You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A United Ireland referendum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Poll Question: Do you want the six counties to be part of the Republic of Ireland
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
49 [71.01%]
20 [28.99%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:32pm
Campaign posters in the hardline unionist areas of the 6 counties should just explain the amount of social welfare they could be getting, see how hardline they are then. 
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Campaign posters in the hardline unionist areas of the 6 counties should just explain the amount of social welfare they could be getting, see how hardline they are then. 

What is it £40-50 a week? €188 would be like winning the lotto LOL
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:45pm
Being from the 'North of Ireland' 
Simple enough, this always made me wonder even my da mentions it had family who fought back in the day but now in  modern times. How would the 'Gardai' be seen not carrying an armed weapon dandering around East Belfast. 

As Deane said, stick some welfare posters up around the Shankill. Their loyalty to the Queen won't last to long. 
Many many years away yet regardless of what Gerry says, we've now catholics in the north classing themselves as 'Northern Irish' fs no such country. It exists along with Narnia.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:46pm
Benefits wise do they actually come out with more? i know our basic social welfare payment is more but I said this to the ex's family before (West Belfast nationalist family) and they reckoned they'd still get more from the UK welfare system. Integration of services would be a huge factor also - Gardai/PSNI, ambulance services etc.

As SD has said it will take a long time for it to come to fruition even if a Yes vote passed. When the day comes I'll be a yes voter but I wouldnt be overly confident of it passing. There's a frightening lack of education about the North down here and a lot of people simply don't view it as part of Ireland. 

And if push came to shove, offer them Cork as a trade.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

What is it £40-50 a week? €188 would be like winning the lotto LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Benefits wise do they actually come out with more? i know our basic social welfare payment is more but I said this to the ex's family before (West Belfast nationalist family) and they reckoned they'd still get more from the UK welfare system. Integration of services would be a huge factor also - Gardai/PSNI, ambulance services etc.

As SD has said it will take a long time for it to come to fruition even if a Yes vote passed. When the day comes I'll be a yes voter but I wouldnt be overly confident of it passing. There's a frightening lack of education about the North down here and a lot of people simply don't view it as part of Ireland. 

And if push came to shove, offer them Cork as a trade.

West Belfast, fair play to you.. do you still have your kneecaps? LOL 

If a yes ever did happen, God help us. I've nothing against Unionists, but the sh*t storm the likes of Nigel Dodds and Robinson would create would be a bloody disaster. I can understand how people from the likes of Clare have 0 idea what occurs up North, tune in on around the 12th of July. Great insight into the 'peaceful and tolerate' society we live in. 

The Irish Open is in Newcastle Co Down this year, not far from were I'm from. I came home this weekend, was driving to Newcastle to met a few old school friends.. on the way to Newcastle theres a delightful wee hamlet called 'Clough' where the signs are for 'IRISH OPEN' on the lampposts they have spray painted the 'Irish' out the signs are a good 15-20 in the air it took a bit of effort to do this. This is the most horrible loyalist hole you can ever imagine, were everyone knows the family who went and butchered a teenager in the troubles for wearing a celtic jersey trying to get a lift home. 
They got a new statue a few years back.. of a farmer with a walking stick. They complained for months about the farmer appearing to hold a hurl.  Dead 

Edited by SByrne24 - 04 May 2015 at 11:58pm
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:40am
Originally posted by El cientifico El cientifico wrote:

Actually talking about gobsh*tes and Celtic jerseys

Was in an Irish Bar in Northbridge on Sunday after the fight. In the jacks going for a piss, fella wearing a Celtic jersey standing beside me…… and as most of ye know I can be a bit of a wind up merchant for all the good reasons and not just to start a row…..

Says to him; jaysus ye were lucky to beat us in Celtic Park, we were muck.

Your man; Aye Sir you know this is an Irish pub you’re in?

Says to him; yeah I do boy, do you know you’re in an Irish pub wearing a British Club jersey……

Your man; Celtic are Irish…… you should be ashamed……. Ashamed!

Says to Him; go away ya f**king mong, last time I looked at the map….. Glasgow was in Scotland, therefore Britain therefore the British Isles therefore the commonwealth and btw judging by your dress attire I’d say you saved ur dole money or robbed your neighbours shed to pay for the ticket to Perth.

Your Man; (move in close to me) you wanna step outside……

Says to Him; nah (drove my 2 fists straight into his chest and he went flying into the piss tank and he got covered in piss, now I mean destroyed!!)

My 2 buddies stood back watched this and when ur man got up he realized there was 3 of us and stayed in the piss tank. We left and f**ked off up to another bar on the strip. Saw him about 3 hours later in the pub we were in, still in the same clothes the dirty bastard!!

Irish Celtic fans Thumbs Down

Celtic fans getting patriotic in a commonwealth country LOLWink

You come out as a much larger gobsh*te in this story Dead
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:07am

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Was in an Irish Bar in Northbridge on Sunday after the fight. In the jacks going for a piss, fella wearing a Celtic jersey standing beside me…… and as most of ye know I can be a bit of a wind up merchant for all the good reasons and not just to start a row…..

Says to him; yeah I do boy, do you know you’re in an Irish pub wearing a British Club jersey……

Says to Him; go away ya f**king mong, last time I looked at the map….. Glasgow was in Scotland, therefore Britain therefore the British Isles therefore the commonwealth and btw judging by your dress attire I’d say you saved ur dole money or robbed your neighbours shed to pay for the ticket to Perth.

Says to Him; nah (drove my 2 fists straight into his chest and he went flying into the piss tank and he got covered in piss, now I mean destroyed!!)

My 2 buddies stood back watched this and when ur man got up he realized there was 3 of us and stayed in the piss tank. We left and f**ked off up to another bar on the strip. Saw him about 3 hours later in the pub we were in, still in the same clothes the dirty bastard!!

with the absolute bollox your sprout in the LOI section and your recent posts about westbrits i think you can relate to this gobsh*te. no doubt you update your spotify playlist everyday with more provo techno from the wolfe tones. 
More of a Luke Kelly man myself Clap
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:22am

AnCearrbhach, take scant notice of this lemon back after changing his name. Was on the Mayweather-Pacquaio thread with more fairytales of $9,000 tickets & $1,100 for a weigh-in ticket that cost everyone else Ten Dollars...
Only surprised he didn't use that enormous chip on his shoulder about Celtic on this other lad LOL Clown
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:25am
By the way Mods, how come Planning gets 12 votes to himself on this thread?? GerryAdams up North, GerryMandering down South Thumbs Down
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:00am

my mate and his auld doll went to the weight in and yes the tickets cost $1100 in total and thats $550 each as even report by fox

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-ticket-prices-weigh-in-042915

i saw how much he paid on studhub last wednesday for the main event and if he waited he would have prob got them for 6 to 7ish and the link below backs it up. 

http://nesn.com/2015/05/mayweather-pacquiao-tickets-for-may-2-fight-are-getting-much-cheaper/

More duckin' & divin'.  Oh those are combined prices now?? I see. Was singular a few days ago on the other thread with this absolute gem; 

"Mate of mine here flew from perth to vegas $2k, paid $600 a night for 6 nights = 3600, paid $9000 on studhub for wan ticket, paid $1100 for a ticket for the way in and then his auld doll got jealous so he had to bring her and cost him another 2k in flights. So 18k before he put a drink to his mouth."

Maths ain't your strong point either for "The Scientist" LOL Ya spanner Clown
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:10am
El cientifico some tin roofer.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:21am
voted yes but theres no way on this green planet that the unionists would accept it. Unionists are like flat earthers, they wont ever accept anything other that what they are told to believe from an early age. Ive a friend who comes from a unionist village say to me years ago that the GAA exist to fund raise money for the IRA to buy weapons, that kids go there to be trained and educated in republicanism and hatred of protestants. I near pi55ed myself laughing but the sad thing was that she truly believed it.

Look what happened when they took the fleg down, they went ape and wanted to bring down any form of govt. and all the while this was being instigated by the DUP, a political party which represents the true voice of unionism apparently.

The DUP have whipped up the hysteria from within unionism playing on their fears. They say the right things to get loyalists behind them, to make them think that the 'union' is in danger of being eradicated, that protestant culture is being wiped off history, that if we cant walk in this area that it wont end there blah blah blah.

Its all nonsense, ive yet to see any change in the weather due to that fleg being removed, house prices didnt crash, the stock markets didn't collapse! lol

But truthfully unionist politicians would go into melt down if it was suggested. Look at the hysteria that happened during the anglo-irish agreement, it would be similar to that. Unionism is like mob rule IMO, if someone tells them no to like something they all do it!
put em under pressure!
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:32am
great post dunloy and the DUP are outstanding at whipping up the mob.

If you had a more progressive Unionist voice running the show it might be a bit different. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:41am
Yeah good post DB.

The thing is if this ever gets off the ground, whose ever running this need to accommodate Unionism, you can't just completely isolate them and say tough luck.

I hate to say it but Irish-Britishness would need to be promoted, the OO would need to be accepted. We as Irishmen would have to accept their 'culture'.

They would never go for it. There are too many deluded dinosaurs in Unison too... you just need to look at Jim Wells most recently.

And if you have time just pop on to Gregory Campbells facebook page to look at the sheet hate that he promotes.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:46am
Do people expect a border referendum for the likes of Fermanagh and Tyrone or will it be an entire six county thing. I was under the impression that border referendums were part of the GFA but I think someone on here might have said before that was unlikely?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:59am

[QUOTE=El cientifico]<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.4">Actually talking about gobsh*tes and Celtic jerseys

Says to him; jaysus ye were lucky to beat us in Celtic Park, we were muck

Your man; Aye Sir you know this is an Irish pub you’re in

Says to him; yeah I do boy, do you know you’re in an Irish pub wearing a British Club jersey....

Celtic are Irish…… you should be ashamed……. Ashamed!

Your Man; (move in close to me) you wanna step outside

Irish Celtic fans

Celtic fans getting patriotic in a commonwealth country LOLWink<O:P></O:P>

@El cientifico

I suppose you would have hit him in the chest if there were 3 or 4 of his mates in Celtic tops in the jacks at the same time and you had went in to the pub on your own for a quick pint?

Edited by Green Devil - 05 May 2015 at 11:03am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 11:02am
it would have to get a vote through the assembly and that wont happen. The unionists would veto it much like they did with same sex marriage. They are bible thumpers, plain and simple. 

Unionist culture is alive and well in the north, its ones like the DUP who play on the fears of ordinary unionist people at the first sign of having to 'share a space' or actually accommodate another groups beliefs. Most nationalists have no hatred towards unionist culture so long as its not being shoved in their faces

All you have to do is look at the DUP's reaction to the ashers gay cake row, Gregory Campbell hatred of the Irish language, Jim wells rant, Iris Robinson & Paisley Juniors hatred towards gay people, Peter Robinson's Muslim rant. They are a severely backward party and one that is not forward thinking or interested in changing.

Unionism is rudderless and have no leadership. They are more worried about 'maintaining the union' in this election on Thursday than what ordinary people actually want. They have stood a single unionist candidate in certain areas just to make sure that they beat Sinn Fein and take the seat. How can that be forward thinking? it stinks of 1970's NI troubles politics, nothing more.

A boarder poll would be akin to the Scottish referendum. you would have them t**sers Cameron, Farage etc over here whipping up hysteria like they did before and i would nearly bet my life that the north would descend into civil unrest no matter the result.

put em under pressure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic