You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:40am
that price is a joke but it does not suprise me as with most if not all travel agents are Thumbs Down rip off merchants avoid is my advise
Euro 2012
Sponsored Links

scaldy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaldy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:49am
It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Would've been twice that price if we were drawn in the Ukraine.
Yup. Easily would've tried to charge that to fans.

have you seen thomson's prices for the english?! astronomical
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by scaldy scaldy wrote:

It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is

I would have considered booking if they were flying home on the Tuesday sometime after the Italy game but the fact that you are pretty much going to be rushed away after the match, only get to be in one city really and wont be in the match city the night before any game.   Poorly organised if you ask me and the price?!!?

You really are paying for guaranteed tickets.  I would like to think those of us that are season tickets holders etc will get sorted for tickets without too much bother.
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
That price doesnt even include tickets!!!! Lock this thread!!or else no one comment on it and let it slip off the first few pages! JOKE!Angry
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Would've been twice that price if we were drawn in the Ukraine.
Yup. Easily would've tried to charge that to fans.

have you seen thomson's prices for the english?! astronomical

What are thompson prices?
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

That price doesnt even include tickets!!!! Lock this thread!!or else no one comment on it and let it slip off the first few pages! JOKE!Angry
We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:57am
On the phone so can't quote but it doesn't say tickets are included in the price. As I said earlier, why are they allowed free advertising here?
@AntrimMan85
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:10pm
Not sure if 1699 for two games is much to advertise about.  Doubt the other travel agents will come up with any different.  Probably all will fly you out the night of the Italy match as well - like seriously.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

On the phone so can't quote but it doesn't say tickets are included in the price. As I said earlier, why are they allowed free advertising here?
It says plus guaranteed match tickets. I'd take it that means tickets are included in the price. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

It says plus guaranteed match tickets. I'd take it that means tickets are included in the price. 

guaranteed ticket but will cost extra
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:30pm
Tickets are extra! Also the 10% percent season ticket discount dosent count. Apparently it applies to qualifiers only. First I heard of it. They really are having a laugh.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:33pm
Oh right.
cododonnell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cododonnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:33pm

There not advertising. I put this up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:35pm
Think he's referring to the google ads on the site
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:41pm
No I'm not. Sorry cododonnell, I assumed you were connected with them, posting the details, web link etc. apologies.
@AntrimMan85
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:49pm

No I'm not. Sorry cododonnell, I assumed you were connected with them, posting the details, web link etc. apologies.

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:54pm
Face palm all ya want but I'd still prefer the koonts got as little business as possible.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic