You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A United Ireland vote?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Poll Question: Should Northern Ireland become part of the Republic of Ireland
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
85 [72.65%]
32 [27.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

We already have Ireland's call. 

I'd vote and campaign against a United Ireland if that was going to be the anthem. 

clearly Bewitched Cest la Vie is the answer

When You're Looking Like That by Westlife shouldn't be ruled out.

Fairytale of New York, the Ronan keating version, naturally.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Those who want a United Ireland, how far would you be willing to go to make sure all felt inclusive.

Would you change the national anthem?
Change the flag?

What else would you do?

Before someone comes back and says our flag already recognises all parts of the Ireland, maybe it does but people very well know that some people up north would still be uncomfortable with it.
Symbolic new capital city? Something like Brazilia or Canberra?
Athlone! The centre of a new a new island. Clap

If Dublin is loosing out on it's capital status then I don't think you could look past Tulsk to take over.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:22pm
We should put our capital on Tory Island in Donegal. For no other reason that to be awkward, tourists wanting to visit Ireland's capital will have to share a ferry with farm animals.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

We should put our capital on Tory Island in Donegal. For no other reason that to be awkward, tourists wanting to visit Ireland's capital will have to share a ferry with farm animals.

And we could become a monarchy with the King of Tory becoming King of Ireland. That should reassure unionists! 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:45pm

The now deceased King of Tory stayed in my gaff before. I see that no one has taken up the throne since he died in 2018. He never actually said the words but I could tell that he wanted me to be his heir. 
I didn’t ask for this but some have greatness thrust upon them and I’m prepared to be the King that you need. As my first act as Sovereign ruler of YBIG, I hereby decree that an ignore button will be instated. 

That is all. 
El Puto Amo
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

And we could become a monarchy with the King of Tory becoming King of Ireland. That should reassure unionists! 
There will only every be on King of Tory Patsy Dan RIP
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

There will only every be on King of Tory Patsy Dan RIP

A lovely man. My folks bought a few of his paintings 
El Puto Amo
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
Would Will Grigg make the squad? 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
Northern Loyalland is an unrecognized country similar to the likes of Abkhazia, Transnistria, the Sahrawi. It broke away from New Ireland in 2030 after declaring unofficial independence. It swears unconditional loyalty to the Union of England and Wales.  Leader  of the political wing of the UVF/UDA/UFF alliance, Jamie Bryson demands recognition from the UN.

A map of the unofficial border can be seen below

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:07pm

Northern Loyalland is an unrecognized country similar to the likes of Abkhazia, Transnistria, the Sahrawi. It broke away from New Ireland in 2030 after declaring unofficial independence. It swears unconditional loyalty to the Union of England and Wales.  Leader  of the political wing of the UVF/UDA/UFF alliance, Jamie Bryson demands recognition from the UN.

So staunchly anti abortion that the New place resembles a foetus. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm

I have actually thought about that before  why not bring the majority nationalist regions into the Republic and draw the border more North East where there is a majority of unionists are based. One time financially supported migration of people from once side to the other if they want it. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Mar 2021 at 6:39pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

So staunchly anti abortion that the New place resembles a foetus. 
LOL well spotted
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have actually thought about that before  why not bring the majority nationalist regions into the Republic and draw the border more North East where there is a majority of unionists are based. One time financially supported migration of people from once side to the other if they want it. 
Plantation of sorts...what could possibly go wrongLOL
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:59pm
Joe Brolly hasn't stopped mocking RTE all day on twitter LOL
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:37pm

Ah here. FFS we need to get a bit more creative here to get the west, north and south of belfast as well as the Glens of Antrim in. Like that wee mad bit of the Monaghan Fermanagh border 
@AntrimMan85
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:53pm

Ah here. FFS we need to get a bit more creative here to get the west, north and south of belfast as well as the Glens of Antrim in. Like that wee mad bit of the Monaghan Fermanagh border 
Yeah to be fair, Northern Loyalland is getting pretty much every tourist site. Most of Ulster hurling too. I wouldn't pay much for the dud half of the deal
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:58pm

Yeah to be fair, Northern Loyalland is getting pretty much every tourist site. Most of Ulster hurling too. I wouldn't pay much for the dud half of the deal

They can keep Tyrone as well. It wont be missed
@AntrimMan85
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:08pm

They can keep Tyrone as well. It wont be missed
And Dublin 4
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic