You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A list of away trip panics down the years on YBIG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A list of away trip panics down the years on YBIG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:36am
Haha great post! Don't go near any of the threads about the away trips or tickets for this reason, unnecessary panic when everyone always gets there, gets to the game and has a belter of a time!!
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:48am
I think people just post alot of these things for conversation. There was a great buzz on here leading up to the euros with all the talk on it
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 3:48am
Ah f**k it- cant beat them etc etc.

The single best line ever was the Andorran cops ( all fookin 4 of them) stopping ticketless fans at the border. For the love of god like...
@AntrimMan85
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 7:58am
Remember reading on the Kazakhstan away thread before heading off that some lads were worried about an earthquake striking Astana!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:11am
Can we also get a sarcasm button installed. Help those who don't understand when someone is being it.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

The single best line ever was the Andorran cops ( all fookin 4 of them) stopping ticketless fans at the border. For the love of god like...

We turned up for the buses in Barca on the morning of the game and one of my mates didn't bring his passport. He is a real worrier and was debating whether to go or not as he thought he might not get into Andorra. Myself and our other pal were telling him that he was freaking over nothing and that he would get in no bother so he decided to go. Once the bus got outside Barca, we got everyone winding him up that there was no chance of him getting in and that he was likely to be arrested for trying to sneak across a border. He was going mad telling us that he was gonna hide in the toilets and we were saying "Yeah, they'll never think of looking there ye clown. What were you thinking trying to get into a country without a passport you lunatic??".
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Can we also get a sarcasm button installed. Help those who don't understand when someone is being it.

Yeah this is badly needed
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Wouldn't that kind of take away from the whole point of somebody being sarcastic in the first place ?? 

Other than that, it might well be the best idea I've ever heard..................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Wouldn't that kind of take away from the whole point of somebody being sarcastic in the first place ?? 

Other than that, it might well be the best idea I've ever heard..................

I don't know how to reply to this!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 9:00pm
Sarcasm button would you shut up lads.  one of the best things on here is not know if someone is stupid or being sarcastic or both.  (Eire32 being an obvious example). 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 9:59pm
I'd give a bollock to read the Andorra Away thread that got deleted
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:01pm
Why was it deleted?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why was it deleted?
certain posters caused panic and mayhem
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:11pm
Twas a fine thread, hours of enjoyment LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

It's Rome

A Hall Of Fame incident right there Clap
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

We turned up for the buses in Barca on the morning of the game and one of my mates didn't bring his passport. He is a real worrier and was debating whether to go or not as he thought he might not get into Andorra. Myself and our other pal were telling him that he was freaking over nothing and that he would get in no bother so he decided to go. Once the bus got outside Barca, we got everyone winding him up that there was no chance of him getting in and that he was likely to be arrested for trying to sneak across a border. He was going mad telling us that he was gonna hide in the toilets and we were saying "Yeah, they'll never think of looking there ye clown. What were you thinking trying to get into a country without a passport you lunatic??".

Remember that. There was another lad aswell without his passport too. Even thuogh it said quite clearly in bold on the vouchers I sent yiz

Great roadtrip though, and all panicking aside, all 4 buses rolled into Andorra without even the slightest check!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 12:28pm
The Andorra ticket fiasco wins it comfortably.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The Andorra ticket fiasco wins it comfortably.

Queuing for the tickets was the best part of the trip
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic