Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 178>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 8:56pm
He's after elbowing fellow EIRE internationalist Darragh Lenihan in the face busting his nose with blood coming from it.  Looks accidental.  He's already ona  booking so lucky boy.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Championship football is atttrocious, both teams pumping the ball back and forward to each other such a poor gameDead
It really is scutterball of the highest order isnt it? I had a fear that this loan move would be a bad one and its worrying to see it play out this way. No point putting Connolly in a team where his team mates just launch it as high and hard as they can at his head yet that is what they are doing.

He still should stand out if he had anything about him. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:06pm
Was very unlucky there that was going in only for the block by Van Hecke. Getting into the game a bit now Middlesbrough and Connolly.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:06pm
I think he’s doing ok getting ball to feet now.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:07pm
lenihan is some defender. Connolly won't get anything off him 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

lenihan is some defender. Connolly won't get anything off him 

Hes pretty solid alright. Very physical. Another decent option in one of our strongest areas.  Poor game overall tho. Connolly isnt really getting much of a look in. Few half chances if you could call them that even.
I love beer gardens
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:16pm
settling into the game nicely now had a few good touches and created a half chance for himself out of nothing. needs the ball played to feet to show his worth
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:20pm
Blackburn 1 up now. You feel like Connolly needs to play upfront with a target man. Hes just cant really lead a front line i dont think.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:27pm
That Gary Weaver does my head in commentating. 
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:32pm
Blackburn Rovers fans currently wondering ''What Zeefuik??!'' with that substitution.

willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:37pm
well at least he has played 90+ mins without pulling up injured or getting hauled off. That is very rare for him 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:41pm
missed a sitter

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:41pm
Decent chance there. Baloons it over tho
I love beer gardens
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:41pm
Couldn't hit a barn door this guy 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:49pm
his movement was very good and he picked up a lot of positions where if passed to he was wide open to score. problem is that he is playing in a low quality team and hes always going to get low quality balls played to him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:52pm
The Championship is a league that rewards players who work hard and give 100% commitment week after week. Connolly hasn't been doing that so hopefully this loan move might help him realise what he needs to do. He's not a natural goalscorer, so if he's going to make it as a top level forward it's going to need to be through hard graft and effort, a bit like what Shane Long has done for 15 years. If he doesn't have that in him you'd fear he'll fall away down the leagues over time. 

Huge few months coming up for him.

Edited by You Tell Me - 24 Jan 2022 at 9:53pm
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

and he picked up a lot of positions where if passed to he was wide open to score

No, no he didn't. 

Brighton play total football so where were all his goals there  ?
Now the narrative will shift to him being a Premier league movement god wasted in the Championship pig sty will it   ?  

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:58pm
My issue with connolly is he stands in the 6 yard box the whole game pointing for the ball, both for Brighton and Middlesbrough. Sounds great for a striker, but no good when high balls being crossed in and you are 5ft 6. Any time I have seen him play well its been out wide where he can get up to speed and dribble, but he doesnt want to play that position
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 178>
  Share Topic