Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 178>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

10 or 15 minutes and the odd cup game will not help Connolly development and the same could be said for idah etc..they need a loan move with plenty of game time.

He's next in line after perhaps the most injury prone striker in the League in Welbeck, I certainly wouldn't be agitating for a move if I was him.
Welbeck went off injured so fingers crossed Connolly starts the next 

Paddiad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:30pm

He's next in line after perhaps the most injury prone striker in the League in Welbeck, I certainly wouldn't be agitating for a move if I was him.

He may be the most injury prone understudy to the most injury striker in the league 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Paddiad Paddiad wrote:

He may be the most injury prone understudy to the most injury striker in the league 

Well then he wont play out on loan either Smile
Conan View Drop Down
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:18pm
Well, turned out not to be our cocky lad getting up to no good this time, thank goodness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Well, turned out not to be our cocky lad getting up to no good this time, thank goodness.
Some rather perversely seem to be almost disappointed it wasn't him. There are some very odd "fans" out there!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 8:03am
When the news broke, All Brighton fans pointed the finger at Connolly. Thankfully it wasn't him.
AbuAbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:24am
first thing that came into my mind when i heard the news. thank god it wasn't him. might be a wake up call all the same. how easy it can all slip away. 

give a dog a bad name and u wont get the benefit of the doubt.....unfair but true

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:26am
It baffles me that certain 'supporters' on here almost wanted it to be Connolly. He's a kid with serious talent who needs a kick up the arse, give the lad a break

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:55am
I dont think there was any fans who wanted it to be him in fairness, or I would be completely shocked if there was. He had fingers pointed at him by both sets of fans due to his reputation. But he's a young lad who needs to turn it around and I hope he can do that. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:02am
Interesting that it turned out to be one of their main, if not their main, player. Are they less noisy as a result?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:07am

I dont think there was any fans who wanted it to be him in fairness, or I would be completely shocked if there was. He had fingers pointed at him by both sets of fans due to his reputation. But he's a young lad who needs to turn it around and I hope he can do that. 

What are yiz talkin about??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:12am

What are yiz talkin about??

A young Brighton player was accused of sexual assault but no names released. People seemed to jump the gun and assume it was Connolly. It wasn't.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:18am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:31pm
Something wrong with this lad? Don't know why he was an unused sub tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm

I think he can be a little hard done by when Idah starts every game and has not only hasn't he scored a goal but his performances have been so-so

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:49pm

I think he can be a little hard done by when Idah starts every game and has not only hasn't he scored a goal but his performances have been so-so

Agree regarding Idah, but Connolly has been no swingin Mick of recent himself. Hardly a shock really. Genuinely forgot he was on the bench while watching the game. Says as much. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:38pm
Ia there room for one of Idah, Parrott or Connolly to drop in the u21s for games against sweden and italy. Whoever is third choice basically. Thought the u21s struggled up front. 

At the moment it seems like Connolly is the third choice. He could definitely benefit with more minutes. The italian team would be of a quality standard, with most playing in serie a. 
Bukowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:44pm
Not a bad idea to be honest. Needs time playing.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 178>