You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 177>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

could have sworn we won again tonight.

True. If we had brought him on with 20 mins to go when we were 4 nil up as suggested we indeed probably would have lost the game. Good job we didn't, narrow escape.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:37pm
Even when not involved people can’t help having a go at the lad 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Some kind of falling out? He was the only outfield player named on the bench for both games not to come on.
that lad needs a bit of tough love.

It certainly appears that's what Kenny gave him over the last couple of games alright.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Some kind of falling out? He was the only outfield player named on the bench for both games not to come on.

It certainly appears that's what Kenny gave him over the last couple of games alright.

Agreed and maybe that's what he needs. He needs to knuckle down now at club and international level to force his way in to the first team, he has the talent imo. For now, within the Irish set up, he is probably the back up to Robinson. If he starts getting regular first team minutes with Brighton, which he is well capable of imo, then it will be another nice headache for the manager.
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Agreed and maybe that's what he needs. He needs to knuckle down now at club and international level to force his way in to the first team, he has the talent imo. For now, within the Irish set up, he is probably the back up to Robinson. If he starts getting regular first team minutes with Brighton, which he is well capable of imo, then it will be another nice headache for the manager.

Nonsense.  Having a hot celebrity girlfriend and a load of instagram followers is all that matters.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:30am
Himself and Idah really need to move on loan in Jan to try and get regular games. Simple as that.
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
He's very much part of Brightons squad but you do wonder does he need the regular run of games and would dropping a level suit him. The League Cup game against Swansea had me thinking if he was playing every week against that opposition he'd do damage and develop properly.

They are the future and it's no harm to see Ogbene come in Robinson step forward. Will take the heat off some of the younger lads think the fact we produced f**k all attackers was being used as a stick to beat Connolly Idah and Parrott with. 21 20 and 19 respectively they are all still very young.

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Oct 2021 at 10:37am
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He's very much part of Brightons squad but you do wonder does he need the regular run of games and would dropping a level suit him. The League Cup game against Swansea had me thinking if he was playing every week against that opposition he'd do damage and develop properly.

They are the future and it's no harm to see Ogbene come in Robinson step forward. Will take the heat off some of the younger lads think the fact we produced f**k all attackers was being used as a stick to beat Connolly Idah and Parrott with. 21 20 and 19 respectively they are all still very young.

he is part of their squad but he simply isnt going to play weekly or anything close to it. If Maupay Wellbeck and Trossard are all fit they are ahead of him. Sure he can sit on the bench but i think he should be pushing a move and start playing and scoring. hes standing still right now.
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

he is part of their squad but he simply isnt going to play weekly or anything close to it. If Maupay Wellbeck and Trossard are all fit they are ahead of him. Sure he can sit on the bench but i think he should be pushing a move and start playing and scoring. hes standing still right now.

I don't disagree but does Potter agree? It's hard as a young player to turn around to your manager and say "I want to drop to the Championship" if hes telling you your very much part of his plans. Not a dig at Potter at all the 3 mentioned above are older and have more experience then Connolly. he's still firmly part of Potters plans despite all the off field drama which tells you he properly rates him.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:53am
In fairness Potter has given him chances but he hasn't really taken them in the PL. This leads to him only getting small amounts of gametime which itself makes it hard to make any real impact. so what does he do. i think he just needs to go somewhere where he would be guaranteed to start most weeks. start scoring again and progress.
I love beer gardens
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
ultimately there is something up with this lad his attitude stinks this can be seen on field and by his off field carry on.

He needs to grow up fast or he is endanger of being left behind 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:33am
Anyone notice how hungry Parrott was when he came on? He pressed and pushed to get in behind. He had the big between the teeth. And, for me, he showed how has learned lessons that Connolly has not yet done. 

All the talk of Parrott's attitude and friends has calmed a lot over the last few months and he seems to have landed at MK Dons fit and hungry and it is showing on the pitch with his goals and assists there. Then, he comes into Ireland camp and his roles for us in the two games have been brief but positive. And they have been very energetic. 

Let him be an example to Connolly. We needed Connolly for a spark away to Georgia after he burst onto the scene with his goals against Spurs. We don't need him as much now with the options we have to play behind a striker and the set up with two narrower attacking midfielders as opposed to wide forwards. It's up to him to play his way back into Kenny's plans. I think Kenny has done the right thing with him this window. 

As well as Parrott, I'd also point to Ogbene and McGrath last night. Ogbene was okay but showed signs of something. I thought McGrath did a really good job of covering for Hendrick, working tirelessly off the ball and getting involved in attacks and presses in a positive manner. Compare that to Connolly's first half against Azerbaijan at home. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:21pm
We need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water here, yes he seems to have some issues with his temperament/resolve, but he clearly has talent and the fact Brighton gave him a 23k a week contract points to that. We can all see what he needs to do, but I dont think overegging the negativity is going to do much good. He's been given a wake up call by both his club and international manger now, let's just see how he responds to that without resorting to insulting the kid. I still think he is a very exciting prospect if he gets his head right and that air of arrogance that perhaps some on here respond negatively to can sometimes be the thing that marks out a real genuine top level player. He doesnt lack for confidence.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 3:45pm
Article hereunder on how this is a big season for Cpnnolly and how he might benefit with Welbeck reported out for the next 3 months!

Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:08pm
[QUOTE=John Nice]Article hereunder on how this is a big season for Cpnnolly and how he might benefit with Welbeck reported out for the next 3 months!

I keep thinking I'm gonna read a will or a court summons with this hereunder craic.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 15 Oct 2021 at 4:10pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:56pm
Good news
Hopefully no niggly injuries get in the way, this is a great opportunity as the team are playing very well. He will get minutes and chances to score. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:32pm
Lamptey and March brought on ahead of him so far.

Might need three or four more players to get injured before he gets a chance again.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Lamptey and March brought on ahead of him so far.

Might need three or four more players to get injured before he gets a chance again.

Yeah doesn't bode well, omobamidele and idah sitting down too. Idah comes on in the 90th min to kill time. All three might need loan on Jan 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 177>
  Share Topic