. He won't be firing them back to the prem.

Lots of strikers age very well like Lewandowski... the vast majority slide after 30. Pukki is one of them. You are acting like it is the rule and not the exception. I didn't say Idah was going to be the man either.

Let me ask? how many times have you watched Norwich play this year? How many times have you been to Norwich? gonna guess at 0
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 5:12pm
Whatever about Pukki's age he's out of contract in the summer and could look for his final big pay day. On 25K a week and think he'd better that somewhere like the MLS and with the drop off in physicality and lighter schedule could be a top top player for someone over their for a bit.

Still joint fifth in goals scored but with seven assists added to his ten goals he's joint first in goal contributions. More than just a goal scorer and that could see him make a bit of bank in a weaker league which could pay better.

Edited by J89 - 02 Feb 2023 at 5:13pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Whatever about Pukki's age he's out of contract in the summer and could look for his final big pay day. On 25K a week and think he'd better that somewhere like the MLS and with the drop off in physicality and lighter schedule could be a top top player for someone over their for a bit.

Still joint fifth in goals scored but with seven assists added to his ten goals he's joint first in goal contributions. More than just a goal scorer and that could see him make a bit of bank in a weaker league which could pay better.

It is why I made the passing comment. It is the contract talk.
His output is going down. On course to score 50% of the goals he scored last 2 years he was in the championship. He has always been a good player but if you want to get to the prem and stay there you are not giving a big contract to a guy who will be 33 by seasons end. He would be one of the best strikers in MLS for sure.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:04pm
Big show of faith from Norwich and surely shows that they remain convinced (as do I) that this lad has a big future. Granted a fair run with respect to injuries, he has the raw ability to become at the very least a mid-table PL striker in time. I still retain hope that he might make it to the very top of the game, quick, strong, great attitude, pretty prolific at underage level, shame about his injury issues, but hopefully they will ease as he matures. I believe he was on only 6k a week prior to this new contract, so hopefully the new one is a good deal more lucrative and allows him to relax a little and concentrate on forcing his way into the first team over the coming weeks. 
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Big show of faith from Norwich and surely shows that they remain convinced (as do I) that this lad has a big future. Granted a fair run with respect to injuries, he has the raw ability to become at the very least a mid-table PL striker in time. I still retain hope that he might make it to the very top of the game, quick, strong, great attitude, pretty prolific at underage level, shame about his injury issues, but hopefully they will ease as he matures. I believe he was on only 6k a week prior to this new contract, so hopefully the new one is a good deal more lucrative and allows him to relax a little and concentrate on forcing his way into the first team over the coming weeks. 

First thing that popped into my head was they could have made it a three and half year contract with an option which works a bit more in their favor if it didn't work out with him but a five and half year contract shows they see him as a long term choice at CF for them.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 12:07pm
Benched for today's game against Burnley.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 12:19pm
lad is only 21 and has had some unfortunate injuries but many seem to want to banish him to the knackers yard.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

lad is only 21 and has had some unfortunate injuries but many seem to want to banish him to the knackers yard.

Who like?
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 12:45pm

He was on the bench for their last game?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

He was on the bench for their last game?

He was yeah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 100>
  Share Topic