You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abbey Travel - Denmark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:42am
I went to Scotland and Wales with Abbey you get what you pay for it's a good service but sadly I simply don't have the resources to pay 650 in one go for this one. Gutted as I was going to gamble and just book 16.99 flights to Denmark day before draw.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

How could you possibly consider paying that? I've done all flights and an extra night accom for just over a third of that price.

Handiness, guaranteed match ticket

In says above not Included MATCH TICKET
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:43am

How could you possibly consider paying that? I've done all flights and an extra night accom for just over a third of that price.

So some people would pay that much over the odds for a guaranteed match ticket. Would this not then make Abbey Travel glorified touts?

Get off it. LOL

I see the logic to Abbey Travel, particularly if you're a new away traveler its a chance to built points as well.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

That's not Abbey, thats Marathon.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:59am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

That's not Abbey, thats Marathon.

Sorry didn't notice that LOLEmbarrassed
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:12am
Can anyone get through to Abbey? I've friends saying theres no one answering Geek
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:30am

So some people would pay that much over the odds for a guaranteed match ticket. Would this not then make Abbey Travel glorified touts?
I've no hope of getting in via FAI. If I want to be guaranteed to get in I'd go that route.

Prefer to pay €600 to get to the game than €300 and sit in a pub.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
It's pricey but can absolutely see the appeal. If they went for two nights and included another night's accommodation in that, I'd have probably went for it as am certainly not guaranteed a ticket as it is.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:49pm
Had sold out one hotel by 2pm and well on their way to selling out a second at 3:30. 

4 mates signed up, I've booked into the same hotel.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
Actually looked at their website, totally sold out.
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm

How many hotels were they offering? Surely they wouldn't of sold out more than a single flight at them prices! I suppose the match tickets is a big pulling factor!
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ColG ColG wrote:

How many hotels were they offering? Surely they wouldn't of sold out more than a single flight at them prices! I suppose the match tickets is a big pulling factor!

My mates paid 650 euro each. They're in the Imperial, they had 3 hotels. One 3 star, two 4 stars. 

I've used them to Bosnia, Scotland and a few others. They generally run a good show, they will have filled two planes or close to it. As they're doing two different trips. 

I see the logic, i priced it myself my flights to Copenhagen from Madrid where 60euro but coming back to Dublin the easiest was near 300 plus a hotel there's not a huge amount in it. When you add the two flights out and back, decent hotel, transfers and match ticket. 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Last time to Cardiff did they use city jet air craft ? Hardly that big of a aircraft Byrner ?
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Last time to Cardiff did they use city jet air craft ? Hardly that big of a aircraft Byrner ?

I'm not sure why i keep getting called Byrner Big smile

But speaking from my experiences, they used a319 to Bosnia. 

In and around 100 on their aircraft CRJ900, New Russian thing and the Avro. 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:40pm

Because it's plainly fkn obvious ya thick, you can't even keep your new cover story pretence consistent
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Because it's plainly fkn obvious ya thick, you can't even keep your new cover story pretence consistent

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:59pm

Sir, I don't have a cover story. I'm an Irish man who resides in Spain, simple. Frequent traveler, to most away games as every game is away for me. Thought id sign up to the forum to meet my some fans.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:51am

Sir, I don't have a cover story. I'm an Irish man who resides in Spain, simple. Frequent traveler, to most away games as every game is away for me. Thought id sign up to the forum to meet my some fans.

You must have brought concorde out of retirement because you’re ip has been flip flopping between Spain and the South of England all day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic