You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is he the new Stephen Elliott?

Don't be putting pressure on the lad. If he has half the career Elliot had..
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

isnt it a serious spot we find ourselves in that it takes this sort of performance from one of our stand out young talents that our national manager cant spot the talent and cant include him in our very very limited squad? 

Scott Hogan anyone????? 'Judgey"??? Confused

He has three games to try and qualify us in and prefers to have players with plenty of senior and international experience in ahead of someone who hadn't started a league game before this afternoon. You'd swear he was ignoring someone who's been tearing up the league for the last couple of years the way some are young on
In fact, he's positively referencing him and said he'd consider promoting him if he started starting games. He may well give him the nod now. 

This desire for instant gratification in this day and age is bizarre. 

absolutely crazy stuff to have Hogan ahead of him, no matter what. complete bullsh*t from Mick

Football is full of players who made a big splash when they started and never kicked on. There was never a generation of fans who were outraged when those players weren't instantly fast tracked into the senior squad until the permanently outraged appeared.

Connolly's made a big step today. That may change things. Personally, in the long term, I think letting Kenny develop these lads in the 21s is better for their development but I'd be making an exception for Connolly after today. 

"Despite a ridiculously OTT clamour for him"

Funny that only a few months ago how you've suddenly backtracked and changed your tune to fit your agenda.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

isnt it a serious spot we find ourselves in that it takes this sort of performance from one of our stand out young talents that our national manager cant spot the talent and cant include him in our very very limited squad? 

Scott Hogan anyone????? 'Judgey"??? Confused

He has three games to try and qualify us in and prefers to have players with plenty of senior and international experience in ahead of someone who hadn't started a league game before this afternoon. You'd swear he was ignoring someone who's been tearing up the league for the last couple of years the way some are young on
In fact, he's positively referencing him and said he'd consider promoting him if he started starting games. He may well give him the nod now. 

This desire for instant gratification in this day and age is bizarre. 

absolutely crazy stuff to have Hogan ahead of him, no matter what. complete bullsh*t from Mick

Football is full of players who made a big splash when they started and never kicked on. There was never a generation of fans who were outraged when those players weren't instantly fast tracked into the senior squad until the permanently outraged appeared.

Connolly's made a big step today. That may change things. Personally, in the long term, I think letting Kenny develop these lads in the 21s is better for their development but I'd be making an exception for Connolly after today. 

"Despite a ridiculously OTT clamour for him"

Funny that only a few months ago how you've suddenly backtracked and changed your tune to fit your agenda.

Wow. LOL

How have I changed my tune? There was a totally OTT clamour for him to included. There was some ridiculous articles published. There was ridiculous pressure put on him to perform. Personally, I'd have started him in Georgia rather than Switzerland.

If Parrott got minutes every week between now and the end of March and bagged a couple of goals I'd certainly have him in the squad and in contention. Same with Idah. I doubt that'll be the case though. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:10pm
"I would make an exception for Connolly" your words.

Whether it was OTT or not, you had no problem pre Switzerland game for him to get called up and play.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 11:34am
Neither Connolly or Duffy even make the bench today 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 11:40am
Duffy at a family funeral apparently. Not sure about connolly.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 2:03pm
My condolences to Shane at this difficult time.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 8:33pm
Thoughts and prayers with Shane at this time
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:04pm
Aaron got an assist for the winner against Arsenal this afternoon.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:13pm
Did nothing for the first 20 minutes after he came on but came up with a great touch to play Maupay in for the winner right at the end.

Assists for both Connolly and Obafemi in their first games back, promising stuff.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:21pm
great little bit of link up there to create the chance and great finish too. Must be sickening to be an arsenal fan this week!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:28pm
And a great week if you hate Arsenal!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 5:16pm
Gets himself a starting position today. Duffy still on the bench 
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm
win a penalty with a great show of speed, Maoupy misses it.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:39pm
Playing well. 
Giving the defenders lots to think about and looks like he'll get a chance or two. 
Exciting player! 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:51pm
He's had a good half there. Doesnt look out of place at all. 

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:54pm
Looking sharp and pacy. Good to see Duffy on too.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:06pm
Really like the look of Connolly, his pace and strength are unreal, needs his finishing to improve to be a decent international player for us.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 177>
  Share Topic