You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC/DC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I think standing tickets were €146 before TM charges.

Didn't get a ticket this morn, will be lots floating about later in the year so will pick one up then!

fukin hell 

Wasnt tempted TBH,  seen them before but the the price od Dublin hotels would put also you off . Have 2 nights for the england game booked but will likely cancel them as £230 a night is ridiculous 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Well Lads anybody bite? Tickets went on sale this morning crazy fcukin prices, surprised nobody has posted about it yet.

How much was standard ticket?

Tickets started from €86.25 up in the gods, €126.25, €146.25 Main Pitch standing, €166.25, €176.25 front pitch standing and upwards from there
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 7:14pm
Got tickets for myself and the brother today looking forward to it seen them last time in the aviva and in fairness this could be last opportunity to see them in Ireland 

Was my 1st experience of the dynamic pricing that ticketmaster operates with now the pitch tickets started at around €146 but soon rose to €335 due to the demand on the website. Let's see if they stay at that price or come back to what they started at. For ne ticketmaster shouldn't be allowed to operate this way is it's worse than touting as the price can change at any second 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 7:43pm
Platinum Tickets €435 & 420 a pop, 440e for gold circle standing ticketShocked

Edited by Neil Armstrong - 16 Feb 2024 at 7:45pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Got tickets for myself and the brother today looking forward to it seen them last time in the aviva and in fairness this could be last opportunity to see them in Ireland 

Was my 1st experience of the dynamic pricing that ticketmaster operates with now the pitch tickets started at around €146 but soon rose to €335 due to the demand on the website. Let's see if they stay at that price or come back to what they started at. For ne ticketmaster shouldn't be allowed to operate this way is it's worse than touting as the price can change at any second 
Wow. Have never seen anything of the sort. Robbing bastards 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Wow. Have never seen anything of the sort. Robbing bastards 

Ticketmaster been using it in usa for years was word they were going to be using it in Europe but I'd never actually seen it until today not saying not been used before but personally never seen it

Horror stories of folks with tickets in basket and got error message only to go back to ticket selection page and price had changed Shocked
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 10:21pm
didn't bother myself. They were fairly sh*te in the Aviva a few years ago and his voice sounded very poor in their comeback gig last summer. Price is a joke too 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 4:13am
That’s a mental amount of money to be paying. Event pricing in Ireland is a disgrace.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 12:16pm
Pricing for events is unbelievable. But for major outdoor gigs twenty years ago we had already moved to paying 60e+ for single tickets. I'll have to pull out my ticket-stub from Punchestown, but of the top of my head that was 80e in 2009, and that was for general admission, and show up hoping to be in with a chance for a pit pass. I feel I've overpaid but bought two relatively cheap seats, and am looking forward to the gig.

Am I wrong in thinking these mad scrambles for tickets and giant queues on the website were not a thing 7/8 years ago? Maybe for gigs at the point, but it was generally easy to get tickets, even at the last minute. I remember AC/DC's gig in 2009 at the 02 had tickets pop up at the last minute. The idea that there is a scramble for an 80k venue just seem odd to me.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 12:19pm
More people working into the country than every before and inflation.  Two big factors. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Pricing for events is unbelievable. But for major outdoor gigs twenty years ago we had already moved to paying 60e+ for single tickets. I'll have to pull out my ticket-stub from Punchestown, but of the top of my head that was 80e in 2009, and that was for general admission, and show up hoping to be in with a chance for a pit pass. I feel I've overpaid but bought two relatively cheap seats, and am looking forward to the gig.

Am I wrong in thinking these mad scrambles for tickets and giant queues on the website were not a thing 7/8 years ago? Maybe for gigs at the point, but it was generally easy to get tickets, even at the last minute. I remember AC/DC's gig in 2009 at the 02 had tickets pop up at the last minute. The idea that there is a scramble for an 80k venue just seem odd to me.

Easier for ticketmaster to create an image of massive demand when tickets only available online can create a false narrative in regards to demand, low availability etc can guarantee between now and August a batch or 2 of tickets will become available again never have I seen a "sold out" concert actually sell out on day tickets become available 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Have mine on the wall beside me here, €76.50. Dont have one for the Aviva because it was a print out but pretty sure it was only a few euro more for general admission there too and it was first come first served got pit bands as well. I just missed out there but had a great spot front and centre at the barrier behind the pit.

There was a mad scramble for tickets for that one, completely sold out that morning because there was no messing from Ticketmaster upping prices nor was there a "resell" portal . Id ques loading on all the computers in work but got them easy enough on the first try once I got in on one.

Edited by Bandwagon - 17 Feb 2024 at 1:46pm
Cgm View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 9:41pm
neil, it's an absolute disgrace, greed between the promoters and the band who have control to stop this clear abuse and profit making 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic