Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:30pm
Some of his hold up play was very good, came up against a very decent defender in Rodon! Hopefully he can continue to progress.
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:41pm
He doesn’t look up to it at this level - for now anyway. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Open to correction on this one, but if my maths are right Idah has played more minutes for Ireland than Norwich this season.

There's no comparison between him and Randolph as we've zero competition for him at this time, but yeah if Idah can't get regular minutes at Norwich between now and Christmas he will need to look for a loan move imo. 

I remember saying on this page I’m sure when they signe Hughill that I would have preferred Idah going out on loan even if it was to a top half League 1 team at his age getting 30-40 games is the key even if it’s a League below his level it’s irrelevant it will bring him on a tonne. Cameos for Norwich which he has done well in won’t develop him. 

Huge problem in English football is youth development and giving young players chances even hoards of English lads are f**king off to Germany the Germans identified and have pretty much an operation bring in English talent so if it’s affecting them imagine how it’s effecting ourselves. 
Molumby Kelleher Obafemi Smallbone Connell etc as well so many examples of talented young lads at that age that aren’t getting the game time they need this year. 

It’s a big reason why we will struggle to produce players in the future. Kelleher was due to go to Holland Cullen at Anderlecht moves like that will be huge in the long term for us as it will encourage other Irish lads to go out foreign where they will get more games/opportunities to break into first teams. 

The two Southampton lads I mentioned there Oba and Smallbone if they aren’t getting games or making squads why haven’t they or the club/manager made an effort to fire them off on loan moves at that age the level is irrelevant actually young players are better off playing a League below their ceiling for the game time where they will still learn and improve by default. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Nov 2020 at 8:46pm
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:43pm
After watching him over these games he strikes me as the type of player who could get let go by the likes of Norwich and end up plodding along in L2. Im not totally convinced by him i must say. Maybe give him the 1st half against Bulgaria and see how he goes.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

After watching him over these games he strikes me as the type of player who could get let go by the likes of Norwich and end up plodding along in L2. Im not totally convinced by him i must say. Maybe give him the 1st half against Bulgaria and see how he goes.

I'd play him in wider role with the freedom to come in. Nowhere near experienced to play as a 9 at international level. Collins is the best bet as a 9.
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

I'd play him in wider role with the freedom to come in. Nowhere near experienced to play as a 9 at international level. Collins is the best bet as a 9.

I dont think he has the touch or skill to play wide for us. He defo needs to be playing more regularly somewhere.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm

He signed a 4 year contract last year so that seems unlikely unless they just pay him the balance.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 2:14pm
Out for 10 (ten) weeks with injury
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Out for 10 (ten) weeks with injury
Poor lad Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:32am
thats a disaster. Hope was he would get game time between now and March. Christmas period always a real opportunity to get game time in particular. Think he got injured when trying to shoot v Wales and a blocking tackle came it. Suspect he broke a bone in his foot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic