You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 177>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Any other younger strikers coming through now we’ve deduced in the last few days on here that Connolly and Parrott are both finished?

The only Irish strikers that make the headlines are from Debenhams

Big smile
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:45pm
My biggest issue with Connolly is that he is very injury prone.  I think he will get you goals and create chances in games when he is fully fit but he always seems to be half fit or injured. 

If he keeps having a start stop run of things then its hard to get into a consistent rhythm and its also very hard for us to rely on him when he could be missing 50% of the times. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
Connolly starts tonight.

Shane Long on the bench 

No room for Molumby, Obafemi or Smallbone
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:23pm
not so suited to the brighton style, makes many great runs but is never released quickly. best suited to a counter style i would say
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:39pm
What position does he actually play? Is he supposed to score goals?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:31pm
On the bench today which i guess is kind of expected but nonetheless disappointing.

Equally disappointing but again expected is Molumby not making the 
bench.

On a positive - Brady starts again for Burnley, really hope he can turn around his miserable luck over the last few years.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:41pm
Disappointed that Molumby hasn't been given a league start at some point to see how he goes. It's not as though the Brighton midfield has been excelling this season. Brighton's survival is likely to be more to do with there being three or four teams in the league worse than them than anything positive they've done this season so far.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:37pm
Coming on for the last 30mins with a serious look on his face.

Really don't see want bissouma offers over Molumby to be honest 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:10pm
Potter will be gone by the end of the season.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:14pm
Brighton are very poor at the moment.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:14pm
Not so sure he will. There haven't been many managers sacked since Covid began
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:25pm
Brighton will stay up but performances have been really poor.

I feel West Brom and Sheffield United are odds on for relegation. (Sadly thats four ireland first team players leaving the premier league, Stevens, Egan, Robinson and oshea)

That will leave one more team for relegation, I feel Brighton are the better of a bad bunch.

Connolly needs a run of games 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Coming on for the last 30mins with a serious look on his face.

Really don't see want bissouma offers over Molumby to be honest 

Bissouma and Molumby are two players I’d want in my midfield if I was going to tough out some results. Most of the others I could do without 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:39pm
Both Connolly and Trossard should be starting for Brighton. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 1:33am
Potter is an odd one in that it’s almost as if at times he wants passive/pretentious players playing which is fine but they have a habit of getting absolutely runover with intensity I’d regard them as the most passive team in the League. 

It’s why loads of Brighton fans call for Connollys inclusion it’s not that he’s better then the other attackers you couldn’t say that but he’s aggressive offers bite and workrate in a passive team and it stands out a mile. 

Molumby the same would offer proper bite in a midfield along with Bissouma but even Dale bloody Strphens was playing at Bissoumas expense last year and Bissouma himself has been overlooked a bit by Potter until recently.

They also have a number of CBs who can pass the ball but aren’t actually good defenders and Dunk who is essentially Duffy in that he struggles a bit playing Potters way but as he’s English has been spared the culling Duffy got.

All in all it’s a strange one and I could see him getting sacked in the next year or two despite keeping them up and not doing a terrible job if that makes sense??
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Potter is an odd one in that it’s almost as if at times he wants passive/pretentious players playing which is fine but they have a habit of getting absolutely runover with intensity I’d regard them as the most passive team in the League. 

It’s why loads of Brighton fans call for Connollys inclusion it’s not that he’s better then the other attackers you couldn’t say that but he’s aggressive offers bite and workrate in a passive team and it stands out a mile. 

Molumby the same would offer proper bite in a midfield along with Bissouma but even Dale bloody Strphens was playing at Bissoumas expense last year and Bissouma himself has been overlooked a bit by Potter until recently.

They also have a number of CBs who can pass the ball but aren’t actually good defenders and Dunk who is essentially Duffy in that he struggles a bit playing Potters way but as he’s English has been spared the culling Duffy got.

All in all it’s a strange one and I could see him getting sacked in the next year or two despite keeping them up and not doing a terrible job if that makes sense??
I've had a quick trawl through the BHA fans forum and can find nothing to support the emboldened statement above. No calls for his inclusion against Southampton and negative comments on his 30-minute contribution. Happy for you to correct me, Kevin.  

He has bags of energy and is always willing but alas he is a limited player albeit he will still be important for us.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I've had a quick trawl through the BHA fans forum and can find nothing to support the emboldened statement above. No calls for his inclusion against Southampton and negative comments on his 30-minute contribution. Happy for you to correct me, Kevin.  

I certainly haven’t gone through any Brighton fan forums but have a mate in Brighton going off him a lot of Brighton fans see him as a starter/like him due to him being an academy player and his nuisance value (his words he doesn’t rate Connolly at all btw is very negative on him). My own eyes also from what I see going by Twitter everytime he doesn’t start Brighton fans on Twitter are asking why he isn’t playing his energy is a miss etc. 

That will wear off no doubt if he’s inconsistent which he has been and going by that fan forum negativity over his cameo last night maybe it’s already the case. 

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:36pm
if you cannot give a post example from a random site, hoolihan is not interested. this is the only way to judge a player on their ability
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 177>
  Share Topic