You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 178>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

10 or 15 minutes and the odd cup game will not help Connolly development and the same could be said for idah etc..they need a loan move with plenty of game time.

He's next in line after perhaps the most injury prone striker in the League in Welbeck, I certainly wouldn't be agitating for a move if I was him.
Welbeck went off injured so fingers crossed Connolly starts the next 
Sponsored Links

Paddiad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:30pm

He's next in line after perhaps the most injury prone striker in the League in Welbeck, I certainly wouldn't be agitating for a move if I was him.
[/QUOTE]

He may be the most injury prone understudy to the most injury striker in the league 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Paddiad Paddiad wrote:

He may be the most injury prone understudy to the most injury striker in the league 
[/QUOTE]

Well then he wont play out on loan either Smile
Idah Dream!
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:18pm
Well, turned out not to be our cocky lad getting up to no good this time, thank goodness.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Well, turned out not to be our cocky lad getting up to no good this time, thank goodness.
Some rather perversely seem to be almost disappointed it wasn't him. There are some very odd "fans" out there!
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 8:03am
When the news broke, All Brighton fans pointed the finger at Connolly. Thankfully it wasn't him.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:24am
first thing that came into my mind when i heard the news. thank god it wasn't him. might be a wake up call all the same. how easy it can all slip away. 

give a dog a bad name and u wont get the benefit of the doubt.....unfair but true
It's not me it's you:-)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:26am
It baffles me that certain 'supporters' on here almost wanted it to be Connolly. He's a kid with serious talent who needs a kick up the arse, give the lad a break
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:55am
I dont think there was any fans who wanted it to be him in fairness, or I would be completely shocked if there was. He had fingers pointed at him by both sets of fans due to his reputation. But he's a young lad who needs to turn it around and I hope he can do that. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:02am
Interesting that it turned out to be one of their main, if not their main, player. Are they less noisy as a result?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I dont think there was any fans who wanted it to be him in fairness, or I would be completely shocked if there was. He had fingers pointed at him by both sets of fans due to his reputation. But he's a young lad who needs to turn it around and I hope he can do that. 

What are yiz talkin about??
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

What are yiz talkin about??

A young Brighton player was accused of sexual assault but no names released. People seemed to jump the gun and assume it was Connolly. It wasn't.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:18am
Thumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:31pm
Something wrong with this lad? Don't know why he was an unused sub tonight
The only way is up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I think he can be a little hard done by when Idah starts every game and has not only hasn't he scored a goal but his performances have been so-so
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I think he can be a little hard done by when Idah starts every game and has not only hasn't he scored a goal but his performances have been so-so

Agree regarding Idah, but Connolly has been no swingin Mick of recent himself. Hardly a shock really. Genuinely forgot he was on the bench while watching the game. Says as much. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:38pm
Ia there room for one of Idah, Parrott or Connolly to drop in the u21s for games against sweden and italy. Whoever is third choice basically. Thought the u21s struggled up front. 

At the moment it seems like Connolly is the third choice. He could definitely benefit with more minutes. The italian team would be of a quality standard, with most playing in serie a. 
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:44pm
Not a bad idea to be honest. Needs time playing.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 178>
  Share Topic