Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 177>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 5:03pm
Carlos Kaiser 2.0
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 9:46pm
Hull will probably take him again next season. Wouldn't be surprised if it was on a permanent basis given he has one year left with Brighton, who would likely give him away for nothing just to save on his wages.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 10:00pm
it would be a big mistake to count connolly out. with Brighton getting a new manager in its likely he will have a full pre season and i can easily see the manager taking a shine to him. lad needs to keep himself fit and the chance will come
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 10:03pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

it would be a big mistake to count connolly out. with Brighton getting a new manager in its likely he will have a full pre season and i can easily see the manager taking a shine to him. lad needs to keep himself fit and the chance will come

Wise up 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 1:00am
Made of glass. Even if he gets his attitude right which hopefully he is, the foot injuries reoccur so much you just cannot rely on him. 
You plan differently and then if he happens to be fit and available here and there then he is an option. Shame because fit and with right attitude then he is a very good player who can make an impact
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 7:37pm

Aaron has been given a free transfer by Brighton.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:38pm
This lad looks destined to be at shams in a years time. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

This lad looks destined to be at shams in a years time. 

No chance as long as he stays fit, he's still an excellent baller when he's fit and has his head right. Hopefully he gets himself a good footballing move now. He'll have got a nice cheque assuming Brighton paid off the last year of his contract. He'll be back in the Irish squad soon enough, he could strike up a lovely partnership with Ferguson imo.
Idah Dream!
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

and has his head right. Hopefully he gets himself a good footballing move now. He'll have got a nice cheque assuming Brighton paid off the last year of his contract. He'll be back in the Irish squad soon enough, he could strike up a lovely partnership with Ferguson imo.

Hmmm 
Brighton happy to pay him up to please go away.
Hull manager quoted as saying his mysterious lack of availability wasn't on them or their medical team. 
Every shred of evidence points to the opposite of what you're saying here & I'd bet a tenner to a penny he'll never again play for Ireland to be honest, sadly. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

and has his head right. Hopefully he gets himself a good footballing move now. He'll have got a nice cheque assuming Brighton paid off the last year of his contract. He'll be back in the Irish squad soon enough, he could strike up a lovely partnership with Ferguson imo.

Hmmm 
Hull manager quoted as saying his mysterious lack of availability wasn't on them or their medical team. 
Every shred of evidence points to the opposite of what you're saying here & I'd bet a tenner to a penny he'll never again play for Ireland to be honest, sadly. 

He broke a bone, there's literally nothing mysterious about it at all LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:50pm

Hmmm 

I'll take that bet! What did Rosenior say re his availability?
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:51pm
I'd assume he's free to leave rather than leaving on a free. With his injury record whoever signs him will likely want a season to see how he gets on before signing him to a multiply year contract. Missed a lot of football last season and had that heel injury at Boro. Can see that affecting his next move.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:00pm

Hmmm 

I'll take that bet! What did Rosenior say re his availability?

Just had a look and cant see that Rosenior said anything definitive about either the injury situation or Connolly's attitude, it smacks of a manager/club who arent willing/able to meet Connolly's wage demands. We shall see where Aaron ends up, but I remain hopeful that he can recapture his best form which would put him above all the other contenders bar Ferguson! I also think he could work well with Ferguson in a 2, or in a 3 working off the left with Ogbene off the right behind Ferguson.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

I'd assume he's free to leave rather than leaving on a free. With his injury record whoever signs him will likely want a season to see how he gets on before signing him to a multiply year contract. Missed a lot of football last season and had that heel injury at Boro. Can see that affecting his next move.

Aye, I cant see anything about Brighton releasing him, so I'm not sure where thats coming from. As you say, Brighton may well have said that he's available, rather than releasing him (in that case, they'd have to pay off his rumoured 23k a week contract, so about €1.2mn, no way is Connolly walking away from that, nor should he)
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:04pm
Rosenior said along the lines that they need a player who can come in and hit the ground running and tolerate the physical demands of the Championship.
I don't see any references to his "
his mysterious lack of availability (that) wasn't on them or their medical team" but please do post a link to that.

Connolly has far too many injuries and if that clears up, he can get back into the Ireland fold after a consistent run of form for a decent level club.
But there's little evidence to suggest this will happen.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:06pm

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 07 Jun 2023 at 7:08pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:07pm
Rosenior on Connolly: ""Aaron's had a setback with his injury, and I haven't made a decision on Aaron. For next season, our injury record isn't good enough and that's not the medical staff's fault,"

Also mentioned that Rosenior is desperate to sign players who he can rely on for next season.

*That's after their last game of the season and any reference to Connolly from what I can see.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 07 Jun 2023 at 7:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 177>
  Share Topic