You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 7:00pm
I know someone who are going with 747 and they were told tickets are not part of the package.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

I know someone who are going with 747 and they were told tickets are not part of the package.

See flyer

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1oTgwMpK5VhHQOXvn5Pw6wkBrQ875U8DGJCaKt83CpboOAeuWbBR5akc13v1b&hl=en_US

Now it actually doesn't say tickets are guaranteed if you read it very very carefully.  However on first reading it would imply they are guaranteed although obviously extra aka Abbey.  Apparently some of those who booked early were left under the impression that they were guaranteed but extra.  Now that is the case with Abbey.  
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 9:09pm
736 have applied for tickets through the FAI Portal and are hoping for the best, Just like the rest of us!! 
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

736 have applied for tickets through the FAI Portal and are hoping for the best, Just like the rest of us!! 

Doubt they even have a login.   
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

l
Doubt they even have al ogin.   

Wink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 11:13am

Dom's Travel Package

Flights 197 euro

Hostel 55 euro 3 night stay

Match ticket 120 max might be cheaper

Transfers form airport 10 one way euro
Match day 20 euro one way  max

9-12 June

Total=432 including taxes and charges.Abbey Travel should be shut down with them prices.

All that is still live anyone on a shoe string budget like me.Thumbs Up
Shake and Bake
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:18pm
I see the FAI are now touting on behalf of Abbey Travel - I guess everyone who got tickets got this today.  Cheap isn't it €650 for return flights?

Friday, 30 March 2012

Dear Jimmy

EURO 2012 Finals – Travel and Accommodation Packages

Congratulations on receiving your ticket allocation for the 3 matches in UEFA Euro 2012 campaign. We are aware that a lot of fans are having problems with flights and accommodation so we have been able to secure a limited number of seats and packages with our official travel partner, Abbey Travel for our key supporters.

The package includes return flights on a charter flight between Dublin and Poznan, 10 nights’ accommodation (based on two sharing) on a bed and breakfast basis in a Polish three star and four star city centre hotel, return transfers between Poznan and Gdynia and match day transfers between Hotels and Stadia.

This package is priced from €2,200 per person sharing. Alternatively there are limited numbers of flight only packages for €650.

Please note that the packages noted above do NOT include match tickets

Packages will be allocated on a first come first served basis by Abbey Travel so if you are interested in booking your place please contact Abbey Travel directly on 01 8047102 and let them know that you were successful in getting tickets from UEFA and you will be eligible for these offers.

Please also quote the following code when you contact Abbey Travel: eurocharter2012.

Kind regards,

FAI Customer Services

Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:21pm
Whatever about people wanting central accom and hassle free transfers, €650 for flights onlySick
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Whatever about people wanting central accom and hassle free transfers, €650 for flights onlySick

It would want to be pretty nice seats...
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
that mail was against advertising standards i never opted in to receive offers from third party companies.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
newbe View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:51pm
€650... are they serious??  I got that email too... do they have access to tickets at all??  I was on the thomas cook sport facebook page and they had seats for about 420 i think... bit of a difference...
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

that mail was against advertising standards i never opted in to receive offers from third party companies.

They have probably covered their asses in the way they have worded it and not disclosed your details to Abbey.  nice to know the FAI now have a Customer Services department.  Is it new i wonder - the concept of regarding us as customers I mean?
not for delicate boys.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:46pm
the law is specific enough, you can't pimp offers to from third party companies unless the person opted in, i never even opted in to receive promotional offers from the FAI, They have my details, which were submitted solely for the purpose of euro 2012 tickets. they are basically using information they gathered for one thing to flog another. it's illegal, simple as that. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

the law is specific enough, you can't pimp offers to from third party companies unless the person opted in, i never even opted in to receive promotional offers from the FAI, They have my details, which were submitted solely for the purpose of euro 2012 tickets. they are basically using information they gathered for one thing to flog another. it's illegal, simple as that. 

You de man Citizen.  You obviously know your stuff.  Shop em I say and hang em high.
not for delicate boys.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:14pm
He is bang on the money totally against the law.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:23pm
Isnt it a happy coincidence that is the 3 of YBIG's most renowned FAI haters/knockers drawing attention to thisLOL

Who the fook cares. It makes for pleasant reading cpompared to most of the drunk that I get (also illegal I presume)

Edited by Kerrzy - 30 Mar 2012 at 10:23pm
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Isnt it a happy coincidence that is the 3 of YBIG's most renowned FAI haters/knockers drawing attention to thisLOL

Who the fook cares. It makes for pleasant reading cpompared to most of the drunk that I get (also illegal I presume)

Hardly a coincidence.  Seems many of the others are so far up Delaney's hole they have got used to eating sh*te.
not for delicate boys.
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:36pm
Sorry forgot to add the obligatory LOL to my last post.
not for delicate boys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic