You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 7:53pm
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/watch-aaron-connolly-reveals-why-he-answered-ireland-u21s-call-for-euro-play-off-42006083.html

Aaron speaks very well about how big a game it is and how he doesn't take representing Ireland at any level for granted. 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:06pm
I'd say that rubbed a few up the wrong way, yet again defying the narrative.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:07pm
Connolly. Clap
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:56pm
Albeit at under 21 level, felt he was excellent tonight. Disappointed he didn't want a goal as he really wanted one it seemed and had a few decent efforts. There was one occasion in the second half where he got the ball with his back to goal, turned and then breezed past the defender down the byline. By playing 3-5-2 we didn't have enough support around him which I reckon cost us. But obviously there is a measured decision in terms of bodies forward and back. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:36pm
Thought he was, largely, superb tonight. Himself and Wright linked up well. Seemed to be on the same wavelength as Smallbone as well. Promising shoots for Tuesday.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:47pm
You would hope he’d stand out at that level considering the experience he has relative to the rest of them. Just hope he can grab a goal in the second leg, would be a huge confidence booster for him going forward 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:00am
different gravy tonight.

should be in the first team.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:17am
Looks to have bulked up a bit, albeit against younger defenders. One of his biggest issues praying as a 9 was that he tended to get bullied out of duels, but he battled brilliantly tonight and won most that came his way.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:59am
Excellent performance, delighted for him. Shame he didn't get on the score sheet, but hopefully that will come in the reverse fixture. Just needs to keep the head down and back that performance up. While the humility has been welcome, I wouldn't like to see him to lose all of his cockiness. Still think he has a big future in the green.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Thought he was, largely, superb tonight. Himself and Wright linked up well. Seemed to be on the same wavelength as Smallbone as well. Promising shoots for Tuesday.

The only issue was that himself and Ferguson didn't really work as a pair. Ferguson was maybe nervous, but his touch and movement was off for the entire game despite the excellent headed goal. I'd be inclined to pair somebody else with Aaron in the return leg, probably Odubeko. That might also help Smallbone as Ferguson seemed to keep making the wrong runs.
Idah Dream!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:43am

I agree with the above. There was certainly no sulking from Connolly. His attitude was bang on. He worked really hard and made plenty of runs in behind. He looked fit and sharp also. 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:53pm
Deserved MotM for me.
Looked the best attacking player on the pitch, but Israel offered little in that regard, and Ferguson was poor despite scoring.
I'd look at JJ on Tuesday.  Good holdup player and may link up better with Connolly.
Mipo did nothing when he came on but was very late, in fairness to him.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:58pm
Who scored the goal? Ferguson. I dont care if our striker has 1 touch in every game if that touch is a goal. Simple. He done his job.
I love beer gardens
caprea View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caprea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:03pm
he was the best of the lot  It was fairly uninspiring stuff all round. 
The Ham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Who scored the goal? Ferguson. I dont care if our striker has 1 touch in every game if that touch is a goal. Simple. He done his job.

I agree, connolly got MOTM cause of his work rate and energy but he's a striker, he needs to score goals. Didn't like the whole thing where in basically every single post match interview they brought up Connolly, it's like their massaging his ego or something. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 12:49pm
Not in the squad again today for the match against Cagliari.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not in the squad again today for the match against Cagliari.

Probably shagged after the thankless task handed to him by Crawford in Israel. If he's injury free and not in the squad next week, it would be concerning.
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 12:54pm
Attending Coolio's funeral
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 177>
  Share Topic