Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 177>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think he is a natural goal scorer who knows what he's got in his locker and is confident. Kenny knows him well and I believe will regard him as a key player for Ireland in the immediate future.

0 goals for Ireland.

He scored yesterday, the last goal before that was in Sept and then before that was in May 2019 with 2 against Spurs.

The reality is that he's not going to score many goals. (Hope I am wrong, especially from an Ireland perspective).

he got two goals this year in just over six full games already

He has scored 2 goals in 11 games. I wouldn't consider that to be of a natural goal scorer.

That is all.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 4:42pm
Likely to be out for a fortnight according to Graham Potter.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm

I think he is a natural goal scorer who knows what he's got in his locker and is confident. Kenny knows him well and I believe will regard him as a key player for Ireland in the immediate future.

0 goals for Ireland.

He scored yesterday, the last goal before that was in Sept and then before that was in May 2019 with 2 against Spurs.

The reality is that he's not going to score many goals. (Hope I am wrong, especially from an Ireland perspective).

He has scored 2 goals in 11 games. I wouldn't consider that to be of a natural goal scorer.

That is all.

he got 2 goals in like 580 minutes of football that is six full games not eleven . he has eleven appearance not eleven games
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:12pm
Robbie Keane has 68 goals in 146 appearances and not 68 goals in x amount of minutes.

That's how it works.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:14pm

0 goals for Ireland.

That is all.

he got 2 goals in like 580 minutes of football that is six full games not eleven . he has eleven appearance not eleven games
Ah stop this is the best yet
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:17pm

Robbie Keane has 68 goals in 146 appearances and not 68 goals in x amount of minutes.

That's how it works.

you did not say appearance originally you said games . every person in football worth their salt knows goals to minutes is the superior measure than goals to appearances as it is far more presice

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 03 Jan 2021 at 5:17pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:35pm
Did O'Shea have a stroke or something? His grammar used to be beyond reproach.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:35pm
Expected goals vs actual goals is the best barometer. 

He has xG of 2.82 while he has only scored 2.
Last season it was 4.85 i think and scored 3.

Therefore based on xG he's underperforming.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 03 Jan 2021 at 5:40pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Expected goals vs actual goals is the best barometer. 

yes probable true so he should have four this year and he has three which is not so bad

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 03 Jan 2021 at 5:40pm
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Give the O'Shea accusations a rest, the two of you had enough time bickering when he was actually here to do the forum for a lifetime. The last thing we need is reminders of it when the Harry Arter and eligibility threads are no longer being spammed with childish arguments every 2 days
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm
An interesting one lads would Brighton getting relegated be a blessing in disguise for Connolly and even Molumby? They will likely sell 4/5 players then and Connolly and Molumby I suspect would benefit from this being regular starters and they would come straight back up I’d think with the quality they have. 

I referenced Damien Duffs career in comparison to Connolly before but Duff at 20/21 and 21/22 years of age played in the Championship for Blackburn before coming back up with them. This is Duff who a few on here says they “knew he was a star”. Looking at Duffs CV it’s just interesting he did spend those 2 years dropping a division with Blackburn.

Every year the PL has a too good to go down, too good to go down, too good to go down, oh sh*t they are down team and Brighton scream that to me this year. 

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2021 at 5:50pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm

That's how it works.
Using Robbie as an example isn’t the best either as he would have played the 90 minutes in the vast majority of those 146 games.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm

That's how it works.

Damien Duff who plenty on here say they “knew he was a star” had 1 goal and no assists in 36 appearances at 19/20 years of age for Blackburn before dropping to the Championship for 2 years?? 

Keane was a goal machine/out and out poacher from a young age they are rare hence why Inter Milan spent 13m on him the equivalent of a team spending about 80m on a young attacker in today’s market. 

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

An interesting one lads would Brighton getting relegated be a blessing in disguise for Connolly and even Molumby? They will likely sell 4/5 players then and Connolly and Molumby I suspect would benefit from this being regular starters and they would come straight back up I’d think with the quality they have. 

I referenced Damien Duffs career in comparison to Connolly before but Duff at 20/21 and 21/22 years of age played in the Championship for Blackburn before coming back up with them. This is Duff who a few on here says they “knew he was a star”. Looking at Duffs CV it’s just interesting he did spend those 2 years dropping a division with Blackburn.

Every year the PL has a too good to go down, too good to go down, too good to go down, oh sh*t they are down team and Brighton scream that to me this year. 

People often think that but it rarely works out. Think over the last 10 years, I cannot remember one occasion where relegation worked in one of our young players favour. The reality is that teams relegated from the premier league are under massive pressure to bounce right back, so their last inclination is to start flooding the team with youngsters. They want tried and tested.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:05pm

That's how it works.

LOL
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:09pm

Are you PM’s cousin?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm

You know the score re you and O’shea/442 , one more banning and thats it for good. IGNORE him.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

People often think that but it rarely works out. Think over the last 10 years, I cannot remember one occasion where relegation worked in one of our young players favour. The reality is that teams relegated from the premier league are under massive pressure to bounce right back, so their last inclination is to start flooding the team with youngsters. They want tried and tested.

Connolly isn’t a “youngster” in the sense he’s an established squad member at this stage if that makes sense?? Molumby fair enough I accept that point. 

Adam Idah a case in point actually I did think he’d be back up to Pukki but Norwich not alone kept Pukki but signed Hugill also.

FA Cup next week hopefully Molumby gets a runout.

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2021 at 6:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 177>
  Share Topic