You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 177>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:09am
Might want to work on those mind reading abilities too
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Context tends to eliminate the necessity for mind reading. A funny thing about removing a statement from the overall conversation it was made in (quote-mining, in other words) is that it tends to remove context; who'd have thought it!
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Lenihan's a good Championship stopper, Clark and Long are better players though and should be ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.

Would have always associated this as being used by Yanks. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Lenihan's a good Championship stopper, Clark and Long are better players though and should be ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.

Would have always associated this as being used by Yanks. 

Well unless "the yanks" use it as a phrase to describe a big, aggressive, agricultural-style centre-back, then no.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Context tends to eliminate the necessity for mind reading. A funny thing about removing a statement from the overall conversation it was made in (quote-mining, in other words) is that it tends to remove context; who'd have thought it!

Stop bullsh***ing about context. Your comment is on P12 of Kevin Long thread. There's no debate on playing-out or stoppers. NewtNewbie posts he'd prefer Long to Lenihan. The next post is your Lenihan comment.

Are you ok, you seem quite wound up about the whole thing? 

If you want to go around asking leading questions, just so you can mine a quote from one thread and plant it in another completely unrelated thread in order to make a "point" (and tbh I'm not exactly sure what that point is) then fair enough. You might want to avoid throwing your toys out of the pram when someone points out exactly what you've done though....
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 3:55pm
please knock this sh*t on the head
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

please knock this sh*t on the head

So Aaron Connolly... LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:34pm
Signs a new contract to 2024
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:20pm
On the bench for Brighton  which you can maybe understand vs Chelsea but more worrying is Molumby misses out. 

Early days but might need to go back on loan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:48pm
He really does make very intelligent runs, unfortunately Brighton never really seem willing to release the ball quickly to him.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:11pm
Looked sharp and made some good runs, brightons midfield did a lot right in that game but just missed that little bit of creative quality to get another goal
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:16pm
Given the squad number 7.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:40pm
Wasn’t even half watching it but did Tyler and Smith keep referring to him as Maupay? Did the new numbers cause confusion? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Wasn’t even half watching it but did Tyler and Smith keep referring to him as Maupay? Did the new numbers cause confusion? 

Haha, yes they did, I counted twice. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:00pm
That shot Connolly had with about ten minutes left tonight reminded me of a 12 year old kid in a Michael Owen skills video
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:44pm
Aaron Connolly just scored v Newcastle.
Class goal too.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:45pm
Lovely finish... hes had a good game beyond that 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:46pm
He has been quality today 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 177>
  Share Topic