You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A United Ireland vote?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Poll Question: Should Northern Ireland become part of the Republic of Ireland
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
85 [72.65%]
32 [27.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Northern Loyalland is an unrecognized country similar to the likes of Abkhazia, Transnistria, the Sahrawi. It broke away from New Ireland in 2030 after declaring unofficial independence. It swears unconditional loyalty to the Union of England and Wales.  Leader  of the political wing of the UVF/UDA/UFF alliance, Jamie Bryson demands recognition from the UN.

A map of the unofficial border can be seen below

Ah here. FFS we need to get a bit more creative here to get the west, north and south of belfast as well as the Glens of Antrim in. Like that wee mad bit of the Monaghan Fermanagh border 
Yeah to be fair, Northern Loyalland is getting pretty much every tourist site. Most of Ulster hurling too. I wouldn't pay much for the dud half of the deal

They can keep Tyrone as well. It wont be missed
I dream one day of a 31 county Ireland. Britain or anyone else is free to take the rancid cesspit that is Tyrone. Buck it we'll even throw in Offaly for good measure
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
ClapClap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:23am
Poor auld Tyrone really does get awful abuse from the Ulster lads LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:43am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Is it a GAA thing?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is it a GAA thing?

I'd imagine so. From a GAA point of view I've never got the hate for Tyrone myself.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:45am
Jim O'Callaghan seems to have a very good grasp on what will be necessary in the constitution of a new Ireland. I think those are key issues that go beyond the mere symbolism, and will be some of the most interesting aspects of the debate.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Jim O'Callaghan seems to have a very good grasp on what will be necessary in the constitution of a new Ireland. I think those are key issues that go beyond the mere symbolism, and will be some of the most interesting aspects of the debate.

In fairness to him he seems to be that rare thing, a member of Fianna Fáil, The Republican Party, actually being proactively in favour of a United Ireland. 

On the face of it I wouldn't be in favour of guaranteed cabinet positions for unionists. Parties shouldn't be guaranteed power simply on the basis of what their political position. Regardless they would be an important voting bloc and could very well end up in coalition government regardless or at least be kingmakers. 

I'd be all in favour of a brand new constitution, I think it's something we need regardless of whether there is a United Ireland or not. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:16am

In fairness to him he seems to be that rare thing, a member of Fianna Fáil, The Republican Party, actually being proactively in favour of a United Ireland. 

On the face of it I wouldn't be in favour of guaranteed cabinet positions for unionists. Parties shouldn't be guaranteed power simply on the basis of what their political position. Regardless they would be an important voting bloc and could very well end up in coalition government regardless or at least be kingmakers. 

I'd be all in favour of a brand new constitution, I think it's something we need regardless of whether there is a United Ireland or not. 

No matter what people say, the actual nuts and bolts of a new republic would be incredibly detailed and would require a lot of redrafting. Even symbolically, a new constitution may be necessary. I can understand the olive branch of unionist representatives, particularly in the early days of the new venture

I also think there will be a wing of people who will see it as chance to ventilate gripes about the EU, and very specific constitutional terms which will be higher on their agenda. Basically, they will argue that the terms, are not the terms they want and as a result will oppose, or stand on the sidelines. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:23pm

Is it a GAA thing?
No, it's the inhabitants
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm

Is it a GAA thing?

I'd imagine so. From a GAA point of view I've never got the hate for Tyrone myself.

They're a hard hitting team who've had the most success in ulster over the last 20 years or so. Naturally people will take a dislike to them. Similar to how Dublin aren't liked at the moment although their success was never on par with the dubs. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:19am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Is it a GAA thing?
No, it's the inhabitants
You might be right there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic