Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 100>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

very diappointing commentary in this thread. zero acknowledgement that he was up against two world class cbs. konate will out muscle most pl strikers this season. Adam worked really hard, made some good runs which weren't picked out and got into 2 great scoring positions. it's not a bit of wonder he's snatching at chances given this sh*t, connolly gets the same sh*t. go ahead and big up parrot, Obafemi, Scully, parrot and collins now until they actually play in a big game, then slate them too, rinse and repeat. have a word with yourselves, these lads need support. I'd an and connolly are our 2 best prospects, it's early days, both have good potential. I'd prefer to be starting them oer collins and maguire

LOL

He was up against 2 second choice centre backs whilsts both are strong players, their not world class.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
[QUOTE=ShamtheRam]I think Idah just needs to go somewhere where he's guaranteed to score buckets of goals as a regular starter and get his confidence up. In and Out all the time, wont help his striker prowess[/QUOTE

]

I think the best we can hope for is he will be a Kevin Davies type striker.

Never prolific but a good hold up option.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:31am

very diappointing commentary in this thread. zero acknowledgement that he was up against two world class cbs. konate will out muscle most pl strikers this season. Adam worked really hard, made some good runs which weren't picked out and got into 2 great scoring positions. it's not a bit of wonder he's snatching at chances given this sh*t, connolly gets the same sh*t. go ahead and big up parrot, Obafemi, Scully, parrot and collins now until they actually play in a big game, then slate them too, rinse and repeat. have a word with yourselves, these lads need support. I'd an and connolly are our 2 best prospects, it's early days, both have good potential. I'd prefer to be starting them oer collins and maguire

Spot the Liverpool fan. LOLLOLLOLEmbarrassed
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:43am

the Norwich fans have decided he isn't good enough
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:59am
Jesus, one bad game against a top side and everyone is writing Idah off. 

He clearly needs a full season of games, a complete waste not loaning him out to a Championship or League 1 side. Give the lad a chance
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

He clearly needs a full season of games, a complete waste not loaning him out to a Championship or League 1 side. Give the lad a chance
100% needs a loan move. We can hype him up all we like but at the end of the day a striker who doesn't score goals is a waste of all of our time. We've had plenty of them over the years we cant be carrying another.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I agree he needs a run of games against weaker teams. Needs perhaps that extra split second to set himself to strike at goal that you don’t get at PL level. 
If he starts to get a taste for goal then maybe he might transfer back to PL level or even upper championship level (which is probably the best we could expect as anything higher you have to be top class scorer these days)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Jimmy Greaves LOL

👀👀👀👀👀 

There are plenty more realistic templates for not just Idah but Connolly/Obafemi/Parrott/Ferguson/Odubeko/Scully or whatever other promising young attacker. I will take Idah who's 20 now as a comparison and look at where many decent PL attackers were at that age. 

Aubameyang- Lille in France 26 appearances 2 goals. 
Nicolas Pepe - Orleans in the French 3rd division 8 goals in 32 games.
Danny Ings- 3 goals in 33 games in the Championship Burnley
Ollie Watkins- 9 goals in 24 games in League 2. 
Neil Maupay- 11 goals in 31 games for Brest in Ligue 2
Trossard- 5 goals in 21 games in the Belgian 2nd division 
Toney- 2 goals in 21 games for Barsnley in League 1 

This is just the first 4 teams alphabetically in the League. Pukki Idahs senior counterpart was at HJJ Helsinki in Finland at 20 and scored 2 goals in just 8 games. If even 2/3 of the young Irish lads above hit a level close to the names listed above it would be nice. 

Said I would share this again to provide a bit of context! He did have a mare he was so poor on the night that it might actually be a blessing in disguise Farke/Norwich might loan him out in Jan now at a lower level. Farke has always been caught between that rock and a hard place rates him too highly to loan him out but if your in the PL he doesn't have the experience to lead the line now. This might make his mind up.

Same people writing him off completely are the ones hyping Bazunu to oblivion where as if one or two of his brain farts turned into howlers a few weeks ago he would be written off too! Football fans are very fickle!

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:09am
Speaking to some Norwich fans this morning, their take was that Idah wasn’t great but he is the last of their worries. He was not supported by the players around him and should have taken the pen. Their big concern seems to be Hanleys rapid decline 

That said, a loan would be good for him 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Speaking to some Norwich fans this morning, their take was that Idah wasn’t great but he is the last of their worries. He was not supported by the players around him and should have taken the pen. Their big concern seems to be Hanleys rapid decline 

That said, a loan would be good for him 

Bodes well for Omobamidele.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

World class is definitely hyperbole, but Konate and Gomez are two good CBs who'll be top class CBs for years to come but have had their issues with injuries over the last couple of seasons.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

World class is definitely hyperbole, but Konate and Gomez are two good CBs who'll be top class CBs for years to come but have had their issues with injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Very good CBs yes, but Idah's control was poor. Got caught cheaply in possession a few times. His hold up play was basic.

I dont think the CB pairing were in any trouble and were pretty comfortable the whole night. It could have been me in defence for that game.

Idah had a poor game, but let's not get carried away and write him off. He hasn't played games regularly and that's what he needs to do. 

I think league1 would be a good loan in January simply because he's not even been tested in the championship. If he's too good for league1 he'll soon bounce up a level. 
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:44am
This thread is hilarious LOL

He is a young player playing in the worst team in the best league in the world! He has been involved in 5 out of 7 games I think it is?! And in those games they've played Liverpool twice, Leicester, arsenal. He was never going to be banging in goals in those games, Norwich were always going to be losing and playing with very little possession.

I'm more interested in seeing how he gets on in games against the rest of the league, Norwich are still probably going to lose most of those games but the standard will be closer. And even if he ends the season with only 2 or 3 goals but has been involved regularly then that will be a massively successful season.

If it gets to a stage that he isn't involved for multiple games in a row then maybe the loan will be the way to go as the manager might have lost confidence if that has happened but until that happens then he is grand where he is
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Very good CBs yes, but Idah's control was poor. Got caught cheaply in possession a few times. His hold up play was basic.

I dont think the CB pairing were in any trouble and were pretty comfortable the whole night. It could have been me in defence for that game.

Idah had a poor game, but let's not get carried away and write him off. He hasn't played games regularly and that's what he needs to do. 

I think league1 would be a good loan in January simply because he's not even been tested in the championship. If he's too good for league1 he'll soon bounce up a level. 

Agree that he needs to move on loan in January, and League One for half a season is more beneficial than picking splinters from his hole. Parrott might be in League One but he's showing more to deserve a start for the senior team than Idah, and Norwich only have two games between now and the next international. Can't see Idah getting game time if Pukki and Sargent are fit.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:50pm
He scored a 6 in the two sets of player ratings I was able to find on the game so didn't seem to have the mare a couple of posters are suggesting he did:

• Adam Idah  6 

Lost the argument with Tzolis it appeared for the penalty. Powerful running in the first half but unable to link up with the Greek. Tame sidefooter at Kelleher from Giannoulis’ cut back. When the penalty rebound veered in his direction tried a goalbound lash blocked by Gomez.

Cut inside his marker in the 83rd minute but his right footed effort lacked the power to trouble Kelleher. 

Adam Idah (ST) - 6/10 - Intelligent with his movement but wasn't able to muster a really clear-cut opportunity. Starved of service and had to get himself into the game.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:53pm
Seems like Farke had made him the designated peno taker for last night's game.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:55pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Agree that he needs to move on loan in January, and League One for half a season is more beneficial than picking splinters from his hole. Parrott might be in League One but he's showing more to deserve a start for the senior team than Idah, and Norwich only have two games between now and the next international. Can't see Idah getting game time if Pukki and Sargent are fit.

Since the beginning of the 2020/21 season - Parrott has had 5 goal involvements (4 goals, 1 assist in roughly 2,500 minutes of senior League football, mainly L1, some championship where he managed 0 in 11 appearances). He was anonymous during the Azerbaijan game. Idah in the same period has had 4 goal involvements (3 goals, 1 assist) in 464 minutes of League Football (PL and CH), he was arguably MotM away to Portugal and has featured in 6 of Norwich's 7 games this season. He's grand where he is for now as long as he continues to be involved, Pukki's form isnt great and he's not the player he was 2 seasons ago. If Idah falls out of the first team squad and isnt consistently making the bench come Christmas then maybe a loan would suit and I'm sure there would be Championship clubs showing an interest.

Parrott has absolutely done nothing to warrant a starting place for Ireland ahead of Idah.

Our next 4 international fixtures come in October and November and are effectively dead rubbers (bar for Kenny trying to save his job), replacing Idah with Collins who will be 31 in December (and hasnt had a goal or an assist this season) would be a retrograde step and contradict everything Kenny has said publicly about prepping these lads for Euro 24. Parrott should start the friendly vs Qatar. As far as I can see, these 3 are our only viable hold up #9 options. 

Robinson and Connolly should start either side of Idah in the two "must win games for Kenny". Scully deserves a call up and a chance maybe vs Qatar, but if not certainly in next March's friendlies. Obafemi has played just 218 minutes of senior football since June 2020, maybe he can work his way back in, but he has shown nothing to suggest he "should" be included yet. Long is 35 in January and hasnt played a minute of football this season. his last international goal was 5 years ago (he has played for us at least 18 times since). Shane has been a great servant and if qualification was at stake, you might have him on the bench, because he works defenders, but tbh he forgot how to put the ball in the net about 5 years ago now. Will Keane has been doing ok at L1 level for a while (no better than Scully and Curtis), but he's 28 with a very poor history of injuries (only 120 odd senior games played), if Kenny selected him it would only be a rod for his own back, it's not going to happen.

Worth pointing out also that Didzy (33), every ones favourite retiree managed 1 goal in 14 for Ireland, while Robinson (26) (probably the best we have currently tbf) has managed 1 in 20. 

Hogan (29) has 0 in 8, Maguire (27) has 1 in 12 for Ireland. None are ripping up trees at club level or suggesting they have improved significantly. Hogan has 10 goals in 2500 minutes since the start of the 20/21 season and has lost his place in the team to Deeney, Maguire has 5 goals and 4 assists in 2,100 minutes over the same period and is an irregular starter. If we are serious about building for the future, I see no point in selecting either for dead rubbers. We can revisit where everyone is at in advance of the Nations League.

Meanwhile, post WC 22, I see it like this hopefully going forward, maybe one of the older lads can enjoy a serious uptick in form and get in the mix also, maybe one of the younger lads like Ferguson can continue to progress.

RF - Robinson/Obafemi
ST - Idah/Parrott 
LF - Connolly/Scully
Idah Dream!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:58pm
Cmon John Nice, to suggest that parrott has done nothing to warrant an ireland start and idah has is fantasy stuff. Neither have really earned a squad inclusion at this point but desperate times call for desperate measures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 100>
  Share Topic